Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused???? return to college

Options
  • 30-06-2010 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I too am looking to go back to college and my situation is quiet similar so I am looking for any help you may be able to give me..

I previously went to college over 10 years ago but did not complete the course since then I have been working mainly full time but sometimes part time. I have just changed to a new job which is full time in order to save some money as I do not think I would be eligible for grants having previously received them. The problem I have is that I really HATE this job and am now wondering if I would be better off handing in my resignation and seeking Jobseekers Benefit (I too would presumably have to wait the 9 weeks). As it is too late to apply to start a course this year anyway, I think this would benefit me as to receiving a BTES for 2011 enrollment.

The course I am looking at is Veterinary Nursing in DKIT and obviously I am a mature student! As a mature student I am assuming I will need to show some animal care experience but apart from my own pets and waifs and strays I've rescued over the years, I have no actual work experience per say.
    Resigning would also mean I could look into volunteering at the local Rescue centre and/or vet practices if poss.

I have a family too so you can see my difficulty re finances but this is really something I feel strongly about.........help guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sharon you will confuse things if you have two versions of your query going, you have a couple of answers on the other thread 'I want to go back to college'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement