Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litter

Options
  • 30-06-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭

I went fishing on the rock's just up from Boatstrand this morning and was discusted to see the litter left behind by other fisher person's, I haven't been there for a couple of years and was looking forward to it untill I came across the rubbish.:mad::mad:

fishing032medium.jpgfishing036medium.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The sea likely washed that up onto the stones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Cabaal wrote: »
    The sea likely washed that up onto the stones?
    Was thinking the same myself, a lot of the rubbish on Tramore beach is actually washed up rather than littered by people on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Quick Ziedth, put this one where it belongs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Thread moved to county fourm

I grew up out that way and there has always been a certain amount of trouble with litter so it wouldn't surprise me if it was left there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

It was all well above the high tide mark, and the packages were fresh there were also plactic mineral bottles strewn around, I can't understand why when someone opens a new packet of feathers why they can't put it in their pocket and bring it home,I filled the small bag I had with me with some of the rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

I was walking in the Knockenduff area on the outskirts of Tramore yesterday and I saw the driver of a black VW Polo flinging beer cans and plastic bottles from the moving car. The side windows on both sides of the car were wound down and the driver was chucking everything out. Black 5-door VW Polo, reg no 99-C-26466. The driver had bright red highlights in their hair. I've reported the matter to both the Gardaí and Waterford County Council.

Advertisement