Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kelly Brook snapped with 16-year old Beach Hunk

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

tbh wrote: »
    lots of people don't seem to think it is wrong, and lots of people do. Your gender doesn't predispose you to have one opinion or the other.

CD, lets not turn this into another "men vs women" thread.

Sorry, I worded that too loosely and didn't mean to imply anything about gender.

I have changed it to some women as that is more accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

CDfm wrote: »
    Sorry, I worded that too loosely and didn't mean to imply anything about gender.

That's cool, you know how it is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hey hey Snowie - you are sitting on the fence quite expertly there ;)

i like my fence i get 360 views..... :)
    But really, it is a difficult question & it is a moral and ethical question for women but can be a criminal prosecution for a man.

yeah but hes 16 and or over.... that means bye law he has a certain amount of leeway to a degree he needs to begin making dessions and learning how to except the consaquences...Imo to many people wrap there kids up in cottin wool Its partly why so many people are so crayxy because there parent have sheltered them its not healthy for a child.

at 16 i decided i wasnt going back to school I told my parents i smoked hash I started making my own dessions and you no what my old man encouraged it which in turned forced me to seek his council which is nothing short of genious and at 28 years o age there no one else council i hole in higher standered then my fathers he wasnt an athority figure he reinvented him self as a father as me and my brother grew older. thast the job of a father.

Now I am not making light of the consequences for a woman which could include pregnancy and/or abortion but a woman taling advantage of a boy could put him in all kinds of bother he is not emotionally equiped to handle.

It goes beyond the sex.

again, he should be when hes 18 granted daddys credit card wont run out but if he cant deal with simple things like women issues what good he going to be, i think that kinda experence will effectivly be more befitoul then unbenaftiol hes ina privilged place to learn how to talk with stunning older women sorry in my views..

there s no better way for a young man to learn..

Hi Snowie - at one level I agree with you but at another my view is well hey she is the grown up and he is the child.

So I have to go with that and say that the older person needs to be the more responsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hi Snowie - at one level I agree with you but at another my view is well hey she is the grown up and he is the child.

So I have to go with that and say that the older person needs to be the more responsible.

hes not a child im sorry but thats the wrong veiw to take teangers are not children there teenagers.. They maybe wet behinde the ears but thats how we all where to many parents try the hole thing your still a child it doesnt work....treat a teenager like a child watch them rebell, treat a teanger like and adult watch them gain a little cop on..

yeah but what happend they walked on the beach played ona jet ski thats hardly grounds to say she have any sort of sexual leasons with him is it ?
    thats the thing this thread has been braught up on that classic, statement whihs is betta known as

IF

hes not a child im sorry but thats the wrong veiw to take teangers are not children there teenagers.. They maybe wet behinde the ears but thats how we all where to many parents try the hole thing your still a child it doesnt work....treat a teenager like a child watch them rebell, treat a teanger like and adult watch them gain a little cop on..

thats hardly my point -just that sperm is contagious and causes pregnancy and when you have a 16 year old bloke and 30 year old woman there is hardly any doubt who is in charge here and it is not him.

what i am saying is that should a pregnancy arise them I would think that while he is the Dad as becoming a parent happens with her as an adult and he a juvenile I would have little doubt that the financial responsibility to raise the child should be hers.

the other thing is if this was Ireland the age difference would constitute statutory rape.

The other point I raised is that some women seem to be ok with having relationships with underage boys and I am questioning whether it needs to be looked at as a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

the other thing is if this was Ireland the age difference would constitute statutory rape.

the guy with kelly brook is 16, which is the age of consent in england.

anyway, we dont know whether or not they have had sex

sam34 wrote: »
    the guy with kelly brook is 16, which is the age of consent in england.

anyway, we dont know whether or not they have had sex

We dont know & the speculation is that she was not that way inclined and given that she is a family friend and the story was written to fit the pictures in true tabloid style.

The OP brought up the hypocracy of the coverage especially if the genders were reversed.

I couldnt see it being portrayed different to any "hot totty" story but wondered about how barely legal relationships get covered and are they harmful & consensual. Do they damage the younger partner male ir female ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement