Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Styrofoam Ceiling beams

• 30-06-2010 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi Folks

I want to install fake ceiling beams and read that doing it in Styrofoam gives a realistic look. Anyone know where I can source beams / blocks or lengths of Styrofoam that I can stick together

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,621 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You can buy sheets of insulation in builders providers, the 2.5cm sheets 60 x 120 approx are around €30 for 20 sheets, you can also get 5cm thick. I don't see how you are going to get a reasonable effect (:D) without covering it with strip papier mache though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

sorry cant heip you with sourcing them but they are used all the time in pubs and suchlike very realistic looking yet really liteweight a great product ,but this look has gone out in pubs now so they probably arent too easy to get,persistance may pay off best of luck with the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

www.oakleaf.co.uk no connections just a graet look though like all nice things, pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snazzy_Chazzy

Hi Folks

I want to install fake ceiling beams and read that doing it in Styrofoam gives a realistic look. Anyone know where I can source beams / blocks or lengths of Styrofoam that I can stick together

Thanks

How did you get on o donoghue? have some links.

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6781882_make-styrofoam-beams.html

http://eventceilingdecor.com/ceiling_pages/faux_ceiling_beams.shtml

did they turn out ok?

Advertisement