Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kebab Shop in Enniscorthy

Options
  • 30-06-2010 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

Between the Post Office and where Warren Estates used to be located on Castle Hill.

Best kebab I've tasted around the County. Freshly made pitta bread stacked full of meat. Great value for money. Friendly staff too.

Well worth a visit if you're a Kebab lover like me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Ooooooh, I hate you! I'd kill for a good kebab but lack of transport denies me the pleasure. I haven't found a good kebab in Wexford town yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I hate me too... I must be after eating about 7 in the past week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Great to see the new kebab shop opening and let's hope it lasts longer than the pizza place that was there previously. There are a few 'green shoots of recovery' to be seen round the town in the form of new shops opening, but I think it's way to early to be unduly optimistic as poor old Enniscorthy was in the horrors long before the demise of the Celtic Tiger. In the meantime for those of you dying for a kebab - 30 seconds walk and I'm there. :p

slaneyst004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Yes, I really hope they manage to do well. I think they're Turkish owned and I really wish them all the best.

The Pizza parlour didn't last long when it occupied the same premises. I think about 3 weeks after it opened Apache pizza opened it's doors on the Quay.

I have to re-iterate that not only are these one of the best tasting kebabs I had in a while they're fantastic value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Spotted that today-must give it a go over the weekend.Best of luck to them with the venture.I loved the pizza place that was there-the guys would hand throw the dough in front of you and make em fresh,yum yum.A few pints and a kebab, sweet!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

1 of the best Kebabs i have ever ate. Thanks Denis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 crowdflash

Was it opened by Conor Lenihan by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

crowdflash wrote: »
    Was it opened by Conor Lenihan by any chance?

Thanks! I was thinking of giving it a try until I heard that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Was in there today, their small kebab for 3.50 is the size of mallocas kebab and half the price! Very nice indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I might head down there tonight and try it out. Abras is stinking, the 'wans' outside the door smoking, just looks awful. Never go to Maloccas anyway, bags of undercooked soggy chips. And Darios is just too dear, and he's a gangster.
    But no matter how good this new place is, i cant see it lasting long. The Pizza place was only there a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

MJ23 wrote: »
    I might head down there tonight and try it out. Abras is stinking, the 'wans' outside the door smoking, just looks awful. Never go to Maloccas anyway, bags of undercooked soggy chips. And Darios is just too dear, and he's a gangster.
    But no matter how good this new place is, i cant see it lasting long. The Pizza place was only there a few months.

I totally agree with you comments. I would never eat from those 2 chippers there is fast food and there is Half cooked lightning fast food.

I reckon the only chippers worth ordering from is

ABC
    Tony's
    Atina
    and now Denis Kebab shop.
    Although my Niece tells me that Vinegar takeaway at chapel lane is good

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Got the kebabs there-excellent and HUGE.The guy doing deliveries was saying they were run off their feet so that sounds promising for the future.Hope they do well-the franchises (abrakebara) can't compete for the quality with the made by numbers kebabs.The wraps in Denis's are handmade and that says a lot,even the meat was fresh cooked plus the 'real' chips were a bonus.Feck I'm making myself hungry:)

Advertisement