Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I screwed up

• 30-06-2010 2:09pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

Posting this here as the accommodation forum isn't as frequented.

I got a letter from UCD last week about applying for accommodation. I sort of put it off because I still had an exam, then I forgot about it.:(

I done it last night, I'm in the 1500s and there is only 747 places...:(

My question is what do I do now? There looks like a slim chance of getting it looking at those numbers. My parents are really annoyed.

And also do I have to do this for the other colleges on my CAO, because I got no notification about accommodation from them yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

DB10 wrote: »
    Posting this here as the accommodation forum isn't as frequented.

I got a letter from UCD last week about applying for accommodation. I sort of put it off because I still had an exam, then I forgot about it.:(

I done it last night, I'm in the 1500s and there is only 747 places...:(

My question is what do I do now? There looks like a slim chance of getting it looking at those numbers. My parents are really annoyed.

And also do I have to do this for the other colleges on my CAO, because I got no notification about accommodation from them yet?
    I haven't got around to any o that either...

I was thinking of geting an some off campus accomodation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

There will be lots of students ahead of you in the list who won't take UCD accommodation either because

- It's their first preference and they don't get the points
    - It's a lower preference and they get the points for a higher preference which is a different college
    - They get UCD but over the summer decide to go off-campus because it might be cheaper

Remember somebody ahead of you might only have UCD down for one or two of their 10 choices so there's lots of chances of people pulling out.

Plenty of 'digs' in Dublin anyway close to UCD with dinners served up. If you stay on campus you'll probably end up a skeleton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Msdimplesxxx

Yeah same, im in the 1500's too, but im not worried! I have trinity down top, and ucd second, but generally speakin, for my course ucd is generally higher! soif i don't get trinity i wont get ucd! I wouldn't worry, there's many people out there like me, so don't worry bout having a high number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

Whats the story with accomodation in UCD and NUIG?
    Ive booked accomodation in UCC. I thought in UCD anyway that you book your accomodation as soon as the offers come out?? Not sure about NUIG???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Xtina!! wrote: »
    Whats the story with accomodation in UCD? I thought in UCD anyway that you book your accomodation as soon as the offers come out??

Nope. You go on the first come first served list now http://www.ucd.ie/residences/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

pathway33 wrote: »
    Nope. You go on the first come first served list now http://www.ucd.ie/residences/

Alright then, I havent looked at accomodation for any other unis cos if I didnt get UCC (my first preference, remember), I wouldnt get the others. Also my 6th choice after medicine is in UCC. Im just wary in case something happened and they wont accept me into UCC with this whole points this year and last year malarky! I have UCC anyway (hopefully!) and thats all that matters for me. I also contacted CAO again btw and they cleared all that up for me.

Ah yes I remember now, I put UCD down as my first preference last year and I did all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I havent done anything about accommadation yet.. Im hopefully going to UCC though.. Looking at Castlewhite! Anyone else going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

cork*girl wrote: »
    I havent done anything about accommadation yet.. Im hopefully going to UCC though.. Looking at Castlewhite! Anyone else going there?

I'm hopefully going to UCC but I don't know which places are the best there.
    Also, the application form online isn't really working. It won't let me choose the apartment type.:( Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

Do you have to apply online right now for any other colleges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

well i put my name down for campus and was in the 700s but havve since got accomdation off campus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Holy crap I am in the 1700s for only 747 places :eek:

My career guidance teacher told us we wouldn't have to worry about applying for accomodation until after the results! He said there is a great site for finding about accomodation - google.ie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Holy crap I am in the 1700s for only 747 places :eek:

My career guidance teacher told us we wouldn't have to worry about applying for accomodation until after the results! He said there is a great site for finding about accomodation - google.ie :rolleyes:

Career Guidance teachers not knowing what they're talking about? Impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Only for this thread, I wouldn't have applied :p I'm in the 1600's. Again, I figured there was no organizing until after results. UCD isn't even my first choice. Put my name down just to be safe

Advertisement