Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowing Machine

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

No :D but it is a good thread that one and has more than enough vids!

WR's
    0500m - 1m14.4 - could be less but this is the official 1.
    2000m - 5m36.6 - 1m24.15 / 500m - Rob Waddell 2008
    5000m - 14m58.3 - 1m29.83 / 500m - Rob Waddell 2008

6 seconds difference in your splits between 2 & 5k is incredible and all fitness related. Rob might not be much under 1m20 for a single 500m and the 500m guy is probably nowhere over 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Fairly new to using the Concept II.

I seem to have trouble with the straps constantly coming loose which affects my time.
    I tighten them as much as possible before starting but after a minute or so in I have to readjust them.

I'm obviously doing something wrong. Any tips?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Patdusty2010

Was using the Concept 2 earlier in the gym. I tried every level from 1-10 and my drag wasn't anywhere near 130. I was getting around 80 or so on Level 8. I am not sure whether this is due to poor technique/old rower/dust in rower etc..

I am doing my 500 metres at the moment in in around 1 minute 43 to 1 minute 46 seconds. I regard myself as very fit so I don't understand why I can't seem to get a time of around 1 minute 30 seconds. It must be my technique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Was using the Concept 2 earlier in the gym. I tried every level from 1-10 and my drag wasn't anywhere near 130. I was getting around 80 or so on Level 8. I am not sure whether this is due to poor technique/old rower/dust in rower etc..

I am doing my 500 metres at the moment in in around 1 minute 43 to 1 minute 46 seconds. I regard myself as very fit so I don't understand why I can't seem to get a time of around 1 minute 30 seconds. It must be my technique.

old machine that's been poorly maintained. this will also affect your scores, if you had a concept 2 in proper condition that could get the drag to 120ish you'd find your splits would be lower, unless you were quite weak!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

You need to be strong aswell as fit to do 1:30.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Zamboni wrote: »

I seem to have trouble with the straps constantly coming loose which affects my time.
    I tighten them as much as possible before starting but after a minute or so in I have to readjust them.

Cheers

are they old/worn? are the secured properly at the back of the footplate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Parsley wrote: »
    are they old/worn? are the secured properly at the back of the footplate?

It seems to happen on any machine, hence why I think its me that is causing the problem...
    Stupid flexion of the ankle joint or something.

(apologies to pat for jumping in on his thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Zamboni wrote: »

Cheers

Push the balls of your feet into the plates when you drive from your legs.
    As much as you can without coming up off the seat.

Thats not a great description, I saw it in a crossfit video with John Gilson and a coach from concept2.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

And the straps should be across the balls of the feet (not too far forward on the foot towards the toes, nor too far back).

Advertisement