Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munchies Drumcondra

Options
  • 30-06-2010 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi ,

Whats munchies in Drumcondra like? anyone know?
    I have walked by here many times and said to myself I'll try it out?

What type of food can you get in there? is it nice?
    Can you get coffee and a doughnut, or tasty sandwiches or even a fry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Funny I was on the bus yesterday and 2 people behind me were asking the exact same thing.

I've never been there myself but I've seen tons of students from Pats go there for lunch so either the food is great or its really cheap..........or both

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Haven't been in the one in Drumcondra, but the one in East Point is rank. Very over-priced, the hot sandwiches are really small and the cold ones aren't very good either. If you're looking for a cake, Thunders is just next door :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Im a big fan tbh! Really like the chicken whoopie and prices arent bad either. Id recommend, gets quite busy at lunchtime tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

wixfjord wrote: »
    Im a big fan tbh! Really like the chicken whoopie and prices arent bad either. Id recommend, gets quite busy at lunchtime tho.
    But what type of food can you eat in there? Is there many seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Mainly they will make you up whatever type of "sandwich" you want I know they have soups and some hot foods as well as cheese boards and things like that. I think they do some desserts as well.

Seating - not a huge amount inside but it has a seating area with some tables on decking out the back

Chicken whoopie is lovely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

What does a chicken whoopie consist of?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

chicken, lettuce, tomato and cheese on ciabatta with ballymaloe relish more or lesss

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

chicken, lettuce, tomato and cheese on ciabatta with ballymaloe relish more or lesss

And chillii Mayo. I love the bacon woopie,..

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Munchies Drumcondra is nice but as said already, it is overpriced. They do have a good selection of fillers though that you wouldn't get in the likes of Centra/Spar. I think in general im not a fan of places that have one price for take away and another price for sitting in.

Try 'Bia Blasta' across the road on Millbourne Avenue, its much cheaper & does equally as nice stuff for lunch. No seating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dave Roe

I've eaten in Muchies Drumcondra several times, nearly once a week since it opened. My kids love it. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I love it..... I go in there about once a week. They do poached salmon wraps with lemon mayo and rocket which is yummmy. Their bagels are really good also.

Wish they had Wifi though. I usually go in while waiting for by OH to finish work... and it would be really handy if I could work while I was waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 st.pats Inmate

There is wi-fi in the shop and its free!!

I had the chicken whoopie there today and its lovely. I asked what was in it and was told ballymaloe relish, cheddar cheeze, chicken, chilli mayo, lettuce and tomatoe on a toasted ciabatta. Only 5.40e take away.. Staff were very nice too. Even got a free hug off the manager....... I will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Was in there yesterday. Staff really nice. Got a toasted sambo very nice. PLace looked very clean and lots of seats. It also has wifi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Well i wont ever eat there if they're selling ballymaloe relish.
    Tim Allen can get somebody else to pay his bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

great about the wifi, is 5.40 for a ciabatta a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 murtagl8

Well I think that it is deadly, they are the only cafe in Dublin that have descent food.the staff are friendly as well and they always have a smile for you when you go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

murtagl8 wrote: »
    Well I think that it is deadly, they are the only cafe in Dublin that have descent food.the staff are friendly as well and they always have a smile for you when you go.

you need to get out more kiddo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

murtagl8 wrote: »

Probably glad to see you leave ;)

I'd prefer a smile when coming into a place rather than leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Food is nice, I find it expensive though.

Also, there is a limited seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 murtagl8

I need to get out more, i'm a full time student and have an amazing life and just because I think that a cafe is great , you have to reply with that comment, maybe its your attitude you cant see past your own rudeness.
    Thanks for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

It looks like it turns into a noodle bar in the evening.

I havn't been, but its about 8.50 for a bowl of pad thai or something like that.

Advertisement