Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win one of five Family Adventure Breaks in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

My family and I would love any of the holidays thats up for grabs because we have been to Grand Canyon&Zion national park in past years and they love the out doors as do i. Stayed at a working farm in UK last year also.

But to be honest I would love the opportunity to bring them somewhere in Ireland like the holidays that are mentioned. My Daughter was at Gaelteacht recently and the Country side around An Spidéal was amazing, its a pity I was only driving through it, would love to visit it again and other parts of Ireland like it.

I would love my Family and I to DISCOVER IRELAND more...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rooneysdaman

I would choose Donegal as the destination if I won.
    Last year was a traumatic one for my kids. For reasons too long to go into we made the life-changing decision to move home to Galway from America after many years. This was not entirely by choice and it was hard for the kids to leave their friends, their schools, their way of life etc. They have been SO good here, have really pulled with us and haven't complained and have really given it their all in integrating into Irish life, I'm very proud of them. Finances are crap since we moved and we have all had to adjust to not really having any extra cash anymore (no harm to some of us, I have at last overcome my addiction to shoes that I never wear!).
    It would be nice to win so that we could give them a little trip away that we otherwise couldn't afford and also, to show them how incredibly beautiful their new country is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Katielee

The%20Fun%20Starts%20Here%20strapline%20brown%20pos_DI.jpg

After living in Chad (Central Africa) for the past 14 months and getting to know some of the best Irish soldiers that were serving here, I am taking my annual leave and travelling to Ireland to meet up with them again and to see the country of my ancestors. I would be honoured to stay at any of the locations offered in the competition - however I would put my first preference for option number three - Shelmalier House. I want to have a pint in Irelands oldest pub - I want to eat beautiful meals made with great produce (not a common event in Chad) and I want to gaze in awe from the River Shannon and try and identify every shade of green -- all 99 of them. There is so much to see -- and so little time to see it -- I can think of no better way than living with the locals and seeing the real Ireland with my family - rather than the four walls of an impersonal hotel. Best of luck to all who enter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deroiste

1. Eagles Nest B&B, Co. Donegal. I have lived all my life in Ireland and ive never seen the beautiful county of Donegal.Shame on me. I would love to change this..Please help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lola1

Definitely Donegal! I spent many happy years there as a child in Doochary but unfortunately the house we lived in has now gone out of our family and I miss it so much! I brought my children there a few years ago and met an old man (he was at least 120!!) I had known in my childhood. He said he had seen my children going into the local sweetshop and he remembered me and my brothers and sisters doing the same thing many many years ago. I want to go back there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

I would pick Athlone... With my kids being young still, we have been very busy and haven't had the time or finances to organise a holiday. I would love to let them experience the beauty that ireland has to offer. And as for the boat ride ..... Well lets just say... WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'd choose no 3. Shelmalier House, Athlone, Co. Westmeath.

my wife had our second child a few months ago. We'd love a weekend away somewhere in Ireland this year as we have no holiday planned.
    Our eldest (3 years) loves the swimming and the water so a cruise would make her summer. And it'd be great to have a weekend in a new place where we could go for strolls with our newborn.
    We have friends who live in Athlone so it'd also be a great chance to catch up with them (and even get them to babysit).

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tanoone

Rocksberry B&B,Castlebar, Co. Mayo

Looks like a lovely place to go

Our greatest wish

A chance to fish

and watch my hubby row ,row ,row !

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

My choice of destination would be:
    3. Shelmalier House, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

My fiancé is going back to work after her maternity leave in 3 weeks and id love to be able to bring herself and our little 5 month old away for a short break before she goes back.

Ive picked Athlone as its not a destination I woul normally consider when holidaying in Ireland and I would absolutlely love a trip down the Shannon!

Cheers,

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'd love to take my children to Shelmalier House, Athlone, Co. Westmeath. I went to boarding school there many years ago and haven't really been back much on my own and not at all with them. I'd love to show them where I went to school back in the 'dark ages' as they call it and see have my old stomping grounds changed much. There are also some lovely beauty spots, Coosan, Hodson Bay and Clonmacnoise to name a few and when they get fed up of those maybe a trip to the Leisure Zone and Glendeer Pet Farm or Athlone Castle. For myself I'd like to take a trip down memory lane and see is Burgess Park still the same (the scene of many 'fourth year Presentation boarder' type encounters). I could also meet up with my best friend from Junior Infants and onwards that I haven't been able to visit for too many years now owning to circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

I'd pick Quignalegan B&B Ballina, Co. Mayo.

I was in Mayo recently for the first time in years and was reminded what a great area of the country it is. The surfing would be very popular with the kids as they always enjoy messing in the surf with body boards, but I never really joined in much with them, mainly due to Irish water temperatures! The idea of wet suits keeping us warm and the whole family being shown how to do it properly is very appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Hi, todays the day.
    How dies it work, do you put a post here or pm the winners first.Im sitting by my computer ALLLLL DAY!!!Bags are packed, fingers are crossed, kids are mad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Would love to win this, a break would be great :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

cathy01 wrote: »
    Hi, todays the day.
    How dies it work, do you put a post here or pm the winners first.Im sitting by my computer ALLLLL DAY!!!Bags are packed, fingers are crossed, kids are mad!!!

I was just wondering the same:):confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

So who won?? :)

Hi OP, Can you update who won, my fingers and toes are starting to cramp now!!:D

cathy01 wrote: »
    Hi OP, Can you update who won, my fingers and toes are starting to cramp now!!:D

I have lost all feeling in my fingers and toes now....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I'll ask Darragh what the story is, but posters to have the right to remain anon if they win,
    so don't expect names to be given out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Folks, we're waiting on Discover Ireland to get back to us. Apologies for the delay, but they are aware it has closed :)

Still in with a chance then..... ;-)

• Advertisement

yep, going blueish purple , fingers still crossed rigamortis setting in, but hanging in there.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Delighted to finally be able to announce the winners of this - thanks so much to everyone who entered!

So, we have:

Thaedydal off to Rocksberry B&B

Magicray off to Leim Siar

Moonbeam off to Shelmalier

25 off to Eagle's Nest B&B

Deliverance XXV off to Quignalegan B&B

Massive congratulations to all and well done. Thanks again to Discover Ireland and their PR company for this competition!

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tanoone

Congratulations to all the winners . I'm so jealous ! Please God you get some nice sunny weather to enjoy your breaks

If anyone has a complaint or issue with the competion they should contact hello@boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I've taken it to feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Just want to say thanks to Darragh, Boards.ie and Discover Ireland.

Thanks very much. It's greatly appreciated and I intend to share all the pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

PS, Congrats to all the winners! Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

No surprises there with the winners anyway...

Well I was surpised.
    Thanks Discover Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Just wanna congratulate all the winners of the comp....Have a great time on yer weekends guys and well done:)

Look forward to some nice pics deliverance...

Advertisement