Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win one of five Family Adventure Breaks in Ireland

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

me too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

Whoo hoo I am delighted, thanks a million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Thaedydal wrote: »
    If anyone has a complaint or issue with the competion they should contact hello@boards.ie.

Done!

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hi all,

Just to address two things here, as per the thread in feedback and the PM's I've gotten:

Firstly - I'm sorry. I didn't check the list of winners when I received them from Discover Ireland and it was only when I was PM'd today that I copped that they had been the first 6 posters in the thread.

This was not what I had intended and not the way competitions on Boards.ie are normally run. If it is to be the first posters, we'll tell you clearly.

When coming up with competition mechanics and ideas, I always think - like you do - that effort and creativity should be rewarded. I never normally have to check and this morning I should have copped it. I think I was just excited to let people know they'd won a prize because they were a member of the site :o

So I've contacted Discover Ireland's PR company and will hear back from them on Monday to explain what happened in this situation.

Secondly - and probably more importantly - every member on Boards.ie is entitled to enter a competition - Admins, Moderators and members. The only exception is paid office staff (Dav, Ross, Conor, DeVore and me) and members directly involved in the organisation of a competition, if that happens.

If a moderator's entry - and please bear in mind that a moderator is a member who has been asked to volunteer their time moderating - is good enough to win, then I'm happy for that to happen. They get neither preference or priority for open competitions like this.

It's very important for you to know that we like to run competitions transparently and openly on Boards.ie and will do our best to make them so. We'd prefer to have no competitions than a bad one, and that's why we work only with companies prepared to invest in a good prize for our members.

Mistakes like this - whether it's a miscommunication on my part with Discover Ireland, a mistake they made or just a big mad coincidence that just happens to look dodgy (:rolleyes:) - are as bad for us dealing with it as they are you, and I apologise that it did happen.

I'll discuss this on Monday with Discover Ireland and come back to you. I appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

No problem Darragh,

It's not the end of the world and I'm sure the majority of people who posted in the competition harbour no resentment at all to the winners!!

Thanks for the explanation and no need to be sorry whatsoever :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

So when will the real winners be announced?
    Good luck to all, i'm just back from Connemara myself and it is just beautiful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Congrats to all! I hope you have a great weekend and that there will be more competitions in parenting soon! Hint hint!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Darragh,

Don't worry about it, it's not for you to apologise! Also, there's no real need to get any answers from the marketing company, we all know what happened anyway. I guess its just a case of looking to the future to warn future competition holders about how they judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

Have to say Im mortified about this, I didnt realise until Darragh posted that it was the first couple of posters that won :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

magicray wrote: »
    Have to say Im mortified about this, I didnt realise until Darragh posted that it was the first couple of posters that won :o

in that case, you could do with a weekend off ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

magicray wrote: »

Ah god no magicray, no need for that luv........You won the comp fair and square so head off on your weekend and have tonnes of fun:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hi folks, just to confirm I've contacted Discover Ireland to find out what happened here. Will be back to you once I find out more.

Advertisement