Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aluminium Patio door insulation strips?

• 30-06-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

I've an alumininium sliding patio door, 14yrs old. The insulation strips which are embedded in the frame & come into contact when the door is closed, have worn out.

I've had the wheels replaced, but the guy who did it would not touch/replace the insulation strips. I've had the lock replaced, again the guy (different from the wheels guy!) would not even contemplate replacement of the strips. Strange, as they both work with glazing products.

What I can see myself is that the strips do not move up or down, like other strips which I've looked at. It appears that when the manufacturers inserted the strips into their recessed slots, that they also glued them - probably a good idea then, but now...

Any ideas - could I chisel these out myself, I've not seen that you can buy replacement strips in any of the DIY shops.

Stuck, in a windy place!

Thanks.

Advertisement