Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

23 weeks pregnant and have sore tight skin around my navel..

• 30-06-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Im 23 and a half weeks pregnant and My skin has become sore and feels very tight around my belly button area.
    i used to have my belly button pierced for about 6/7 years but i took it out about 3 years ago and never had any problems with it.. its not very itchy and not red at all it just feels really tight and thats sore..
    Anybody else every have that? :confused:
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

it could be the skin stretching and getting tight from baby getting bigger... get a good moisturiser or some bio oil and see if it relieves it...you might avoid the stretch marks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

I had that on my first pregnancy, like a big bruise around the bellybutton. Just stretching i think...didn't have on my 2nd pregnancy probably cause i was all stretched!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

I'm getting that on and off, I'm around the same stage too. Mine only lasts a few minutes though, its like when the baby moves into an awkward position there, and a bit of stretching too. Don't think its anything to worry about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

On my first pg I got this and then DEN DEN DEN!!!!! the dreaded STRETCH MARKS starting radiating from my belly button!!! Sorry! Not saying that definitely it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

On my first pg I got this and then DEN DEN DEN!!!!! the dreaded STRETCH MARKS starting radiating from my belly button!!! Sorry! Not saying that definitely it though!

Ha ha ditto, I never regretted more getting that piercing than when I seen stretch marks that like LL says literally radiated from it!

+1 on the advice for a good oil/cream to moisturise it
    I was told baby oil is a good (cheaper) alternative to the bio oil, though not too sure if its as effective?

I had a body oil my sis gave me (regifted xmas present someone gave her :rolleyes:), its 'Elemis Moisture Melt' & I found that brill in preventing further stretch marks & keeping my skin nice and soft.
    I see they also have one for stretch marks 'Elemis Japanese Camellia Oil'.
    They are dear but I have a 100ml bottle, used it every day of my pregnancy and still have half a bottle left.
    You can get it much cheaper on Ebay than anywhere else I found :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Eck i was really afraid of that!!! those dreaded stretch marks! I have bio oil for about a month or so now but i wasnt using it every day..... Now i am!!
    I had a look at Elemis Japanese Camellia Oil on ebay think i now might be purchasing that also! :D

Thanks for all yer help!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kazzo

Hi,

Sweet Almond Oil does a great job.
    http://www.evergreen.ie/atlantic-aromatics-sweet-almond-oil/000055pd.aspx
    Atlantic Aromatics is Irish Company and it costs only about 9euro for 250ml.
    It also can be used for Perineal Massage and baby massage.

I always had very dry itchy skin even before I became pregnant.
    I felt very tight and itchy around my belly button area a couple of months ago. Since then I've been using the almond oil, and my skin is in the best condition ever!
    Now I am almost 31week pregnant, and have no sign of stretch marks!

BTW, Funny that I am Japanese, but didn't know about Japanese Camellia Oil :eek:
    I love Irish products!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Ha ha ditto, I never regretted more getting that piercing than when I seen stretch marks that like LL says literally radiated from it!

hah - me too. God, if I could tell my teenage self the havoc it would wreak on my poor old belly button :D

Advertisement