Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Famous Living Kerry Person

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bersouth wrote: »
    Are the people of South Kerry not entitled to similar service that are freely available elsewhere, in South Kerry they are only playing catchup, and only for Jackie Healy Rae finding himself in a position of influence whether one agrees with it or not the people of South Kerry would still be in the starting blocks. I only wish that we had someone of such influence in our area

I think that with all of the praise that you're lavishing on this character, you must be a very close relative.

I'm glad he's not one of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bersouth

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think that with all of the praise that you're lavishing on this character, you must be a very close relative.

I'm glad he's not one of mine.

Alas my friend I'm not and unfortunatley not even in same constituency but only one mile from South Kerry and the difference is unbelievable and like it or resent it its down to the Healy Raes. Maybe one would cross over to our arrea!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Would have to be Tom Crean, the explorer.

FatRat wrote: »
    Would have to be Tom Crean, the explorer.

There is one sad fact that would exclude Tom Crean from being the most famous living Kerryman, he is dead...

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

I think you will find that the local people elect people to local council to run their local areas.
    County councils are voted to run their county, and national goverment are voted to run the country as a whole.

JHR is acting like a UDC councilor but he is up in the pale !
    While I appreciate there are people saying that’s no way for the country to be run deals with Independent’s to secure a majority, I like to remind people that Deputy Healy Rae was elected by the people of South and West Kerry to represent them and them only, the Government is elected by the members of the Dail to govern to for the people of Ireland, Deputy Jackie Healy Rae needs to make no appoligies to anyone for being focused solely on South and West Kerry for they are the people who gave him the mandate to represent them.

• Advertisement

I think you will find that the local people elect people to local council to run their local areas.
    County councils are voted to run their county, and national goverment are voted to run the country as a whole.

JHR is acting like a UDC councilor but he is up in the pale !

The Pale is the most important part as far as the Dublin Goverment go, there is life after the Red cow roundabout afterall and its nessessary to have the likes of JHR to rremind Goverment of that fact

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The Pale is the most important part as far as the Dublin Goverment go, there is life after the Red cow roundabout afterall and its nessessary to have the likes of JHR to rremind Goverment of that fact

Oh come on Jackie, you're making me nauseous.:eek:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Oh come on Jackie, you're making me nauseous.:eek:
    Only I wish I was Jackie, but fair play to him at 80 and going strong dont see him making a cock up ike FG today and the pairing......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Chiarrai_abu

Tadhg Kennelly I say also.
    I do know that Pat Spillane is up there also as "Bollix" gets him as he said himself with post!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Only I wish I was Jackie, but fair play to him at 80 and going strong dont see him making a cock up ike FG today and the pairing......
    joe higgins, best of the lot, then michael gleeson killarney, brilliant man unselfish,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 kme2108

Is Pierce Brosnan a tralee man ( Brusnan !!)

Advertisement