Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray Dog Portarlington

Options
  • 30-06-2010 4:24pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

The dog pictured below seems to be a stray and is hanging around the Lough Gate Estate. If anyone recognises it or knows the owners please let me know.

attachment.php?attachmentid=118534&stc=1&d=1277911403

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

PM'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

lol had the pleasure of meeting this dog last fri night he took up position on my friends doorstep up in loughgate. Actually had to jump over him to get out of the house! (not so easy with one too many;))

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lilylarkin

Ive just seen this dog on station road portarlington. She appears to be a greyhound mix. Her rib cage is protruding. I fed her from a distance as she was nervous when i approached. Is she a stray? She seemed to have nowhere to go and it was lashing rain. Cud someone tell me if she has an owner. If not why is she left straying for so long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

That dog is around a long time and i see it from time to time in different places in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

That dog is 'cloudy' it was rescued and rehomed a good while back, possibly two years ago. there is a similar dog hanging around super valu at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lilylarkin

yeah this dog is a bitch and is more of a grey white. Funny how 2 similar dogs straying there over the last few years. Is some feckless owner abandoning them? Why isnt the dog warden picking her up? Ive left a message on his fone about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

In fairness the Laois dog warden is pretty good, I've had positive dealings with him in the past. Hopefully the poor dog will get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I help out with the lspca and we have tried on a few occasions to catch this dog and each time have been hounded by one lady who becomes aggressive and makes it difficult.We was asked to leave it in the hands of the warden but he has not been around.

Advertisement