Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's entering best dressed at Pet Expo?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

My dogs made there own. Its called hair:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

We'll be there not sure what our pooch is going as yet, might pick up a baby sized outfit and modify it but will be rummaging through mollys.ie stuff as well. For something cute but practical that we can use again.

The hot dog one is cute esp. for long bodied dogs I love bumble bee outfits as well.

Decisions decisions, looking forward to it should be a good day out.

Might be a safe bet to have 2 costumes handy just in case you clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ginagina

Trying to re create this one but mine looks more like a stuffed sock at this stage. Could be a total disaster, wonder if they have a prize for worst dressed!!!! We'd win!!!

lol it's sweet.
    I have to avoid anything that involve hats because I just know he won't like it but he doesn't mind wearing t-shirts and tops. Actually none of the dogs do which is strange, I think some dogs seem to feel secure or cosy or something with them on even our collie doesn't mind a dog coat on mind you she doesn't need one the amount of hair she has over winter but she hates the rain and have been long toying with the idea of a raincoat for her.

Sure it's just a bit of fun, I wouldn't go as far as putting boots on dogs that's just wrong the poor things can't walk in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

aargh ...it's threads like these that make me lose what little faith I had left in mankindSmileySuicide.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Not something that would appeal to me at all. In fact, it'd make me feel quite uncomfortable. Dressing dogs up to be paraded around for the benefit and amusement of people (and websites selling dog outfits) is just strange.

Will be bringing my dog along this weekend but she'll be wearing her usual brown and white coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I think it's a bit of harmless fun, as long as the dog is comfortable.

. . . but I wouldn't do it myself as it seems a little too Animal Farm . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I have to say I'm actually a bit disappointed that there seem to be so many dressing up competitions at it this year. Last year they said that they were moving away from that kind of thing. But, maybe its what people want, it wasn't that well attended last year, this year there seems to be more interest, I dunno.

Ah for god sake it is just a bit of harmless fun, any dog that doesn't want to wear stuff will let you know in a flash.

Some dogs actually need to wear clothes at certain times of the year esp. ones like our guy who have no undercoat.

Us dog owners do everything for our pets, including having to get up at ridiculous times of the night to tend to their every whim what's wrong with owners doing something for ourselves for a change once a year or once every couple of years.

It's not being cruel and no decent owner would force a dog to do it if they thought their dog wasn't comfortable.

The one I was at last all dogs were comfortable and not stressed and seemed to enjoy the attention, most just had a little t-shirt on.

Think there's a lot worse people do to their dogs in this country, sticking on the odd t-shirt or fancy harness isn't a crime.

Many dog rescues btw have a fancy dress section in their charity shows ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

My old dog used to sleep in my bed but if I stayed up late and she was in the sitting room, she'd get tired and start shivering. So I put an old pyjama top of her, that belonged to my brother when he was three. She loved it and cuddled into it and went to sleep always. :)

But one day, just messing around, I put shorts on her, and she hated that cos she couldn't wag her tail! So I took them off.

I'm sure most dogs don't care that they're wearing clothes at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement