Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salt Emergency

Options
  • 30-06-2010 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I'm making Tomato Sauce for Pasta etc, it was going grand, tasted nice but needed a touch more salt.

I opened the salt containter on the "sprinkle" part, not the pour part, and started shaking it around the pot. Then the whole lid came off. :eek:

It's gone from a lovely tasty, slightly sweet sauce to a salty mess :(

I've thrown a couple of potatoes into it, but it's not making any difference.

Can it be saved?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You'll have to wait until the potatoes are cooked to see how much they've soaked up. If they haven't done the trick you'll have to bin it I'm afraid - think of your arteries ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I would think the only way is to make a few batches out of it - using this sauce as a base. Dilute it out ...

Advertisement