Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using "garmin_rmu_cneunt_2011_10b.exe" a second time

Options
  • 30-06-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

I have a lifetime subscription for my Nuvi 760. I updated it recently with no problems.

My father has a Nuvi 660 with a lifetime subscription but his internet connection is a bit slow. I copied the 3.66 gig "garmin_rmu_cneunt_2011_10b.exe" file on to his PC and went to update it his 660.

I went into his MyGarmin account and the 660 software was updated. I ran the exe file and after a slow decompression and a few confirmations the system started to carry out a major download (518 chunks each running from 0% ..... 100%) I aborted this download as I did not want/need to download all that data again.

I restarted the PC and and ran the exe without logging into MyGarmin. Still no luck .... I had to let the download run it's course which took more than 4 hours!

The strange thing is that I have carried out the update procedure about five times before on different Nuvi devices without having to carry out the the major download a second time. Also, this 518 chunks seem to be new.

So what did I do wrong ?

Advertisement