Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay with law or transfer to english??

• 30-06-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

To be honest law is terrifically boring..is being a lawyer really worth it in the end?? I love everything to do with english. It makes me happy and I know that i would really enjoy my time in college studying it. I would consider becoming a journalist....but I know that law can get me there. On the other hand i would also be interested in becoming a barrister but if its anything like first year law I would hate it.....soo firstly anyone in the legal profession want to share with me if they love their job?? and secondly would an english degree be more beneficial for becoming a journalist or would law be just as good and should i stay to keep my options open (and slowly go insane in the process..) ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Is it possible for you to read through next years course? It might just be that first year is boring basics. If next year looks equally boring, I would switch personally. No sense doing a course you hate for the next 4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Both English and Law are good bases for journalism, tbh ... the one for language skills, the other in that it will help you to understand many potential news stories and be able to write authoritatively about them without having to do masses of research.

I've also though History, Politics and / or Sociology were good foundations for journalism too.

Advertisement