Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent - Do you know a motorbike driver who wears horns on his helmet????

• 30-06-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Trying to get in track down a guy on a motorbike with little information but someone might be able to help!

The bike was a big dark gray sportsbike (Reg was a 00D I think and possibly starting with an 8) and the driver was wearing black, which doesnt help much, but the driver had DEVIL HORNS stuck onto his helmet which might help to narrow it down.

He was travelling along the coast road in Sandymount heading towards Town / the east link.

Any information on identifying this driver would be greatly appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Care to say why ?

I think people would be more forthcoming with info if we knew why

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BrokenSpiral

Hi KTRIC,

The driver of the motorbike was on the wrong side of the road (and I don't mean just overtaking like we do when we have the chance) and nearly crashed into my car and I flashed him.

A few minutes later I heard the roar of a bike behind me and it was him, he sped up to my car smashed my mirror and drove off.

Luckily for me the Gardai think it's incredibly serious (not a 10 euro piece of glass but the fact that someone would follow a car a kilometre down the road to smash up their car) so if I can track him down or get the complete reg then they can go and do what they do!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

So he was on YOUR side of the road, and then doubled back and smashed your mirror off for no apparent reason?

Hmm....

Yeah, as hard to believe as it that someone could be that hot headed as to do that after being flashed for being on the wrong side of the road, that is it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

So - biker was just cruising along on the wrong side of the road, heading directly towards you, and almost hit you?

I find it hard to believe there isn't more to the story - perhaps involving a car driver pulling out onto the road without checking it was clear. Because I find it very hard to believe a guy on a bike would simply merrily cruise along towards a car on the wrong side of the road, surely he was at least overtaking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

perhaps they weren't horns after all and you had an encounter with the Prince of Darkness!

flanders_devil.gif

Hi Mike,

Please don't try to co-opt my thread to make an assumption that I pulled out of a side road or something just to have a go at all the ignorant car drivers out there who dont pay any attention to motorbikes. If you want to have a rant about that pick one of the threads that deals with that.

This is a real incident that happend a couple of hours ago and is EXACTLY as I described it here! That is why it is important to track this lunatic down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

If he WAS in the wrong...he sounds like a right tosser, and the horns are a a bit sad tbh........:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Hi Mike,

Please don't try to co-opt my thread to make an assumption that I pulled out of a side road or something just to have a go at all the ignorant car drivers out there who dont pay any attention to motorbikes. If you want to have a rant about that pick one of the threads that deals with that.

This is a real incident that happend a couple of hours ago and is EXACTLY as I described it here! That is why it is important to track this lunatic down!

Not trying to co-opt your thread, or have a rant - just trying to get a better idea of what you're saying happened.

Story sounds a bit odd is all, he came from behind you, smashed your mirror, then took off in front of you, but you didn't get his reg - he was apparently driving along on the wrong side of the road - was the lane he should have been in empty?

He turns around and follows you for a kilometre - all because you flashed your lights at him? When he was so clearly in the wrong.

Only cases I know of bikers getting angry enough to smash a side mirror (because it's a bloody dangerous thing for them to do, and I wouldn't condone it at all) have involved the car driver doing something that almost killed them, and in most of those cases the driver didn't even see the biker.

And if the story is 100% true and he regularly rides like that, he's an idiot, who will injure himself badly some day.

Update:

Have had a fantastic service from the Gardai and they are pulling the footage from CCTV in the area to get his number plate!

I should also mention the fantastic service I got from Halfords in Carrickmines where I picked up replacement glass for my mirror for 13.99 and all is well again with my motor! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

Update:

Have had a fantastic service from the Gardai and they are pulling the footage from CCTV in the area to get his number plate!

I should also mention the fantastic service I got from Halfords in Carrickmines where I picked up replacement glass for my mirror for 13.99 and all is well again with my motor! :-)
    Fair play to ya. I'm inclined to believe your version of events. Probably because (a) a guy wearing a helmet with horns on it sounds like a t*sser to begin with, (b) even if he had almost been hit, what he did was unacceptable, and (c) I don't find it hard to believe that a biker - with aggression levels suggesting the possibility of him being drunk/on something else - was on the wrong side of the road but then got furious at the 'audacity' of someone beeping/flashing him.

Hope he gets caught - gives the rest of us a bad name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Bikers don't just kick off mirrors for fun, it's usually our polite way of saying to use the ****ing things. And before you say that you couldn't possibly have done anything wrong, any time I've went after a car (and there has been a few) to have a quiet word they are usually completely oblivious to what they have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Bikers don't just kick off mirrors for fun, it's usually our polite way of saying to use the ****ing things. And before you say that you couldn't possibly have done anything wrong, any time I've went after a car (and there has been a few) to have a quiet word they are usually completely oblivious to what they have done.

Keen on perpetuating stereotypes eh. Nothing polite or sensible about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Amalgam wrote: »
    Keen on perpetuating stereotypes eh. Nothing polite or sensible about that.

Nothing polite or sensible about getting mowed down by a car because they didn't use their mirrors. If they aren't going to use them they might aswell not have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Could've been a stupid mainland european or american forgetting their in another country, i'm inclined to think he was american and read one too many hell's angels stories perhaps. But that's just me stereotyping,
    Like so
    Southpark_Fags_3-thumb-415x233-6494.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have an idea who this guy is and I'll be f**ked if I'm shopping him based on the OP's story.

I encounter serious idiots every day on the roads and 90% of the time the cagers are at fault.

BrokenSpiral, I think you'll find you're not going to get any help here to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

phah.... I'd say the biker was barley over the white line - and i'd say you drive a jeep - jeeps are the only tossers who dont like bikers sitting on a white line - you kept your line instead of moving over a little and nearly hit him....

then he was so pi$$ed that you tried to take his life he doubled back and reminded you that he wants to bite your head off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

sounds very plausible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

There are idiots all over the roads, OP. If we believe you, then he's the idiot. It's not impossible that you're the idiot here. It's not impossible that you both were idiots to different extents.

Why don't you just get on with your life, eh?

cantdecide wrote: »
    There are idiots all over the roads, OP. If we believe you, then he's the idiot. It's not impossible that you're the idiot here. It's not impossible that you both were idiots to different extents.

Why don't you just get on with your life, eh?

13.99 and he's crying... jayzuz...

Some kid jumped on my bike when it was parked up a few years ago and done 200 quid worth of damage cause he used the fairing as a grab rail!!! I didn't run to no coppers - take it as experience..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Nothing polite or sensible about getting mowed down by a car because they didn't use their mirrors. If they aren't going to use them they might aswell not have them.

Riding on the wrong side of the road is neither polite, sensible, nor frankly, safe. Fine if you don't give a toss about your own life, but don't go taking anyone else's whilst you're at it.......

Actually, riding on the wrong side of the road makes you a tosser of the highest order.

...And, last time I checked, you only use mirrors for traffic coming from behind, not oncoming traffic, no matter what lane you're in.....

I don't know why people are taking an affront to the OP's call for help - there is nothing here to suggest that his post is anything other than legit. And I say this as a biker, btw, a h-d one, even.........so I know both sides.

I've even been assaulted by a car driver, who got out of his car, in traffic, when he took umbrage at being overtaken by a Vespa.....

Irrespective of why, assault is assault, and he should be shopped. End of.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    I don't know why people are taking an affront to the OP's call for help - there is nothing here to suggest that his post is anything other than legit. And I say this as a biker, btw, a h-d one, even.........so I know both sides.

But what possible reason is there for the bike to be on the wrong side of the road... just smells fishy to me... why - unless he wanted to die would he put him self in the line of another car..?

jameshayes wrote: »
    But what possible reason is there for the bike to be on the wrong side of the road... just smells fishy to me... why - unless he wanted to die would he put him self in the line of another car..?

+1

OP could very well be telling the truth, just doesn't add up for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

KamiKazi wrote: »
    +1

OP could very well be telling the truth, just doesn't add up for me.

Picture the scene. Biker goes to overtake, pulls out. A car a good bit off in the distance starts flashing high beams because the biker is on their side of the road and they are incapable of judging distances and speeds. So he completes the maneuver, gets flashed/blinded again by the car driver for good measure as he goes by and gets pissed off.

Then you have a biker who was being blinded during a overtake turning around and going after the car. The prick part comes in with the smashing of the mirror and riding off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

no matter what happened.. it doesn't justify causing criminal damage

pa990 wrote: »
    no matter what happened.. it doesn't justify causing criminal damage

Let's not open that can of worms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

galwaytt wrote: »
    Irrespective of why, assault is assault, and he should be shopped. End of.

There's a Corsa in Cork lucky to have it's mirror this morning. It was pissing rain and I was driving my brother's new bike back from Limerick. I was following maybe 40' behind said Corsa and we bumbled through Cork and out onto the dual carriageway.

The car was just dawdling along so after he negotiated the ramp onto the dual carriageway and I followed, I decided to change lane and overtake. I had fallen behind and actually was a good distance behind at this stage. I revved her up through the gears, changed lane and was doing about 100km to his 60km.

There wasn't a single vehicle in sight in any direction. There wasn't a RH junction. There was absolutely nothing only me and him and I was about to clip past him.

On comes his indicator and for reasons known only to himself, he changed lanes and I nearly rear ended him. I have no idea how I missed him.

Now I was bloody tempted to react but I didn't. Well, I just held my arm out to say 'WTF are you doing?'.

Having said that, if I were the Corsa driver and I had my mirror removed and I was conveying the story to someone, I'd almost expect to be told 'well you deserved that- why don't you use your mirrors in future'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Criminal damage is criminal damage no matter if there was justification or not.

If you drive around with horns on your helmet I think this says a lot about the person........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

celticbest wrote: »
    Criminal damage is criminal damage no matter if there was justification or not.

If you drive around with horns on your helmet I think this says a lot about the person........

i used to have little horns on my helmet

it said i found some women liked lads with horny helmets

• Advertisement

Wow.... some of the ignorance in this thread is astounding. Trying to justify someone smashing a mirror is ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement