Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

sniper ghost warrior

• 30-06-2010 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

anybody here anything about this coming out in ireland.looks like its going to be legendary:D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

amaughan wrote: »
    anybody here anything about this coming out in ireland.looks like its going to be legendary:D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D
    i wouldnt be rushing out to buy this if i was you - guy i know reviews games and he says its horrible to play glitchy as hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

do you know if its out?iv heard that but iv been waitin my whole life for a dedicated sniper game so i have to play it ha.thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

do you know if its out?iv heard that but iv been waitin my whole life for a dedicated sniper game so i have to play it ha.thanks for the reply

The demo was pretty bad and there was very little sniper action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Mataguri wrote: »

Not a good sign in a game with sniper in the title

Mataguri wrote: »
    where can i get the demo for the xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

where can i get the demo for the xbox

If there is one the Xbox Live Marketplace. I played the PC demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got this lots of action in it its not just all single shots. Very difficult to sneak around without getting caught some glitches like when you lie down you go into the rocks but this happens in lots of games and isnt a major issue.

Graphics are really good.

Enjoying it but a real sniper game dont be expecting MW2.

I got this lots of action in it its not just all single shots. Very difficult to sneak around without getting caught some glitches like when you lie down you go into the rocks but this happens in lots of games and isnt a major issue.

Graphics are really good.

Enjoying it but a real sniper game dont be expecting MW2.

im counting on that.when is it out to buy

im counting on that.when is it out to buy

Its out already came out last Friday. 39.99 in HMV. Fairly cheap.

It mixes it up a bit as well in a few missions you play different characters for a bit you snipe then it changes to a full on assault then it swaps back to the sniping the cover the guys who are assaulting an oil rig for example.

Just breaks up the tense sniping missions enough.

Lots of problems with the game and bugs but im really enjoying it despite this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Terrible game this, broken in many many ways. The Eurogamer review sums it up rather nicely.... 2 out of 10 they gave it. I played it for 20 minutes before i got really annoyed and gave up.

S.H.I.T.E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I think it's only €34.99 new in Gamestop, which should also set the alarm bells ringing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's made by City Interactive who make cheap budget games on licensed engines, so whilst they always look pretty good, they play pretty poorly. Crap scripting, characters, voice acting, direction, plot, gameplay, mechanics. Don't think they've released a console game until now but they've released rakes of PC titles, several of which are sniper games, and none of which are particularly good.

Terrible game this, broken in many many ways. The Eurogamer review sums it up rather nicely.... 2 out of 10 they gave it. I played it for 20 minutes before i got really annoyed and gave up.

S.H.I.T.E

Yea but that idiot claimed things like the enemy didnt show up on his map as a bad point!! Why would you even want that? the whole point of the game is for you to find the enemy not to have it all dished up to you.

He also mentioned that the enemy could see you ! as a bad point. then he mentioned that the game turns into a normal shooter and you get stuck with the wrong kind of gun. This just shows he is playing it wrong ive played a few hours now and its only when you mess up do you get into this situation. which is the situation a normal sniper would find him self in if he is found out.

the game has many faults? No it has only a hand full the main one is you get stuck in the ground quite a lot when crouched and since its a sniping game you are crouched fairly often. But to give it 2 is just retarded its a 6 or 7.

Its funny you would play a sniping game for only 20mins i spent 20 mins just scoping out the first mission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Yea but that idiot claimed things like the enemy didnt show up on his map as a bad point!! Why would you even want that? the whole point of the game is for you to find the enemy not to have it all dished up to you.

He also mentioned that the enemy could see you ! as a bad point. then he mentioned that the game turns into a normal shooter and you get stuck with the wrong kind of gun. This just shows he is playing it wrong ive played a few hours now and its only when you mess up do you get into this situation. which is the situation a normal sniper would find him self in if he is found out.

the game has many faults? No it has only a hand full the main one is you get stuck in the ground quite a lot when crouched and since its a sniping game you are crouched fairly often. But to give it 2 is just retarded its a 6 or 7.

Well, he also said the frame rate is muck (it is) amongst other criticisms.

The AI is as thick as a post. You can't walk over rocks that are a foot high, you get spotted even though you're flat on the floor and 100 yards away wearing full camoflage. It's retarded.
    Its funny you would play a sniping game for only 20mins i spent 20 mins just scoping out the first mission.

20 minutes was enough to see how crappy it was. Are you saying i should have played it for 12 hours to make a decision?

Well, he also said the frame rate is muck (it is) amongst other criticisms.

The AI is as thick as a post. You can't walk over rocks that are a foot high, you get spotted even though you're flat on the floor and 100 yards away wearing full camoflage. It's retarded.

20 minutes was enough to see how crappy it was. Are you saying i should have played it for 12 hours to make a decision?

Its camouflage not an invisibility cloak.

Im just playing the night missions now they are very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

So should I or shouldnt I?

So should I or shouldnt I?

Thats up to you really i find it difficult and challenging and im enjoying it. The early missions have some glitches if you go off the beaten path. Other dont like it but its one of those kind of games if played right it works if played like a FPS like the guy from Euro gamer did then it wont be any good as you are a sniper trying to attack people ALA MW2 style.

Advertisement