Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop help

• 30-06-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭

I was thinking of buying a laptop.I was just wondering where would be the best and cheapest place to buy one be ?? I have a bout €300. I need the laptop to be able to run programs like photoshop...but thats as extreme as they will be getting ...any ideas appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

trepasers wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying a laptop.I was just wondering where would be the best and cheapest place to buy one be ?? I have a bout €300. I need the laptop to be able to run programs like photoshop...but thats as extreme as they will be getting ...any ideas appreciated

not helpful I know but you do need something half decent for PS especially if rendering large images.. were you thinking new or second hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

With photoshop, you would really want a laptop with a seperate graphics card.
    this would probably do it, but nearly x2 your budget!
    http://ireland.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/minicat/services_N0056405_basket_hdp?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

I dont mind new or second hand..once its half decent..Ya I know ps is a fairly large program..I do photography as a hobby.. I started a new job and it involves alot of sitting around so I thought if I got a laptop like everyone else it might help me pass the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Look on adverts ie ,theres laptops for sale, be wary re laptop battery times if you want to use it for 2 hours on one battery charge,its hard to test if you are buying secondhand.i think you can get single cpu laptops centrino cpu,around 350euro, not sure if they would run photoshop at a usuable speed ,though.

Advertisement