Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College and Maths!

• 30-06-2010 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

So guys just finished the LC and today I'm attempting to sort out my CAO.

After med and all that jazz I have medicinal chemistry and I'm just wondering, after me being strong at ordinary level maths and fine but not excellent at higher level LC maths, how would I fare in my first year? After first year I can drop it but I'd hate to think I'd struggle through it?

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

I don't know about the other colleges but in UCD, the maths difficulty was just fine. Just basic matrices and vectors. Didn't struggle with it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Longest LC on earth...what were you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Longest LC? Was that for me?

Thanks pathway33, just had a look and theres things I definately recognize anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

aine92 wrote: »
    Longest LC? Was that for me?

Thanks pathway33, just had a look and theres things I definately recognize anyway!

Yeah! Didn't realize the LC was still going on, what was on today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Maths in UCD science is fine, but you'll need to keep up the work, cramming it isn't really an option :(

A lesson I learned the hard and expensive way >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Just finished maths in TCD, and while that sort o maths was crazy and ridiculous, the maths in med chem should be fine. Fine but not excellent at LC maths would set ya up grand. Its more the amount of work ya put in once ya get there really.

I don't know who ya would be in with (most probably other 1st year science, if so their maths is ok afaik), probably a big class, but the tutorials would be smaller, and if you go to these, ask questions about stuff you don't understand, then you'll have no problem.

However this is the real world so you'll probably end up having way too much fun in college to go to crappy maths tutorials, will cram a load at the end, and scrape through, everything works out well in the end.

Advertisement