Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia Bluetooth and I phone

• 30-06-2010 7:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Just bought a 2nd hand car with a nokia bluetooth installed, I have an I phone, will this work on the Bluetooth?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Yup. Bluetooth is a standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Yea the two just need to be paired. I'm using a Bluetooth nokia with the iPhone and it works great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Yup. Bluetooth is a standard.

I've always assumed the same but some phones won't connect to some bluetooth systems (generally standard fit systems in cars).

Also I got a car with a nokia bluetooth system, make sure you get the code if there is one. If they don't have one it is generally 0000 or 1234. If not I believe it can be reset anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I have a nokia phone kit working in my car with my iphone 2g. No problems, after it was paired it connects automatically and if wired correctly the radio should mute when a calls come in.

Sometime the people on the other end complain of an echo but that might be from the speakers and mic to close together.

Get the manual for you kit off the nokia website and it will have the code needed to pair the devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

All bluetooth kits and headsets will connect to all bluetooth phones. Occassionally some functionality won't be there like voice dialing/phone book, but they will at the very least pair and make calls. If for some reason a user experienced difficulty, that's because the pairing process can be confusing on some devices (ie - the handsfree has a maximum of 4 pairable devices, 4 have already been paired so one will need to be deleted), but they will always work.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Thanks lads got it sorted

Advertisement