Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

random question, for some reason in my pre-match advice meeting, i no longer get advice about what tempo to play at, what tactics to use etc.

the only thing I get is who to tackle hard, and if my team are stronger/faster etc.

Ive brought in and fired a few scouts, so im wondering if thats changed whatever setup I used to have in previous games, any advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

LanceStorm wrote: »
    random question, for some reason in my pre-match advice meeting, i no longer get advice about what tempo to play at, what tactics to use etc.

the only thing I get is who to tackle hard, and if my team are stronger/faster etc.

Ive brought in and fired a few scouts, so im wondering if thats changed whatever setup I used to have in previous games, any advice!!

It's probably the case that you got rid of the scout whose job it was to "scout next opponent."

So you'll need to assign that task to one of your scouts and the problem should right itself again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've experienced 2 crash dumps over the last couple of days.:mad:

The 3 in total i've had so far seem to always occur when a match is being played and the score goes to 2-2. It does'nt happen everytime i get a 2-2 scoreline during the match but when i do get a crash dump this seems to the scoreline in the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm yet to experience one of these crash dumps :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Blowfish wrote: »
    Staff!

Also a thread on attributes (player, coach, mental and personal) and how to get the best use of them would be handy. It could even be stickied as it doesn't usually change between versions.

Well attributes could be just dicussed in the Players/Staff thread. Hopefully when people mention a player they might add what position and role he played to make them effective.

Will add a few threads tonight and get them stickied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Won the Russian premier league with zenit but was inexplicably beaten in the cup final :mad:

and now into the next season, with the same team, same tactics NOTHING is going right! shipping goals left, right and centre with the same defence which was outstanding the previous year- time to move on from the club now i feel- my rep is continental but ive heard its more difficult to get jobs this year. the panathanaikos job is free and the chairman of that club has said i would be an ideal candidate. the plan is to do 1 to 2 seasons in a bunch of countries

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Memnoch wrote: »
    It's probably the case that you got rid of the scout whose job it was to "scout next opponent."

So you'll need to assign that task to one of your scouts and the problem should right itself again.

have tried that alright, even went as far as putting 2 scouts with the highest tactical ability to scout next opponent, but between them they cant seem to tell me what I used to be told... the mystery continues...!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

So wait,

This forum is unmoderated...

We can do what we want!

I vote R H C P as our FM overlord.

But back to FM11 news

Had a lie in on saturday and when i woke up to play the game, My fianceé had decided she wanted to take control of a team and landed on Waterford Utd,

Now this is a girl who asks which team are Man Utd and why is he playing followed by i like him, why he's hot. So i let her go about it and she's watched me play it for a few years now. So she has a basic grasp of the game as is.

So far she's in March after going through her pre season sorting out tactics.

With no help from me she has chosen a 4-3-1-2 formation with a 3 cms and is tearing up the league having only drawn 1 match and won the rest...

She's doing better than me at the moment.

I'm scared

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

allanb49 wrote: »
    So wait,

We can do what we want!

But back to FM11 news

Had a lie in on saturday and when i woke up to play the game, My fianceé had decided she wanted to take control of a team and landed on Waterford Utd,

Now this is a girl who asks which team are Man Utd and why is he playing followed by i like him, why he's hot. So i let her go about it and she's watched me play it for a few years now. So she has a basic grasp of the game as is.

So far she's in March after going through her pre season sorting out tactics.

With no help from me she has chosen a 4-3-1-2 formation with a 3 cms and is tearing up the league having only drawn 1 match and won the rest...

She's doing better than me at the moment.

I'm scared

looollll...

u have to get married to that girl... if u wont, i will... heheheheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Now this is a girl who asks which team are Man Utd and why is he playing followed by i like him, why he's hot.

A bit offtopic but,
    We have a fantasy football league in work. One girl selected players and picked the best looking.

She has more points then most of us :o
    And we check recent form and injury updates constantly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Dates set for next year at the moment she's playing

- football manager
    - Fallout new vegas
    - Assassins Creed 2
    - Mass Effect 2
    - Dragon Age

I'm tidying up and doing the cooking, wonder if theres a support line for men who have been neglected due to football manager....

Dates set for next year at the moment she's playing

- football manager
    - Fallout new vegas
    - Assassins Creed 2
    - Mass Effect 2
    - Dragon Age

I'm tidying up and doing the cooking, wonder if theres a support line for men who have been neglected due to football manager....

its ur fault, u let her playin it, now u suffer... hehehehhee:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

I'd go for mod! Big footie manager player......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Dying to start with pats...going to sign all me mates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

25th June 2012

"Steve Finnan has been named new Ireland Coach..........."

I think i picked up a faulty copy of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

MrStuffins wrote: »
    25th June 2012

"Steve Finnan has been named new Ireland Coach..........."

I think i picked up a faulty copy of the game!

Not as faulty as mine, Roy Keane just got the nod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Dempsey wrote: »
    Not as faulty as mine, Roy Keane just got the nod

Happened in mine too.

:pac:

Don Givens got the job when Trap retired in mine. Thankfully he retired in the following season and now Owen Coyle is the ireland boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Is their even a mod for this forum anymore? haha

Ideas for certain threads;

Tactics, (share tactics you use)
    Snapshot of your Story (Speaks for itself.)
    DOWNLOADS (Stuff like facepacks, logos, kits, updates etc.)
    Players (Recommend players to sign, wonderkids to world class)
    Challenges (We can make seperate threads for different challenges)
    FM Live (General discussion and organising online games)
    Previous FM Games discussion (from the first FM to 2010)
    And maybe a championship manager thread if we're feeling generous :P (does anyone play it anymore? lol)

Anymore we are missing or could add?

It's a great idea alright. A few of us tried it about a year ago though and it kind of just fell by the way side. I'll get in touch with T4TF now about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Frisbee wrote: »
    It's a great idea alright. A few of us tried it about a year ago though and it kind of just fell by the way side. I'll get in touch with T4TF now about it.

Was already talking to him, got him to stick the two new replacement threads and remove the older ones!
    He said pretty much that its up to us the users to run the forum. (Like put forward the ideas etc.

What else could be we do? Maybe make a sig to promote the forum? As said by another user their has to be way more playing this game on here that dont know this forum even exists lol :pac:
    So wait,

We can do what we want!

Well their are mod's but this place is so trouble free lol.

I accept the overlord status tho, so all bow down before me

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1H-ny1S9pRs/SUFJ7uf4mlI/AAAAAAAAAIU/grTefNskxTI/s400/hitler-picachu.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Was already talking to him, got him to stick the two new replacement threads and remove the older ones!
    He said pretty much that its up to us the users to run the forum. (Like put forward the ideas etc.

What else could be we do? Maybe make a sig to promote the forum? As said by another user their has to be way more playing this game on here that dont know this forum even exists lol :pac:

Yeah just seen that after I PM'd him. I think the idea of different threads for different topics such as Bargain Buys/Wonderkids/Tactics/Stories etc will work well as it does on plenty of dedicated FM forums.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

We need a challenge thread. One that focuses on short term goals would be great to keep people interested.

This site is good for FM challenges. http://www.playfootballmanager.com/

We could take a few from there. We could maybe have loads of challenges with points for completing each challenge. The harder the challenge the higher the points. A screenshot could be required as proof and we could maybe have a league table of the participants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Hey guys where is the cheapest place to get the game in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Excellent idea Pablo! Though I don't think there should be as many challenges as there are on that site. Also, I'd prefer if the majority of the challenges were based on your management skill, etc. For example, one I saw on the site was 'Win a cup by winning every round on penalties.' It's grand to have the odd few 'bonus' challenges, but I think they should mostly be skill based.

I think we should start the Challenges League, along with a Network Game after Christmas, as there will be a lot of people getting Football Manager then. (Me! :pac:)Until then, we could sort out all the logistics, spruce up the forum, and attract more people to the forum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Tempting me back to it with all this talk goin on here,gotton it every year for the last 10 or 11 years but have resisted this year..
    Still have 08 and 10 on the laptop here.

Rafa Benitez just got the England Job, ROFL!

EDIT

Just signed Jack Wilshere for €6M, without any competition from anyone!! He didnt ask for a mad contract either. Not complaining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dempsey wrote: »
    Rafa Benitez just got the England Job, ROFL!

EDIT

Just signed Jack Wilshere for €6M, without any competition from anyone!! He didnt ask for a mad contract either. Not complaining!!

Im my game, Benitez took a new job in January 2011............ at Liverpool :eek:

Also, I tried to sign Wiltshire for months with no joy, offered big money left right and centre! No dice.

Then a few weeks later, Arsenal offer him to me for €5.5m........ very strange! I snapped him up!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Im my game, Benitez took a new job in January 2011............ at Liverpool :eek:

Also, I tried to sign Wiltshire for months with no joy, offered big money left right and centre! No dice.

Then a few weeks later, Arsenal offer him to me for €5.5m........ very strange! I snapped him up!

Wenger went to Milan last season in my game and Arsenal seemed to have changed their transfer policy, with the likes of Ramsey (still monitoring him despite signing a new deal), Gibbs, Djourou, Diaby, Traore, Lansbury left rotting the reserves.

Wilshere missed the u19 international tournament squad and went on the transfer list soon after. I snapped him up before he changed his mind. He's now playing in the Olympics for England which is strange. Is he making the u23 squad just because he signed for me?

• Advertisement

i dont like the thing that u can buy good players for cheap...
    hamsik to bayern for 8.5
    isla for 6.5 to bayern
    criscito 8.65 to real madrid
    dzeko for 25m to man city

Advertisement