Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Gardner

guys

downloaded fm 2011 off steam and i cant get the thing to work! id give anyone 50 quid if they did it! i have steam downloaded and when i go to the fm2011 link it is working away but it cannot come up on the screen, its hidden somwhere,when you click it again it says its already running!

what do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Gardner wrote: »
    guys

downloaded fm 2011 off steam and i cant get the thing to work! id give anyone 50 quid if they did it! i have steam downloaded and when i go to the fm2011 link it is working away but it cannot come up on the screen, its hidden somwhere,when you click it again it says its already running!

what do ye think?

I have the last 3 versions of FM through steam and had no problems running the game.

You running firewalls/peerblock?

Is your graphics driver up to date/is your graphics card able for the game?

What OS are you running?

I'm guessing that you only have steam for FM, more info you can give me, the more I can help out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

guys

what do ye think?

So the game is running but nothings coming up?

Open task manager (ctrl+alt+delete), check is it running if so double click it from that. If nothing still I would reinstall it.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I have the last 3 versions of FM through steam and had no problems running the game.

You running firewalls/peerblock?

Is your graphics driver up to date/is your graphics card able for the game?

What OS are you running?

I'm guessing that you only have steam for FM, more info you can give me, the more I can help out

just turned off my firewall there and its still not running!

i check my computer with this website and it cleared

www.systemrequirementslab.com

my notebook is a samsung nc10

dont know nothing about graphics card or anything been honest!

what do u mean by os? if i think what you mean is windows xp

what more info mate do you need! im in oz in Port Hedland with work, working in the desert and football manager hopefully will pass a few hours when im in camp! need to get back to the good auld days and bring waterford united to the top of the champions league :D

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    So the game is running but nothings coming up?

Open task manager (ctrl+alt+delete), check is it running if so double click it from that. If nothing still I would reinstall it.

yeah done this. its not showing in the applications but its showing in the processes, both fm manager and steam

• Advertisement

just turned off my firewall there and its still not running!

i check my computer with this website and it cleared

www.systemrequirementslab.com

my notebook is a samsung nc10

dont know nothing about graphics card or anything been honest!

what do u mean by os? if i think what you mean is windows xp

what more info mate do you need! im in oz in Port Hedland with work, working in the desert and football manager hopefully will pass a few hours when im in camp! need to get back to the good auld days and bring waterford united to the top of the champions league :D

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/samsung-nc10.aspx

is this your notebook?

Your graphics chip isnt able for the game....sorry. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/samsung-nc10.aspx

is this your notebook?

Your graphics chip isnt able for the game....sorry. I hope I'm wrong.

thats my one! balls to that! looks like im off to buy a new notebook by the looks of it!

what graphics card do i need so i know im not caught again

thats my one! balls to that! looks like im off to buy a new notebook by the looks of it!

what graphics card do i need so i know im not caught again

Those notebooks have poor processors and ram for a game like FM. They are suited to internet browsing and no more imo. FM is a hard game on hardware if you want your game to be detailed. How much are you willing to spend on a laptop?

Those notebooks have poor processors and ram for a game like FM. They are suited to internet browsing and no more imo. FM is a hard game on hardware if you want your game to be detailed. How much are you willing to spend on a laptop?

ah sure i will pick something up on dell here in OZ prob spend about $700 if needed! was thinking about getting a laptop anyway because play a bit of poker online and the notebook is pretty basic for it!

ah sure i will pick something up on dell here in OZ prob spend about $700 if needed! was thinking about getting a laptop anyway because play a bit of poker online and the notebook is pretty basic for it!

If you felt it was basic for poker, god knows how you thought FM would run!

Without researching this

You'll probably have to buy Windows 7(Good thing)

Look for a Intel CPU - Core 2 Duo or even better the Core i3 or i5
    RAM - Minimum 2Gb, ideally 4Gb
    GFX - 256Mb Integrated or preferably a dedicated GFX chip

Those are the main things for FM imo

• Advertisement

Without researching this

good man sound for the advice! cheers!!

good man sound for the advice! cheers!!

Thats a rough guide, before you buy, post back, there is plenty of peeps that will make sure you are getting the best value for your money. Do not not listen to the idiot in the shop!

At the moment I dont recommend Dell because ever since the limerick plant went bust, the quality control to Ireland has been muck. Several people have come to me with things that can only be described as faulty during manufacture. That is probably different where you are.

Thursday, got a call from a friend about laptops. I was put on the spot and given vague specs. She asked about Celerons, i told her avoid like the plague (not doubt the prices looked good). But she was looking at an AMD despite my recommendation to get an Intel. She tells me that its for her parents and its a good price. I hear some good spec but not clear on the actual CPU. She asks the shop assistant then says to me "Z series", I ask her to repeat what he said to her, yep z series was this experts response....

She was kinda dead set on this laptop before she rang me, so basically all she wanted to know that it would do what was expected of it. But "Z series", I nearly wanted to drive to limerick to quiz this jackass!

/rant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Without researching this

Is there any chance you could get a laptop, even one of those tiny laptops, with all those specs for €400 max?

Is there any chance you could get a laptop, even one of those tiny laptops, with all those specs for €400 max?

I doubt it very much

Also, I'm trying to install the FM 2011 demo on my laptop, and I keep getting the message "Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported - Unable to load and prepare the installer in GUI mode."

Any ideas?

Also, I'm trying to install the FM 2011 demo on my laptop, and I keep getting the message "Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported - Unable to load and prepare the installer in GUI mode."

Any ideas?

Did a quick google of SI forums
    Usually caused by having special characters in your windows user name - try making a new profile and see if it will install from there

Try following that advice

Did a quick google of SI forums

Try following that advice

Cheers! That would sound about right as I have an "!" in my name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Voltwad wrote: »
    Finally got a game of this going. I've gone with Ashton United.

I've managed to bring in some decent players including experienced set piece magician Darren Barnard. Should have enough to stay around mid-table and build for a bright future at Hurst Cross :)

Dafuge's challenge by the way.

Here man, here's a manager pic for you :)

D442EEC86D3C463F9C7622AB05A7957A-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Funny story actually, last year when I was getting my Season Ticket renewed at the rovers club office, the staff made me swear that I wasn't him :pac:

Just got offered the Australia job, whilst still being manager of St Pats :D

Accepted it for the banter :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

quit zenit as i wanted a new challenge- offered Az, blackburn, newcastle and bordeaux jobs. Joined shahktar as they offered a 70 million transfer kitty.

First signing- Marek Hamsik from Napoli for 20mil- 10 goals and 8 assists in 13 games

quit zenit as i wanted a new challenge- offered Az, blackburn, newcastle and bordeaux jobs. Joined shahktar as they offered a 70 million transfer kitty.

First signing- Marek Hamsik from Napoli for 20mil- 10 goals and 8 assists in 13 games

If you waited you could have gotten him for €7.25M :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Does anyone play this game using Windows XP x64?

Need to make sure it will work before buying it.

Thanks.

However i got an agent offering a brazilian striker called Cristiano and when i saw his stats i thought i had to sign him. I got him for 6k off a Maltese team and he was unbelievable all season. His goals were valuable this season and he played a big part in our success this season.

Cristiano

Just signed this geezer with Pats. I've two Brazilian strikers now, Nei and Cristiano. Epic. :D

byte wrote: »
    Does anyone play this game using Windows XP x64?

Need to make sure it will work before buying it.

Thanks.

I used Windows 7 64 bit with FM09, FM10 & F11 through steam just there now, no issues. Dont think there is any issues with any OS's

markesmith wrote: »
    Been managing AFC Telford for the past two-and-a-quarter seasons. Concurrent promotions from BSN and BSP have put me in League 2. With 10 games onto the season I'm 5th, having promised the board I'd avoid relegation. Currently beating Bournermouth 3-0 at home.

Kind of waiting for a Championship-level job to come in...can't pay coaches more than £350 a week, just gone professional...

Still, consecutive promotions - :cool:

Give us a few screenshots and post it up here! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Must post my updates as soon as I get playing big time again! Damn you black ops.

Some great snapshots so far, keep em coming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Just signed this geezer with Pats. I've two Brazilian strikers now, Nei and Cristiano. Epic. :D

Did he work out to be a good signing for you as well?

Did he work out to be a good signing for you as well?

Indeed. Unbelievable tbh. 18 goals in 13 games so far, and an average rating of 8.28!!!

• Advertisement

No it's the young irish keeper who signed for Rangers recently.

Not as exciting as I had thought so :pac:

Advertisement