Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've given up playing until I get my new laptop for Christmas. No point in starting a league with only a few leagues when I can start a game in 3 weeks and use loads of leagues :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just thought I'd give those of you that haven't bought the game yet (like me :o) a heads up that you can get it for £14.99 from HMV... link. Not sure what delivery costs are though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd give those of you that haven't bought the game yet (like me :o) a heads up that you can get it for £14.99 from HMV... link. Not sure what delivery costs are though

£17.99 on Amazon, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

£17.99 on Amazon, I believe.

Why would anyone want to buy it from amazon when its £3 dearer then hmv and hmv have free delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

danwhite88 wrote: »
    hmv have free delivery?
    No they don't, it's £2.50 per item and delivery takes far longer than amazon.

• Advertisement

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to buy it from amazon when its £3 dearer then hmv and hmv have free delivery?

I was letting people know! What's your problem?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just got promoted to mod, well chuffed :) Will be helping T4TF with this forum.
    So dudes/dudettes, With your help we can try n' get this place more organised and more efficient.
    Still getting used to mod features n'all that, so after I have read up on everything I will start doing some work here! :)

Dave.

Edit - Thread title changed.

This thread is now for general discussion, if you want to post a snapshot of your story follow this link to speciefic thread (likewise for other topics where we have threads provided)

Snapshot of Your Story

Player Recommendations

Tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Lads just wondering is Raheem Sterling in the Game?? He is a liverpool Youth player.

Ive been managing Liverpool and im into my second season, but i havnt seen him in the Youth team or reserves and when i search for him he doesnt come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Lads just wondering is Raheem Sterling in the Game?? He is a liverpool Youth player.

Ive been managing Liverpool and im into my second season, but i havnt seen him in the Youth team or reserves and when i search for him he doesnt come up.

Any real player thats u16 is not included for legal reasons AFAIK

Congratulations R_H_C_P! I'm sure you'll do a great job...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Congrats R_H_C_P!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Have this game now for the best part of three weeks but just cant get into it like I did with the champ managers of old.

Last football manager I played and was addicted to was fm2007. Since then ive found them to be VERY hard get into.

Say I create a tactic, will do well for the first maybe 5 games then say I could beat Chelsea 2-0 only to play wolves at home and not even manage a goal against them.

For those of you who are doing well are you constantly changing settings and sliders for every game and formations, or can you find a formation and adjust the sliders accordingly to find a nice balance and leave it like that for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

joe123 wrote: »
    For those of you who are doing well are you constantly changing settings and sliders for every game and formations, or can you find a formation and adjust the sliders accordingly to find a nice balance and leave it like that for the rest of the season?
    Your staff usually say the next team does badly against this formation, this width, this tempo etc. I just do what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

joe123 wrote: »
    Have this game now for the best part of three weeks but just cant get into it like I did with the champ managers of old.

Last football manager I played and was addicted to was fm2007. Since then ive found them to be VERY hard get into.

Say I create a tactic, will do well for the first maybe 5 games then say I could beat Chelsea 2-0 only to play wolves at home and not even manage a goal against them.

I set up 3 reasonably different tactics in the match preparation thingy and use one of those based on the match itself (home/away, team I'm playing against, players I have available etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Is the "Qualify for the World Cup" achievement bugged or something in FM11? Seems no one has actually unlocked it...

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/FootballManager2011/achievements

Right down the bottom, same with "Qualify for International Competition".

Would 3GBs of RAM be enough to run this game well on a laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yes, that's more then enough

Yes, that's more then enough

Cheers! I'm going to get my laptop tomorrow, and I've ordered Football Manager 2011 from Amazon. I can't wait. :pac:

Pity I won't get them until the 25th. 11 days to go... ;)

Cheers! I'm going to get my laptop tomorrow, and I've ordered Football Manager 2011 from Amazon. I can't wait. :pac:

Pity I won't get them until the 25th. 11 days to go... ;)

You're lucky, you'll be able to play the game minus a gazillion bugs and flaws as 11.2 patch will be out before then and hopefully alot of unrealistic stuff will be sorted.

Have the patches downloaded and ready to be installed before starting your first game.

You could download the facepacks and other mods that make playing the game more enjoyable too. The christmas dinner could even be left in the microwave! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Dempsey wrote: »
    You're lucky, you'll be able to play the game minus a gazillion bugs and flaws as 11.2 patch will be out before then and hopefully alot of unrealistic stuff will be sorted.

Are the bugs really bad? I just got it the other day but haven't patched it or anything

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Are the bugs really bad? I just got it the other day but haven't patched it or anything

Its Sept 2013 in my game and a 27 year old Edin Dzeko is a free agent and no other club is looking at him. I could sign him but I dont want to take advantage of this flaw and the game is littered with this type of scenario plus all you have to do to sign a player is put him on your shortlist and wait for the inevitable blowout between him and management and sign him for a fraction of what you are suppose to.

I remember these type of bugs on FM10 with Adler and Akinfeev, looks like the changes in the transfer system has made them widespread.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Its Sept 2013 in my game and a 27 year old Edin Dzeko is a free agent and no other club is looking at him. I could sign him but I dont want to take advantage of this flaw and the game is littered with this type of scenario plus all you have to do to sign a player is put him on your shortlist and wait for the inevitable blowout between him and management and sign him for a fraction of what you are suppose to.

I remember these type of bugs on FM10 with Adler and Akinfeev, looks like the changes in the transfer system has made them widespread.

i love these flaws!!

I have always found it ridiculously hard to try and sign high profile players in previous FM games, so Ive found it very enjoyable this year to be able to unsettle players and get them for realistic prices, or to have players not want to re-sign with their clubs and being put on the market!!

I dont want them to patch it!!

Picked up my laptop today. 3GB HP laptop, Intel Premium Processor or something (the two star one), for €480. I wanted a 4GB Dell for €530, but I couldn't afford it.

It'll be harder now knowing my laptop is hidden away in my house somewhere. Also, I don't think I'll be getting FM11 until the 28th. I can always download the demo... :rolleyes:

With Steam, you can download it right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Ordered a Dell laptop yesterday. I was hoping to have it before Christmas but I think I forgot to select pre-Christmas delivery :( (It said yesterday was the last day to order and receive it on 23rd of Dec, but the delivery date in the confirmation email says Jan 5th).

Core i7 processor, 6GB of RAM. 2GB Nvidia GeForce 435M graphics card. Should do nicely for running Football Manager 11 & FIFA Manager 11. That'll be my Christmas sorted providing it arrives on time!

With Steam, you can download it right now!

I know, but my Mom already bought it so...

I know, but my Mom already bought it so...

I'm just trying to make you cluck like a Heroin addict needing a fix :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

congrats to our new R_H_C_P overlord

11.2 is now released, thank GOD!!!

Watching players like Edin Dzeko not be able to find a club for 6 months was pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I downloaded the bloody patch and installed and now i can't load my game save. I checked the SI forums and apparently any game that has the polish league active will not load.

Bloody SI. This is the second patch i've had problems with. I'm just not going to bother with patches anymore since they seem to make things worse.

Advertisement