Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

the patch is downloading right now- what can i expect from the patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

the patch is downloading right now- what can i expect from the patch?
    The 2nd post in this thread has the patch notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I downloaded the bloody patch and installed and now i can't load my game save. I checked the SI forums and apparently any game that has the polish league active will not load.

Bloody SI. This is the second patch i've had problems with. I'm just not going to bother with patches anymore since they seem to make things worse.

Seen that, they are apologising from mountain tops over it.

Why continue with an old save when there is a few data changes in this game + the whole transfer system seems sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Going to grab this patch now, as I won't have internet over Christmas when I'll actually have a chance to play. Do I need any previous patches or can I jump straight to this one?

"If you haven’t downloaded the previous patch (11.1.1) please be aware that by downloading the new patch (11.2.0) you will automatically get all of the previous changes / fixes from previous patches, so there is no need to download 11.1.0 and 11.1.1 – just download the latest version 11.1.1."

Edit - sorry, just found this. Seems like I don't need anything before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Going to grab this patch now, as I won't have internet over Christmas when I'll actually have a chance to play. Do I need any previous patches or can I jump straight to this one?
    You can jump straight in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Dempsey wrote: »
    Seen that, they are apologising from mountain tops over it.

Why continue with an old save when there is a few data changes in this game + the whole transfer system seems sorted out.

I'd put a lot of time into my current game and wanted to keep going with it. I ended up reinstalling the game and patching back up to 11.1.1. So i can play it again.

I'd put a lot of time into my current game and wanted to keep going with it. I ended up reinstalling the game and patching back up to 11.1.1. So i can play it again.

I put alot of hours into my game too, but I dropped it because I felt the bugs had ruined it

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Transfers
    =========

- Fixed approach to sign for players based in England when user is managing in England
    - Reduced the willingness of high-ish profile out of contract players from dropping down a division
    - Ensured transfer listed by request players asking prices are higher if they are important first team players
    - Stopped human managers from having an unfair advantage when applying for job due to their attributes being really high
    - Prevented really top players from being touted around for really low values
    - Fixed clubs offering you players that aren't interested in joining you
    - Fixed some issues to make it easier to offload players via the use of offer to clubs

i agree with you on Dzeko having no club and no interest for 6 months, that seems crazy, but if the only real update for me is going to be start a new game only this time you either wont be able sign to or will have to pay more for the best players in the game then i dont see this as a good thing... I want to be able to sign them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

iphone version is out now, €10 though :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I didn't realise we had an FM section on boards :o anyhow I am here now. I was playing a really great game on FM but I (too late) realised Crystal Palace had no team entered in the reserves league so I decided to quit the game.. really trying to persist as manager of Bristol City but not feeling the enjoyment of it..

I do like lower league management and wish you had the choice to enter the reserve team yourself in the first year :( maybe I will restart and start from BSN or BSS..

• Advertisement

LanceStorm wrote: »
    i agree with you on Dzeko having no club and no interest for 6 months, that seems crazy, but if the only real update for me is going to be start a new game only this time you either wont be able sign to or will have to pay more for the best players in the game then i dont see this as a good thing... I want to be able to sign them!!

So any club should be able to sign any player? You think that's realistic?

After a couple of seasons when you've built a team off of game bugs and design flaws, the challenge and satisfaction I got evaporated quickly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Time to start a new game so.

Some dodgy stuff going on in my game lately re: Managers switching clubs like theirs no tomorrow. So far after 2 seasons I've seen every manager in the EPL leave their original club.

Theres a hotfix (11.2.1) available now for anyone thats interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

How exactly does a network game work? It would be interesting to setup a Board's game after Christmas.

Well my game and old saves are working fine with the new patch. They've updated Cork City as well as we now have the proper name and history for the coming season and thats reflected in game.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Works fine with saved games.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

How exactly does a network game work? It would be interesting to setup a Board's game after Christmas.

Basically someone hosts the game, you play as normal but you need all users online to be able to continue. I love network games, great fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

angel01 wrote: »
    Basically someone hosts the game, you play as normal but you need all users online to be able to continue. I love network games, great fun :)

That's what I was wondering about. Would it be awkward trying to get everyone online together?

I suppose it would be easy to manage with just two players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Errr...I just looked at my first team, and some random goalkeeper has appeared out of nowhere :confused: He's 20, south african and not very good. Might just offer him a contract anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Errr...I just looked at my first team, and some random goalkeeper has appeared out of nowhere :confused: He's 20, south african and not very good. Might just offer him a contract anyway :D

That happened me in FM10. Some random Thai lad popped up out of nowhere. Like you I offered him a contract for the craic, he accepted, and two weeks later was nowhere to be found :pac:

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    That happened me in FM10. Some random Thai lad popped up out of nowhere. Like you I offered him a contract for the craic, he accepted, and two weeks later was nowhere to be found :pac:

I can't find him :( He's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

21 yoyos on play.com at the moment

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056124598

• Registered Users Posts: 19,233 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I only got this now, is there an FM 2009 skin floating about? I've played with it for the last 2 years so I kinda need it to feel at home I feel. What's everyone's matchday options? Due to my lack of a familiar skin I've no idea what to do to speed it up (except for match speed obviously :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I can't find him :( He's gone.

Yup, ninja keepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Playing this for the first time in like 2 weeks, cos of the exams! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Only have to wait till christmas eve to get it! The missus is getting me it for christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

focus_mad wrote: »
    Only have to wait till christmas eve to get it! The missus is getting me it for christmas!!

Ha, what a woman!!!

I was just wonderin if anybody knows how to get my strikers to actually finish a chance?? Im Sligo and in my 2nd season I was against Zagreb to qualify for Europe. I was all over em, they didnt get a sniff. But my strikers couldn finish their breakfast. They ended up scorin on the break and knocked me out. Any tips??

Junior D wrote: »
    I was just wonderin if anybody knows how to get my strikers to actually finish a chance?? Im Sligo and in my 2nd season I was against Zagreb to qualify for Europe. I was all over em, they didnt get a sniff. But my strikers couldn finish their breakfast. They ended up scorin on the break and knocked me out. Any tips??

What's their training like? Did you set up a training group especially for strikers with lots of shooting training?

• Advertisement

Yeah I changed their trainin wi shootin up high, did the same with my midfielders, and its helped a little but their still brutal. In nearly every game I dominate, but miss 4 out of 5 chances

Advertisement