Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,248 ✭✭✭✭CSF

focus_mad wrote: »
    Only have to wait till christmas eve to get it! The missus is getting me it for christmas!!
    I would have died if mine had proposed that. Thankfully she knows I'm a release date man for life:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

CSF wrote: »
    I would have died if mine had proposed that. Thankfully she knows I'm a release date man for life:D

My girlfriend would have died if I asked her to get it for me!
    If she wants to destroy anything, its that game :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Portsmouth = Absolutely riddled club, Finacially in bits a load of spoofers on way to much and a transfer emabrgo

All and all a solid game to get started with Fm this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrGarak

Still playing as Pats and look who I just picked up as a free agent, well, the agent offered me him, and he signed!

awdbhg.png

Ah very good! I managed to snatch Dean Kiely while playing as Pats before and he was on great form!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Dunno how to stick up snapshots, but 3rd season wi Sligo Rovers and qualified into Europa League after got knocked out in final stage of Champions League qualification by Zilina. So mad because in the 1st leg, every bad thing that could've happened did:
    1st choice keeper gets injured before the match,
    Left back, Joe Dudgeon, gets sent off,
    Give away an unbelieveably stupid peno,
    Top striker, Luke Moore, is suspended, and
    despite playin em off the park my strikers couldn finish their breakfast and lose 2-0

Won 1-0 at home but sadly wasnt enough. Drawn against Koln, Club Brugge and Rangers in the group. Ragin though that my league form has gone drastically downhill since European campaign. from 1st by 4 points to 3rd behind by 14 but 3 games in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

peabutler wrote: »
    Portsmouth = Absolutely riddled club, Finacially in bits a load of spoofers on way to much and a transfer emabrgo

All and all a solid game to get started with Fm this Christmas.

Hmm, that does sound like fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

I picked Ireland as usual to start off with, great start and then Barelona approached me with 152 million for transfers. I snapped that up and stayed with Ireland. I bought Sergio Arguero and Afikeenev (the russian keeper). Got Irleand to qualify for Euros and Barcelona on top of league. But today i went to load it up and i got a crash dumps error and my previous save i can load up is before Barcelona offered me the job im 5 months behind now :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

louthguy25 wrote: »
    I picked Ireland as usual to start off with, great start and then Barelona approached me with 152 million for transfers. I snapped that up and stayed with Ireland. I bought Sergio Arguero and Afikeenev (the russian keeper). Got Irleand to qualify for Euros and Barcelona on top of league. But today i went to load it up and i got a crash dumps error and my previous save i can load up is before Barcelona offered me the job im 5 months behind now :mad::(

:(

I always keep back up copies of my saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

couldnt get fully settled with st pats so taken over h. tel aviv and spurs! lets see what happens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

focus_mad wrote: »
    couldnt get fully settled with st pats so taken over h. tel aviv and spurs! lets see what happens!!

ok ok who am i lying to.. left israel, back in ireland :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

UPS are **** lads.

SantryRed wrote: »
    UPS are **** lads.

Go on... :p

sent my new laptop to Brussels instead of Dublin. Still haven't got it and won't until Weds at the earliest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got this for Christmas and have been trying to play as QPR (want them big-bucks when I get promotion!) but I'm doing abysmal in the league.

Just cant seem to get a performance out of my lads :( Temped to pack up and just go with Liverpool. Hopefully I won't get sacked!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

I must be doing something wrong. I played about 5/6 hours today and yesterday and I am only into October with Man U. Then I see 1 fella complete 20 seasons in 10 days. What am I doing wrong???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

SantryRed wrote: »
    UPS are **** lads.

I was thinking the same thing. They made a cockup with delivering my laptop (I was full sure I wouldn't get it before Christmas). Christmas eve, 6pm, delivered. Delighted.

Has anyone done a few seasons as United? I'm in March and I'm hemorrhaging money out of my hole. Do you get takeover eventually or do the owners put in some money into the club?

That makes me feel so much better :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If you have a more leagues running it takes longer. Also could depend on the specs of your pc/laptop.

Im reinstalling windows later this week, is their anyway to keepmy FM save files?
    (its not on steam so I cant back up my data through that)

Really dont wanna start over for the 3rd time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

USB it on up

• Advertisement

Have a external harddrive, so pretty much just transfer them onto it?

Yep, transfer to the usb external hd, thats the handiest thing.

Well, got the sack with QPR :(

Restarted and went with Liverpool. Now in mid November and sitting in 2nd in the league. Eden Hazard is having a sensational season in the hole, has a few goals and is setting up nearly every other goal that my team has scored. Been unlucky with injuries though, TOrres and Gerrard are out long-term.

^Where you playing Hazard? Im playing him behind my strikers and he's netting a nice few goals! Much more effective there than the wing.

He's in the AMC position with Trequarista (sp?) as his player role. I'm scoring enough so I'm not too bothered that he isn't. Unreal amount of assists though.

I'm trying to fit Hazard into a 4-4-2 as a center midfielder or left winger, 35 games (plus 9 as sub), 13 assists, 5 goals.

I'd like to try him in the hole behind Rooney, as Berba, Hernandez & Macheda aren't doing too well. Owen is injured for the last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I'm trying to fit Hazard into a 4-4-2 as a center midfielder or left winger, 35 games (plus 9 as sub), 13 assists, 5 goals.

I'd like to try him in the hole behind Rooney, as Berba, Hernandez & Macheda aren't doing too well. Owen is injured for the last 6 months.
    4-4-3 Diamond worked fine for me at United with Hazard. Once Hargreaves is back, just sit him in DMC and Hazard in AMC. As above, he gets a ridiculous amount of assists there, though for me he was also my second top scorer behind Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

I was doing fairly well up to the last 2 games. I was 6 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand. That was to Arsenal. I lost the spare game 6-1 to Arsenal at home. I forget to change my team after putting out a second string in the cup. Lost 4-3 to Chelsea in the next game. Fortunately Liverpool lost 1-0 to newcastle so im in 4th, 6 points behind with the same amount played. Could have been 9 so not so bad. I dont get it though. Im only in Dec after playing 14 hours.

The players want an obscene amount of money in this game!

Tried to sign Defour but he wanted 50k+ a week, and also wanted a minimum release clause of 19 million! Then looked at Rakitic and he wanted 40k+! Madness!

• Advertisement

Laptop arrived :D

Advertisement