Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

How many hours did it take you to complete the season. What kind of computer/laptop have you. Is it new??What size is your database. Im after playing 22 hours with Man United and I am only in January.

Just looked there for you,

The game time, and I haven't played it since I made that post is just over 19 Hours.

My Database is Custom, I have all leagues in England running, Serie B and above in Italy and Liga Adelante and above in Spain, plus i loaded all players from Ireland.

Laptop is 2 years old at this stage, running Windows 7 with 3GB Ram being used, dual core processor i don't know if that helps a bit extra,

Let it be known though that the press are more used to seeing my assistant and i avoid talking to the press where possible, i got fed up with them saying that i rarely interact with my players so i made an effort there and now it says my door is always open.

I don't go into a great deal of detail in terms of training or paying attention to reserves etc, and as i said I was only using 2 sets of tactics so I wasn't spending time looking into how other teams played, so it does go quick enough for me.

Let me just add that I don't watch the 3d games either, i prefer the old 2d text format.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I just started a game with all leagues from all countries selected, with a large database. I started off unemployed with no past experience.

I applied for the African Warriors job, and I was given a one-year deal on €1,000 a week. I am expected to achieve a safe mid-table position, and the media expect me to finish 5th (out of 8) in the South African First Division Coastal. The squad is basically terrible, and there isn't much to work with. I have a wage budget of €3,300 per week (adjusted) and €10K to spend. I will be looking to bring in most of my signings on loan and on free-transfers.

I will post an update when I finish the season.

I've actually never started unemployed in the game, have often thought about doing what you have started but never did!

Looks like you will have a good game, keep us updated on how it runs for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Which Dembele is that pea? I signed Garra Dembele but he was unhappy in England and I sold him in the summer.

It's Garra and he only scored once in the League but he did a good job in the FA Cup. He was homesick for me but I didn't let him go I just brought in M Diarra and he was happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

SantryRed wrote: »
    I told you to do that months ago! :pac:

Shows how much I'd listen to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mourinho warns of Twigg threat :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

I've actually never started unemployed in the game, have often thought about doing what you have started but never did!

Looks like you will have a good game, keep us updated on how it runs for you.

Will do! I do all my proper games like this - I don't like jumping in at a big club straight away. I like the feeling of working my way up in the world.

At the start, it's either African Warriors or an abundance of Singaporean teams that will give you a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lads quick question, just bought game.

Made my profile, selected leagues and picked my team. Its a network game.

All i want to do now is find my network details so my mate can join in? I take its not just local network?

sorry complete newbie to FM, CHamp manager 2000 was the last one i played!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Why do club continue their interest in your player, even though they just signed a new 5 year contract. Even worse is that they think they can get them for less than the value of his contract. He's 24 btw.

Rubbish coding from SI

Fair play! Your players seem to be very much in demand. Make sure to keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,923 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

markesmith wrote: »
    Into season 2 with Salthill Devon - it's quite a challenge for you lower-league FMers! Wage bill is only £1,500 a week, so you're constantly looking at your top-paid players and, even if they're doing a job, looking to get someone in to replace them at £40-£60 a week.

Doing much better this season, currently in 1st spot after six games, just beat Shels away and had a good sneer at their manager after.

Bit of a managerial go-around going on at the mo, with Athlone, Waterford, Shels and Bray bosses all getting flak.

Current squad:
    trash.gif

Tried to get a few older lads in there, as Hansen says "You'll never win anything with kids"!

You have Ethan Mannion! He's probably driving from Tuam to Salthill every day!

• Advertisement

Anyone here interested in taking part in a network game?

Jesus I'm hoovering up Irish fringe Internationals good-o for the Hoops; Joey O'Brien, Noel Hunt and Caleb Folan for the team and Stan is my right hand man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Dempsey wrote: »
    Why do club continue their interest in your player, even though they just signed a new 5 year contract. Even worse is that they think they can get them for less than the value of his contract. He's 24 btw.

Maybe they'd like to track the future development of the player? If a player signs a new contract, I know I don't immediately take them off my shortlist.

He could be a player I'd like to come back to look at in the future, especially if is 24 and could develop further. In 6 months time, they player could have a fallout and decide he wants to leave. If you have an interest, you'd definitely want to be kept informed.

Into season 2 with Salthill Devon - it's quite a challenge for you lower-league FMers! Wage bill is only £1,500 a week, so you're constantly looking at your top-paid players and, even if they're doing a job, looking to get someone in to replace them at £40-£60 a week.

Doing much better this season, currently in 1st spot after six games, just beat Shels away and had a good sneer at their manager after.

Bit of a managerial go-around going on at the mo, with Athlone, Waterford, Shels and Bray bosses all getting flak.

Current squad:
    trash.gif

Tried to get a few older lads in there, as Hansen says "You'll never win anything with kids"!

Did you sign Liam O'Brien off Bray? I signed him with the Saints but he hasn't really played all to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

mars bar wrote: »
    You have Ethan Mannion! He's probably driving from Tuam to Salthill every day!

Ha, didn't know he was from Tuam! He's a fringe striker atm, just brought in on v. low wages while Lapira's injured. Scouts tell me he'll blossom though.

12 games into the season, 4th in the table but only three points behind leaders Longford. Playoffs is a realistic aim. Wage budget is so low that you're replacing your best players with youngsters every window!

In fairness, we only sold 75 season tickets, and average attendance is under 200, so it's all cup runs and away friendlies to foreign opposition to keep the bank account on an even keel!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,923 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ha, didn't know he was from Tuam! He's a fringe striker atm, just brought in on v. low wages while Lapira's injured. Scouts tell me he'll blossom though.

He went to school with my sister.

I looked at getting him when I started out with Southend in FM 10 but my scouts were crap so didn't give me much info about him.
    Stephen O' Donnell stayed with me from League 2 to Premiership. Wonder what his stats are like in the new game. He's good for set pieces.

cson wrote: »
    Got the same with Rovers but to be honest I think it makes the LOI too easy; you get so far ahead of the pack thanks to CL money and the challenge of it is waning for me. I'll be looking to move jobs after this season I'd say.

Aye, it's mad easy. I'm 20pts clear with a game in hand, as of september...

I've never actually played an FM where I've moved clubs. Gonna do it this year though. And, I'm still Australia manager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Got the same with Rovers but to be honest I think it makes the LOI too easy; you get so far ahead of the pack thanks to CL money and the challenge of it is waning for me. I'll be looking to move jobs after this season I'd say.

It's a worse problem in my game. Boh's completly dominate the league because they're flush with cash. Themselves and Derry sign some of the best players in the league every season and buy in some good players from Britain. Meaning it's very hard to finish higher than 3rd in the league.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but whatever.

So, I've been downloading a few editor files recently (mainly leagues) and I have a problem with some files. How to I get a .rar file to work. I think I have to unzip it or something, but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

rar files are compressed, get winRAR to uncompress them

• Advertisement

Shay Given decides to retire the day before the Euro 2012 Final. :eek:

I hate this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Shay Given decides to retire the day before the Euro 2012 Final. :eek:

I hate this game.

Mad. Didn't someone else have David James retire the night before the World Cup final?

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Mad. Didn't someone else have David James retire the night before the World Cup final?

Ended up beating Spain 2-1 anyway :eek:

The 4-1-2-2-1 with wingers is immense for getting results with average players against good teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Any offers around around the shops lads. Going to get it next week. Time to move on from 09.

Cheers

I've decided to scrap my long-term game. I'm waiting until patch 11.3 is released to start a proper game. It's supposed to fix problems with reputation and not getting offered jobs, which would have affected my game. I am also going to be playing with some additional downloaded leagues included.

I'd love if there was a log section, like in the Gambling forum, where we could keep track of careers. I know there is the "Snapshot of your story" threads, but I would prefer to go into more detail than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

u still playing this game... loool....
    i gave up long time ago.. simply it became tooo boring for me...
    even pes which i played like maniac i gave up...
    todays games simply are not interesting anymore...
    honestly, im playing a game 7 years old, nfs mw with moded cars...and its very interesting

Erper wrote: »
    u still playing this game... loool....
    i gave up long time ago.. simply it became tooo boring for me...
    even pes which i played like maniac i gave up...
    todays games simply are not interesting anymore...
    honestly, im playing a game 7 years old, nfs mw with moded cars...and its very interesting

Okay..? :rolleyes:

Why isn't it interesting anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

its boring, the last 12 years of playing those managers i realize its just spending ur minutes of ur life :D:D:D:D on nothing...
    just messing...
    i just wanted to say, every fm is same thing, just different season... on each manager there is a same group of players u can buy, and one who u can just dream about..
    and again everything is the same...
    nothing new in it...

Erper wrote: »
    and again everything is the same...
    nothing new in it...

Dynamic League Reputation. Agents. Advanced Editor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Aim is to win Champions League within next 20 seasons wi Sligo Rovers. Although college is causin some serious delay

Advertisement