Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,923 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Junior D wrote: »
    Aim is to win Champions League within next 20 seasons wi Sligo Rovers. Although college is causin some serious delay

Get your priorities right then, FM first, college second! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've just bought this fantastic game and have started the season as Liverpool boss :o

Getting used to dealing with agents and their sometimes hilarious/ludicrous demands but I've a question to ask... is there any way to reduce the amount of fouls committed, yellow cards etc?

I'm only 5 games into the season but have racked up the most yellows already and have had 2 players sent off. I've already changed my tactics to tackles being 'EASY' and have my in match tactics of 'STAY ON YOUR FEET'.

Neither seem to have an impact on the amount of fouls my players are committing :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Currently top of the Andorran First Division (top division) with Santa Coloma. We are five points clear right now, having won all of our seven matches so far. We also won the Andorran Super Cup after coming from 2-0 down at half-time to win 3-2.

It looks like I will walk away with the league. This is not a 'proper' game. I'm just testing out the Andorran file I downloaded. As in, I haven't signed any players or anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I've just bought this fantastic game and have started the season as Liverpool boss :o

Getting used to dealing with agents and their sometimes hilarious/ludicrous demands but I've a question to ask... is there any way to reduce the amount of fouls committed, yellow cards etc?

I'm only 5 games into the season but have racked up the most yellows already and have had 2 players sent off. I've already changed my tactics to tackles being 'EASY' and have my in match tactics of 'STAY ON YOUR FEET'.

Neither seem to have an impact on the amount of fouls my players are committing :confused:

What's your tackling set to in Opposition Instructions?
    Or do you just click "Ask Assistant" in which case it can set talking to hard on all players.

Change them all to normal/easy (whatever you prefere).

Yakult wrote: »
    What's your tackling set to in Opposition Instructions?
    Or do you just click "Ask Assistant" in which case it can set talking to hard on all players.

Change them all to normal/easy (whatever you prefere).

Currently I ask my assistant but then manually change it to easy for their back 4 and normal for all the other players, still has no effect. Could it be that it's my PRESSING tactic thats at fault? I have them always pressing the opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Took over the Drogs at the halfway point of the season, had a decent budget and a few grand to spend. Brought in Liam Kearney, Blinkhorn and Declan O'Brien. Worked very well team flew up the table, won the cup and qualifed for Uefa cup. The great thing about LOI is that everyone is available for free. so have a squad now which is challenging for the title.

Currently I ask my assistant but then manually change it to easy for their back 4 and normal for all the other players, still has no effect. Could it be that it's my PRESSING tactic thats at fault? I have them always pressing the opposition.

That should be fine then.

I dont use PRESSING tactics myself (only once) but I reckon that would be where you are going wrong. Give it a game without and see how you fare.

When a player gets sent off do you fine him or anything? I always start off with "Issue Warning" first time around and if they keep it up and get another on "Fine 2 weeks wages" etc. etc.

Shows that you dont tolorate poor dissapline. Give them a miss of one or two games when the ban is lifted.

On that note,

Jue Cole had the nerve to come up to me claiming my team had no dissapline. Gladly told him "I cannot see such a problem and neither should you now gtfo.

That man is going in the summer tranfer window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I can't get another job. I'm still St Pats manager in the game, but I wanna move and continue playing the same game file. Pffft :(

I can't get another job. I'm still St Pats manager in the game, but I wanna move and continue playing the same game file. Pffft :(

There is a problem in the game with reputation and getting offered jobs. I think it'll be fixed in the next patch.

There is a problem in the game with reputation and getting offered jobs. I think it'll be fixed in the next patch.

Cheers. So, I'll have to start a new game then! Feck :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I just turned down Bristol Rovers in League 2, because I'm second in the IPD with Salthill Devon. Hoping someone better comes along, maybe a League 1 team, then I'll make the move.

Angling for European competition next season with Salthill, so dropping to Bristol Rovers is a bit much.

markesmith wrote: »
    I just turned down Bristol Rovers in League 2, because I'm second in the IPD with Salthill Devon. Hoping someone better comes along, maybe a League 1 team, then I'll make the move.

Angling for European competition next season with Salthill, so dropping to Bristol Rovers is a bit much.

Man, I've won 4 leagues in a row and 2 CL Group stage appearences and I can't even get a job in League 1. Poxy!

I dont use PRESSING tactics myself (only once) but I reckon that would be where you are going wrong. Give it a game without and see how you fare.

When a player gets sent off do you fine him or anything? I always start off with "Issue Warning" first time around and if they keep it up and get another on "Fine 2 weeks wages" etc. etc.

Shows that you dont tolorate poor dissapline. Give them a miss of one or two games when the ban is lifted.

On that note,

Jue Cole had the nerve to come up to me claiming my team had no dissapline. Gladly told him "I cannot see such a problem and neither should you now gtfo.

Seems to be ok now, switched it off and on again and am now picking up less than 10 fouls on average per game (could be more, my maths is shocking :pac:). About discipline, I tend to give 2 warnings before fining people, always have really. Seems to keep them in check

Cole is a cheeky so and so... was on the periphery of my first team for the first month and a half of the season until Stevie G got injured with a broken leg and will be out until February, and then injuries to Defour and Hazard pretty much made him a guaranteed starter. Has paid me back well with form of 8.1 in his last 5 games.

Hazard though is an absolute revelation. In 20 games, he's scored 5 (may not sound like a lot but all were important goals) and has assisted 14! Great player. Delighted to have Defour in my team as well, until his torn hamstring that is:(

Cole is a cheeky so and so... was on the periphery of my first team for the first month and a half of the season until Stevie G got injured with a broken leg and will be out until February, and then injuries to Defour and Hazard pretty much made him a guaranteed starter. Has paid me back well with form of 8.1 in his last 5 games.

Hazard though is an absolute revelation. In 20 games, he's scored 5 (may not sound like a lot but all were important goals) and has assisted 14! Great player. Delighted to have Defour in my team as well, until his torn hamstring that is:(

Cole is more a fringe player for me now. Only use him when I need to rest a winger.

Himself and Kuyt work well tho on the right and left with them swapping over sides. Other than that tho he hasnt impressed me.

Hazard is the same for me, scores mostly when needed. I was going to buy Dafour too but decided to buy two young technical players in my hope to have a barca like midfield set-up. Pass, Pass, Pass etc. Score.

Once again Im getting 4 games within 7 days. Which gives me one day break between the games. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Man, I've won 4 leagues in a row and 2 CL Group stage appearences and I can't even get a job in League 1. Poxy!

Well, I hope that wasn't the only offer I'll ever get in this game! Boh's are dominating the league, what with the CL money.

Hazard is the same for me, scores mostly when needed. I was going to buy Dafour too but decided to buy two young technical players in my hope to have a barca like midfield set-up. Pass, Pass, Pass etc. Score.

Once again Im getting 4 games within 7 days. Which gives me one day break between the games. :mad:

Yeah, Europa League along with easy/favorable cup runs is causing me some amount of fixture congestion. Along with a major injury crisis where 6 of my first teamers are out for up to 6 weeks, not including my long term injuries to Gerrard and Defour who won't be back until around February and I'm in December... massive headache :mad:. Have had to call up youth players its gotten so bad.

At least I know Suso is not quite ready for first team starts :o Really should not have sent Pacheco and Jovanovic out on loan. Could really do with some attackers right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

+1

He did the same with me - i was like.... "so you want me to be a pr**k" (if only that was an option to say).

Will be shipping him out.

Its official, fixture congestion in this game is a joke. Has to be a bug or something because this never happened to me in FM10 despite competing the same competitions.

Nevermind the 3 games in 5 days/4 games in 7 days etc.

I now have 2 games one right after another.

Man United on Tuesday who are first and I am in second place so a v.important game and then my second leg against R. Madrid on Wednesday in the Champions league.

Completely unrealistic and poor from SI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Its official, fixture congestion in this game is a joke. Has to be a bug or something because this never happened to me in FM10 despite competing the same competitions.

Nevermind the 3 games in 5 days/4 games in 7 days etc.

I now have 2 games one right after another.

Man United on Tuesday who are first and I am in second place so a v.important game and then my second leg against R. Madrid on Wednesday in the Champions league.

Completely unrealistic and poor from SI.

Try having 14 games in 14 days at the end of an LOI season :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    Try having 14 games in 14 days at the end of an LOI season :pac:

haha ok you win :p

• Advertisement

Report it on their forum so that it can be fixed for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I had to play Derry 4 times in about 7 days in my game. I think this is a problem they really need to look at.

Posted over on the FM11 forum. being reading about it too on fm-base etc.

Seems everyone is having a problem with it.

I went on to the forums and posted in your thread as well. Hopefully if enough people make noise about it they might do something.

I went on to the forums and posted in your thread as well. Hopefully if enough people make noise about it they might do something.

To be fair, they are one of the best developers around for listening to consumer feedback and acting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

To be fair, they are one of the best developers around for listening to consumer feedback and acting on it.

True but alot of the stuff reported should never make it into the release

Theres been problems with fixture congestion in the games for the last few years and it's only got worse this year. It really seems like they've done nothing to fix the problem over the last few years.

Theres been problems with fixture congestion in the games for the last few years and it's only got worse this year. It really seems like they've done nothing to fix the problem over the last few years.

Yeah, its farcical. If you do well in the cup competitions and Europe, your gonna have serious congestion if yer playing in the LOI.

Posted over on the FM11 forum. being reading about it too on fm-base etc.

Seems everyone is having a problem with it.

One of the SI guys responded to the thread. He asked to put up some screenshots of the fixture list so they can see when and why it's happening.

I put a couple from my game. Maybe put up a screenshot from your game as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

One of the SI guys responded to the thread. He asked to put up some screenshots of the fixture list so they can see when and why it's happening.

I put a couple from my game. Maybe put up a screenshot from your game as well.

The fact that they havent found the bug in their testing shows that they rely on the community for the bulk of bug reporting

Advertisement