Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

One of the SI guys responded to the thread. He asked to put up some screenshots of the fixture list so they can see when and why it's happening.

I put a couple from my game. Maybe put up a screenshot from your game as well.
    Great, I will throw up a few when I get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Just wondering if many have signed Leigh Griffiths from Dundee?

I ask because I am wondering what price you got him for,

I remember starting a game with Sunderland at one stage and i had to pay over £3million to get him to come.

In my current Blackburn game I got him for little over the £1million mark.

Most recently I have started a game in Scotland as Hibernian manager where a bid of £400,000 is intervened at by the Chairman as too good to turn down!

Am just wondering does anyone know what makes the game do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Just wondering if many have signed Leigh Griffiths from Dundee?

I ask because I am wondering what price you got him for,

I remember starting a game with Sunderland at one stage and i had to pay over £3million to get him to come.

In my current Blackburn game I got him for little over the £1million mark.

Most recently I have started a game in Scotland as Hibernian manager where a bid of £400,000 is intervened at by the Chairman as too good to turn down!

Am just wondering does anyone know what makes the game do this?

Maybe his potential ability is random

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

For the people managing Irish teams, have ye had the problem of having to constantly readjust your teams. Like for me with Sligo, I get quality players in but then after 2or3 seasons they decide to leave for so-called bigger teams.... even though im ranked in the top 65 clubs in Europe. Its really starting to irritate me as when it seems I'm building a serious team, it just falls apart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Junior D wrote: »
    For the people managing Irish teams, have ye had the problem of having to constantly readjust your teams. Like for me with Sligo, I get quality players in but then after 2or3 seasons they decide to leave for so-called bigger teams.... even though im ranked in the top 65 clubs in Europe. Its really starting to irritate me as when it seems I'm building a serious team, it just falls apart

Yeah likewise. Pain in the hole tbh. The constant fixture congestion, plus injuries makes it very difficult to keep the same main core of a team in the LOI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

If you have 10 million left at the end of the season, is this added on to your budget for the next season, or would you be better off spending it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I thought that wouldn't be a problem this year with the dynamic league rep. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

At the moment the LOI is only just behind the German League, and ahead of the Scottish League in my game, but its not makin any difference at all. St. Pats are regularly qualifyin for Europe as well, even gettin into the knock-out stages beating Rangers and Young Boys as well as drawin with Schalke. Im startin to finally get into the knock-out rounds of the Champions League consistantly as well, so it really irks me when they leave for a "bigger club" in the Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

At the moment the LOI is only just behind the German League, and ahead of the Scottish League in my game, but its not makin any difference at all. St. Pats are regularly qualifyin for Europe as well, even gettin into the knock-out stages beating Rangers and Young Boys as well as drawin with Schalke. Im startin to finally get into the knock-out rounds of the Champions League consistantly as well, so it really irks me when they leave for a "bigger club" in the Championship

Aye, I can't keep any of my decent players. Poxy game is doing my head in during transfer windows/contract negotiations etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

when is the next patch out that will cover the jan transfers, starting again with Chelsea will require the least amount of work ever!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

LanceStorm wrote: »
    when is the next patch out that will cover the jan transfers, starting again with Chelsea will require the least amount of work ever!!

Although if you intend to stay there for a prolonged time you'll have to replace the old guard...quite a few of those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

You could probably fix this with FMRTE (without starting a new game). Change the club or league reputation.

LanceStorm wrote: »

I read on FM-base that they normally come out around valentines day but it could be as late as early march.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Has anyone got their wage limit for new signings saying n/a when I try to adjust it in the boardroom section it just says the board think I have more than enough to attract high quality players!!!

matty55 wrote: »
    Has anyone got their wage limit for new signings saying n/a when I try to adjust it in the boardroom section it just says the board think I have more than enough to attract high quality players!!!

I tried to start a game with Queens Park in scotland and got that although i think it was related to the clubs amateur status.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

in my liverpool i cant wait till the end of the season so i can sell torres. hope i get 50million for him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

redzerdrog wrote: »
    in my liverpool i cant wait till the end of the season so i can sell torres. hope i get 50million for him

In the same situation, only in October at the moment though. Who are you looking to bring in instead? Have Dzeko on my shortlist with Mario Gomez. Lukaku went to Chelsea so may try a swap deal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sick of the stupid morale system in this game, you could win twenty games in a a row, then lose one because of a stupid decision, then you're players start to get sent off in the following games (I had three players have three straight red cards in one game) How do they not have basic things like this sorted out by now, so pissed off.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Sick of the stupid morale system in this game, you could win twenty games in a a row, then lose one because of a stupid decision, then you're players start to get sent off in the following games (I had three players have three straight red cards in one game)

I'd put a bet on it be down to how the squad are blending. Do you pay attention to who has to adapt to fit in and who doesnt?

The more people that have to adapt, the more problems you'll have with them and their morale imo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Dempsey wrote: »
    The fact that they havent found the bug in their testing shows that they rely on the community for the bulk of bug reporting

A bit harsh,
    A lot of companies rely on the community for bug reporting - Microsoft for one, whether or not that is the "bulk" of bug reporting would be difficult to know without knowing how many bugs are found in internal testing.

• Advertisement

I'd put a bet on it be down to how the squad are blending. Do you pay attention to who has to adapt to fit in and who doesnt?

The more people that have to adapt, the more problems you'll have with them and their morale imo
    Only one player was having trouble fitting in and he was on the bench

kippy wrote: »
    A bit harsh,
    A lot of companies rely on the community for bug reporting - Microsoft for one, whether or not that is the "bulk" of bug reporting would be difficult to know without knowing how many bugs are found in internal testing.

I dont think so. I'm a member of the SI forum and the amount of obvious bugs, I've reported and games ftp'd because of those reports and what other people are complaining about is alarming

Over the years the amount of obvious bugs, like any club installing undersoil heating even though they already have it or stadium expansions resulting in actual reduction in maximum capacity, the polish compatibility issue in the last patch, the brazil manager bug that has existed for several versions of the game plus countless other problems, never mind mentioning the poor implementation of the private chat function and other new features.

No doubt its a complex game but the game is never right until the 3rd patch and thats only because of huge input from the community. So of the bugs make you wonder whether the game is actually tested before people pay for it.

Only one player was having trouble fitting in and he was on the bench

where you checking that out? assistant feedback during matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I dont think so. I'm a member of the SI forum and the amount of obvious bugs, I've reported and games ftp'd because of those reports and what other people are complaining about is alarming

Over the years the amount of obvious bugs, like any club installing undersoil heating even though they already have it or stadium expansions resulting in actual reduction in maximum capacity, the polish compatibility issue in the last patch, the brazil manager bug that has existed for several versions of the game plus countless other problems, never mind mentioning the poor implementation of the private chat function and other new features.

No doubt its a complex game but the game is never right until the 3rd patch and thats only because of huge input from the community. So of the bugs make you wonder whether the game is actually tested before people pay for it.
    I guarantee you it is tested - probably on a budget though.
    Just like all the versions of windows you have seen in the past 10 years, XP, Vista and 7, yet many would say (similiar to yourself) that these arent "stable" till at least the first service pack, and some have more than one service pack.

There isnt much better than a large amount of people using the game in different configurations and with different teams to assist in ironing out the bugs - for a lot of software, not just this one I would add.

Of course it tested to on a budget, its obviously nothing near whats required given its complexity.

I wouldnt compare an OS to a game tbh, windows is the subject of many people trying to break it whereas most people playing FM want a game that plays correctly, they arent looking to break the game but they do.

where you checking that out? assistant feedback during matches?

yeah

yeah

I'd check the coach reports.

I've one player that having alot of adapting to fit in but it doesnt say a word about it on the assistant feedback. His morale would go from superb to very poor very easily.

Some coaches/scouts will give better detail in reports than others but watch out for the personality of who you sign, I tend to avoid players that have to adapt to fit in at all costs and I enjoy a squad harmony of 95% and no fallouts or any other bull.

It always happens, you're on a a winning streak, you lose one game, then it's nigh on impossible to win the game after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

aaronh007 wrote: »
    In the same situation, only in October at the moment though. Who are you looking to bring in instead? Have Dzeko on my shortlist with Mario Gomez. Lukaku went to Chelsea so may try a swap deal

I have Lukaku and Neymar already. I was playing Neymar on the leftwing and lukaku was backup for torres. so will prob start playing Neymar up front and bring in a left winger type player

• Advertisement

It always happens, you're on a a winning streak, you lose one game, then it's nigh on impossible to win the game after that.

What do you do when you loose the first game, what changes to the routine is done?

Advertisement