Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Have to say, sending scouts to the likes of Brazil and Argentina is great. Find some quality players!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Have to say, sending scouts to the likes of Brazil and Argentina is great. Find some quality players!

I get nationals for the region i want scouted, e.g. I have 3 scouts searching through south america, two Brazilians, the other is Argentinian.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I get nationals for the region i what scouted, e.g. I have 3 scouts searching through south america, two Brazilians, the other is Argentinian.

Never copped to do that :o

Cheers!

Never copped to do that :o

Cheers!

And when possible sign a coach from a country that your scouts are not so that you get his knowledge of countries so that your scouts can process those countries quicker. My club staff is like the UN :pac:

Can you add manageable leagues to your game whilst your playing it? I'm bored of LOI, and just realized the only other managable leagues I picked were Engerland and Scotland. I don't think I will be able to but you'd never know :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Can you add manageable leagues to your game whilst your playing it? I'm bored of LOI, and just realized the only other managable leagues I picked were Engerland and Scotland. I don't think I will be able to but you'd never know :)

No, I'm pretty sure you can't.

When's the next update/patch being released? I'm dying to start a new game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

When's the next update/patch being released? I'm dying to start a new game!

I saw on FM-base that the third patch is traditionally out around valentines day but could be as late as early march this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking of getting this game but I have FM10, should I bother?

Where can I get this the cheapest, I was sure I saw a post here for somewhere selling it for €20?

Beau wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I've been thinking of getting this game but I have FM10, should I bother?

Where can I get this the cheapest, I was sure I saw a post here for somewhere selling it for €20?

Yeah, get it! Or maybe just wait until the next update cones out and start a game from there!

Not sure where one would get FM11 but, doubt it'd be much more than €30 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

My transfer budget has being cut from 33.5M to 900k after reaching the January transfer window due to the clubs financial difficulty :eek:
    Not over-staffed, over wage limit etc. so thats a strange one.
    Beau wrote: »
    Yeah it comes to around €20 from Zavvi.com

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/football-manager-2011/10207440.html

Any LOI players here?

Just wondering have any of the problems been fixed yet?

With the update before xmas(11.1.1) you had no reserves league games and the game would effectively end after one season(You would have continental games and maybe cups but league wouldn't restart)

I was playing off a download but I'd be willing to invest and patch up properly if the league was playable now.

Any LOI players here?

With the update before xmas(11.1.1) you had no reserves league games and the game would effectively end after one season(You would have continental games and maybe cups but league wouldn't restart)

I was playing off a download but I'd be willing to invest and patch up properly if the league was playable now.

The league never ended for me, and I'm in 2014 mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Any LOI players here?

I'm in my 5th season so no problems here.

The league never ended for me, and I'm in 2014 mate.

Well with the initial version the league would work fine.
    But with 11.0.1 or 11.1.1 it wouldn't resume.

Also wasn't gaining any reputation for winning the league which i believe is tied to the ''Pre season bookies odds'' because that screen would never show up either.

The whole league just seemed unplayable not having reserve fixtures either(i believe i read over on the SI forums that this is still not fixed?)

Well with the initial version the league would work fine.
    But with 11.0.1 or 11.1.1 it wouldn't resume.

Also wasn't gaining any reputation for winning the league which i believe is tied to the ''Pre season bookies odds'' because that screen would never show up either.

The whole league just seemed unplayable not having reserve fixtures either(i believe i read over on the SI forums that this is still not fixed?)

Think I'm still using the initial version mate...

Gonna start a new game when the next update comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

any one know when the new patch is out

I'm 2 league games away from doing the perfect league season (all wins)

:D

Fcukin' jynxed it by posting that ^^^

Derry City scored a 94th min equalizer against me there.

Fcukin' jynxed it by posting that ^^^

Derry City scored a 94th min equalizer against me there.

Up Derry!! :p

Im off to buy Jack Wilshere in the next transfer window :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

guys i was aris when i took over got a sugar daddy and decided to buy up a good few from brazil ganso, tiago ribero,, neymar, jean and renan. all good? at times it was real brazilian flair stuff such as the dramatic 4-3 comeback against olympiakos away from home...blitzing aek athens 5-1...a last minute neymar goal away to panathianokos...but when we were bad we were bad...imploding at home on more than one occassion such as europa league to some azberjan outfit...losing 4-1 at home to the worst team in the league and an abundance of high scoring draws where we failed to put teams away. it all promised to be so perfect but the dream to take aris to the top of greek football and become a force in europe ultimately fell apart. 2 years on the aris i left has changed, the boys from brazil are long gone and while the sugar daddy remains the manager has failed to have the imagination tor recruit the same type of player i did....

Yakult wrote: »
    Up Derry!! :p

:(

In other news, FINALLY got another job. I'm now the Sunderland manager, but they're in The Championship, and were 19th when I took over. Played 6 games so far, won 4, drew 1 and lost 1.

WE ARE GOING UP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I'm onto my third season with Shamrock rovers knocked out of the champions league after coming third behind Real and Porto, In the Europa league, Have €5 million in the kitty but losing interest in the LOI now and want to head over the water and take the portsmouth job,

Also, i'm somehow the manager of belarus???

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

I'm managing Pats coming along in the league and will wrap up at least one cup so defo back into Europe next season, pain in the ass is ya get sick of playin Bray with your reserve players and winning 3-0!!

I now have the tricky decision of work on me thesis (in in 10 days!) or SuperSaints to the title! :confused:

focus_mad wrote: »
    I'm managing Pats coming along in the league and will wrap up at least one cup so defo back into Europe next season, pain in the ass is ya get sick of playin Bray with your reserve players and winning 3-0!!

I now have the tricky decision of work on me thesis (in in 10 days!) or SuperSaints to the title! :confused:

SuperSaints to the title, without a dobut man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Me: I'd like you to try to switch the ball to the other flank

Player: I don't think it's going to benefit my game

Me: I'd like you to at least give it a try

Player: F*CK YOU! I HATE THIS CLUB! TRANSFER REQUEST!!!11!!!1!

ShaneU wrote: »

It happens everyday, IRL, ya know.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

ShaneU wrote: »

The thing that annoys me more.

Me: You've really impressed me recently. Keep it up.

Player: I thought I was rubbish.

Me: No, you were good.

Player: I think I should leave now. *Hands in transfer request*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Guh! this game can get frustrating sometimes. A team full of confidence winning the last 6 games and conceding 1 goal ends up getting hammered 5-0 away to Arsenal, followed by throwing away a 2-0 lead and ending up drawing 2-2 away to Villa.

Of course I'm missing Suarez, Johnson, Kuyt, Torres and Defour but still no excuse... my lead at the top of the table is now down to 3 points...sickened

• Advertisement

^your telling me!! Similar happened. I've lost more in the last months (Game time) than I have an entire season just because I got knocked out of the FA Cup. Key players returning from injury but its picking up again!

Also, anyone wanna make a banner for the F&CM forum? I would but Im useless at graphic design!

Advertisement