Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

My pre-match comment to Hazard was "I expect a performance"

Picture5-1-1.png

:pac: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Sponsored RYAN

when is the new patch for football manager with january transfers coming out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I decided to fine a player after getting sent off. I click spacebar to process, about 20 messages pop up. The whole feckin team is pissed that I fined the guy. Quick reload and all good but still...

I decided to fine a player after getting sent off. I click spacebar to process, about 20 messages pop up. The whole feckin team is pissed that I fined the guy. Quick reload and all good but still...

if its his first sending off you should always issue a warning.
    and if he has bin sent off more than once then fine him. decide between 1 or 2 week fine on the cercumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

if its his first sending off you should always issue a warning.
    and if he has bin sent off more than once then fine him. decide between 1 or 2 week fine on the cercumstances.

I fine everyone two weeks wages if they get sent off, and I've never had any complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I fine everyone two weeks wages if they get sent off, and I've never had any complaints.

I'm the same. I've my tackling set to easy so all sendings off are 2 weeks fines, it's the same for my reserves and underage teams. I've had one mini revolt against me (in about 10 seasons playtime) but I don't play the player until they apologise and the others eventually cop on that I made the right decision.

I think the revolts could be considered a sign of a cohesive team or a too strict a manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How is it a real life simulation if you reload? I don't see the fun in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I was starting to get bored. Figured out how to use the editor and activated all the german leagues all the way down to the Oberliga (fifth tier).

I will bring TeBe Berlin to Bundesliga glory, just give me about 10 years :pac:.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I was starting to get bored. Figured out how to use the editor and activated all the german leagues all the way down to the Oberliga (fifth tier).

I will bring TeBe Berlin to Bundesliga glory, just give me about 10 years :pac:.

10 years, real time or fm time? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

SantryRed wrote: »

Guy I lived with last year kept bragging to me that he was in his 6th season with Barcelona and was unbeaten in all competitions. I was skeptical to say the least but with Barça you never know.

Then one night I was in the living room watching tv and he came in and started playing FM, he lost a game to Bilbao. Got back to the inbox, opened the menu and selected load game. Did that three times as he kept losing...

Pointed that out to him and he said, "where's the fun in losing?"... I just walked away

This guy also, at the start of the season, used to create a new manager at Man City/Real/United basically whoever had money, bought his crap players for the highest amount possible then signed all the best players in the game...

• Advertisement

ye same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Ya fair point, but I didn't want my whole team handing in a transfer request. I don't reload for matches.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I give two weeks wages for a straight red, a warning for two yellows, they tend to give out if you fine them for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ya fair point, but I didn't want my whole team handing in a transfer request. I don't reload for matches.

Bullsh1t.

I give two weeks wages for a straight red, a warning for two yellows, they tend to give out if you fine them for that.

I've never had any serious problems. Alright, sometimes they may be unhappy at first but I give them the "I'm in charge" talk and they come around pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I was looking at the SI forum yesterday and one of the SI guys said the patch definitely won't be out this week.So fingers crossed it's next week.

I really want to restart my Cork City game with patch 11.3. Hopefully they'll have sorted out fixture congestion in it since they said they'd have a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I was looking at the SI forum yesterday and one of the SI guys said the patch definitely won't be out this week.So fingers crossed it's next week.

I really want to restart my Cork City game with patch 11.3. Hopefully they'll have sorted out fixture congestion in it since they said they'd have a look at it.

are patches not save compatible

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Always save game compatible, even if they need to release a hotfix to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Crosáidí wrote: »
    are patches not save compatible

Ya but i'm running that save off the original 11.0 version. I want to restart with the new database and fixes.

Ya but i'm running that save off the original 11.0 version. I want to restart with the new database and fixes.

Updated database is the only reason to start a new game, all the ME changes and other tweaks will be present in your saves going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Dempsey wrote: »
    Updated database is the only reason to start a new game, all the ME changes and other tweaks will be present in your saves going forward.

Is the next update, an updated database yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I'm doing well, I've won 8 premierships in a row with Gillingham, in addition to 5 Champions Leagues and a rake of FA Cups.

Only thing is that now all the players in my game are regens. Should I start a new game from scratch?

Is the next update, an updated database yeah?

All patches have database changes and you see that when you go to start a new game as there will be different versions of the database to start with.

Hotfixes contain no database changes and usually released when they have made a balls of the patch release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I'm doing well, I've won 8 premierships in a row with Gillingham, in addition to 5 Champions Leagues and a rake of FA Cups.

Only thing is that now all the players in my game are regens. Should I start a new game from scratch?

Wait till they build a new stadium and name it after you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Unlikely that, they just built a huge new stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I won 2 leagues and got a stadium named after me, is it completely random or what?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I won 2 leagues and got a stadium named after me, is it completely random or what?
    I got it after 8-9 years. Random? I could not tell you.

The Stadium is usually named after a club legend to make it easy on themselves as SI cant use sponsorship and other names would see the bugs forum flooded with complaints I would imagine

Started a game with my beloved Scunthorpe United in the Championship. Predicted to finish bottom. Will update at the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

when is the new patch for football manager with january transfers coming out?

I think they have said the 28th?!

Advertisement