Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just after taking the position at Valladolid after taking Limerick as far as I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

the game is starting to annoy me a bit. over the course of my current game (the year is now 2024) ive won the russian league with zenit, the ukranian double with shahktar, the portuguese double with benfica, and the dutch double with benfica. my rep is world class and im regarded as a legend. but i cant the top jobs. not only can i not get the top jobs, i cant get the lower jobs in the top leagues either. it is frustrating. i know the leagues i have won in are lower level, 3 stars etc, but it is annoying not to be able to get a mid table club in italy, span or england. the closest i came was a unsuccessful spell with werder in germany. earlier in the game i had the chance to join newcastle, blackburn and valencia but turned them down. but now, seasons on, lots more trophies i cant seem to get any decent job. i am currently with psv going into my third season with them, will give them one more year and would like to move on again then, anyone know where i am coming from and have similar frustration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I see a lot of LOI transfers are done in 11.3.0. Fingal are still in the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

the game is starting to annoy me a bit. over the course of my current game (the year is now 2024) ive won the russian league with zenit, the ukranian double with shahktar, the portuguese double with benfica, and the dutch double with benfica. my rep is world class and im regarded as a legend. but i cant the top jobs. not only can i not get the top jobs, i cant get the lower jobs in the top leagues either. it is frustrating. i know the leagues i have won in are lower level, 3 stars etc, but it is annoying not to be able to get a mid table club in italy, span or england. the closest i came was a unsuccessful spell with werder in germany. earlier in the game i had the chance to join newcastle, blackburn and valencia but turned them down. but now, seasons on, lots more trophies i cant seem to get any decent job. i am currently with psv going into my third season with them, will give them one more year and would like to move on again then, anyone know where i am coming from and have similar frustration?

did you try resigning from your current job and applying for positions then? The reason I think you arent getting any offers is because of the compo the club you want to go to will have to pay

Also have you updated to 11.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

CiaranC wrote: »
    I see a lot of LOI transfers are done in 11.3.0. Fingal are still in the game though.

Yeah, its stupid.

Can they be "edited" out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

saturn in russia remain in the game as well, and they get absolutely hockied every match....they manage to keep the score down to 5 and 6 once the transfer window comes...before that tho they get thrased by double digits every week(including losing to spartak moscow 17-0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The deadline for transfer data for the researcher for the LOI was 2nd of Feb so he didn't know what form the league was going to take so he had to guess at it given it was all up in the air at the time. Most transfers that occured after that date weren't included either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Yeah, its stupid.

Can they be "edited" out?
    Yes, I will try to complete the transfers and set up the leagues correctly (add in the A League and the tiers of LSL and MSL). Ill post it up here when Im done.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Some of them are done, but a lot of teams are woefully out of date, Shels still have players at the team that left at the end of 2009, and only have a few of the new signings for this season included.
    I've been working on updating transfers and stuff since the patch came out and added the A Championship and Leinster Senior Cup, but I'm not sure of the formats of these for this season so it may not been too accurate.
    Also, Cobh are present in the first division, I've left this as it is because otherwise the whole league structure would have to be re-done, if youre working on a better database I'd download it, and if anyone wants a look at what I have done I can upload that to here too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Lads i got my FM 11 for *free :D do you know if i can get the update and run it properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm about to lose a really great regen I just bought after 6 months.
    I was so happy after my €4.8m offer was accepted that I didn't care what terms he wanted and I ignored the lame €9m release clause. Now Inter, Hamburg, Leverkusen and Bayern are sniffing around trying to get him. Can't get him to sign a new deal either because he wants a 9k p/w increase, worth it but my board wont allow it :mad:.

And what the feck is it with torn calf muscles. Since I installed the patch I've had 4 players go down with calf injuries and my first player go down with a broken leg. Probably a coincidence or my Felix Magath approach to training but I'm blaming the patch :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Think I'll ditch my long-standing LFC game and restart with Madrid for the epic spending!

I do this and Madrid give me 7 million pounds to spend! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I'm about to cry. I sold two players in the January window and offered him an improved deal without a release clause which he accepted. In comes Bayern with a €9.75m + future incentives bid. The chairman only stepped in and accepted the bid. Inter also offered €12m + FI's. Shakhtar €15m and Sapdoria €13m.

My best fookin player

Now I don't have Stephane Sessegnon or Konda.

Dirk Müller is a p*ick, go die.

edit: it gets worse. I just realised that all the offers are f**k all up front. €10m+ over a 24 month period.

:mad::mad:

Players are ten a penny, you should have a good scouting network in place and have the next Stephane Sessegnon or Konda ready to be plucked from obscurity and built into a superstar. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Finally enjoying a good game at the moment. Started out as English manager as its more fun than Irish one :D Walked the group qualified easy, played a fully Under 23 squad in the final game, U23 players that aren't regulars so no Micah Richards etc. Lost 2-1 but it was a good performance.

But just got the Coventry job they were 13th when I took over and a long list of injuries, first game in charge was Nottingham Forest, only had 4 defenders, had to call up youths for the bench. Lost 2-0 in a dissapointing game, but I rushed into it so next game against Watford I took my time, did tactics and all that business and beat them 2-0 and then beat Southampton 1-0. Freddy Eastwood scored all 3 goals I have scored so if he gets injured I am screwed :D.

Have to wait until January to get some transfers in but I reckon I need a striker, an ACM and then a couple of Defenders. But its looking like a bit of fun, relying on Gary Deegan to carry the team as long with Eastwood :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Liverpool Managers here, how are you finding Suarez and Carroll up front?
    Suarez is fine, but Carroll is slightly worrying me. No goals from 5-6 appearences. Might take some time for those two to work together. Its looking better tho after each game

After a dodgy start to the season, drawing with Spurs, westham and chelsea, losing against Sunderland I thought I was pulling a Hodgson because we are doing well in the Europa :p
    Just after beating Man Utd (in the EPL) now so hopefully this will be kick start to the season. Carroll couldnt have a picked a better game to score in lol.
    I do this and Madrid give me 7 million pounds to spend! :o

Thats what you get now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yakult wrote: »
    Suarez is fine, but Carroll is slightly worrying me. No goals from 5-6 appearences. Might take some time for those two to work together. Its looking better tho after each game

After a dodgy start to the season, drawing with Spurs, westham and chelsea, losing against Sunderland I thought I was pulling a Hodgson because we are doing well in the Europa :p
    Just after beating Man Utd (in the EPL) now so hopefully this will be kick start to the season. Carroll couldnt have a picked a better game to score in lol.

I'm finding the injuries to both preventing them from performing :( Suarez just returned from a 6 week injury, and Carroll is still out for another 2/3 months for a torn calf muscle.

May well have to ask for funds for a new striker in the January as neither Kuyt, NGog or my new fella Vossen are finding the net with any regularity. My centre backs are keeping me in the wins with Phil Jones, Agger, Carra and Socky getting the goals from corners and frees as are my wide midfielders Hazard and Maxi.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

flash1080 wrote: »
    The LOI is unplayable. Players positions are completely wrong. Current and potential abilities are completely wrong for loads of players. There's a load of transfers from before the deadline that haven't been sorted. And now the teams are wrong.
    Yes, I will try to complete the transfers and set up the leagues correctly (add in the A League and the tiers of LSL and MSL). Ill post it up here when Im done.

Its being worked on by Ciaran, Flash.

I dont understand how they could fcuk it up so much tho.

Maybe head over to SI forums and report? it if it hasnt been already

http://community.sigames.com/

louthguy25 wrote: »
    Lads i got my FM 11 for *free :D do you know if i can get the update and run it properly

Not too sure, only way to know if to go and download the latest patch and see!!

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I'm finding the injuries to both preventing them from performing :( Suarez just returned from a 6 week injury, and Carroll is still out for another 2/3 months for a torn calf muscle.

May well have to ask for funds for a new striker in the January as neither Kuyt, NGog or my new fella Vossen are finding the net with any regularity. My centre backs are keeping me in the wins with Phil Jones, Agger, Carra and Socky getting the goals from corners and frees as are my wide midfielders Hazard and Maxi.
    Ouch, no injuries up front for me but midfield is getting wiped out along with Agger, Johnson and Aurelio (as per usual). Martin Kelly has been brilliant in Johnsons place, Avg. Rating of 7.40 in 8 games.

I only play one up top man. Carroll seems a bit of a donky to me, and doesn't really suit a passing game. I ain't too sure yet though, he has 0 goals in the league in 3 apps, but he has 3 in 2 in Europe, whereas, Hazard and Suarez both have 4 league goals, and Hazard has something like 8 assits.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Just done this earlier, fantastic achievement :cool:, took 11 years to get into the group stages mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Van Der Vaart just retired at 32 to become a scout - wtf.

I'm about to save my game and turn it off till I find out about this injury crap. I got 2 more torn hammys. It's a joke.

• Advertisement

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Van Der Vaart just retired at 32 to become a scout - wtf.

I'm about to save my game and turn it off till I find out about this injury crap. I got 2 more torn hammys. It's a joke.

Going by this season, IRL, he'll be lucky to see 30 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I shifted my wages into transfers to allow me to buy Hazard. Then in November the board gave me another 8 million to spend.

Hopefully I can bring in a decent young backup for Alonso.

EDIT: Wow, in one match I lost 3 important players all for 2+ months with broken bones. Awesome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Finally got around to starting a new game with Liverpool after the update. Bought Taye Taiwo, Eden Hazard and Romelu Lukaku. Taiwo has been a monster at left back, definitely recommend buying him. Lukaku has had an ok start, got an injury which ruled him out for 8 weeks though. As for Hazard, WOW, has had some amazing performances so far.

A bit disappointed with Carroll and Suarez so far though, although Andy just got both goals in a 2-0 win over United.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I havent noticed anything serious in my game, i think ive only had 1 player out for more than 2 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Bertser wrote: »
    Just done this earlier, fantastic achievement :cool:, took 11 years to get into the group stages mind :D

You only had an attendance of 550 for a european match.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone else feel like that FM11 is fundamentally broken? I'm having no where near as fun as I had been in FM10.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

You only had an attendance of 550 for a european match.:eek:

Stadium only has 550 seats, they won't expand it or build a new one, wish there was an option to ask the board to turn terraces into seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

fine for me.

TBH, ive no problem with training, sounds like your custom schedules werent good enough tbh

• Advertisement

What a mistake it was not signing a decent left full. Aurelio keeps getting injured or suspended and Konchesky and Wilson ain't good enough

Advertisement