Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

What a mistake it was not signing a decent left full. Aurelio keeps getting injured or suspended and Konchesky and Wilson ain't good enough

You got that right... I made that mistake the first time around. This time, I splashed £17 million on Aly Cissokho. I also have an agreement to sign Davide Santon when his contract expires.

If you're coming towards January, or so, then Taiwo and Santon's contracts are up the following summer...if you can hold out til then that is.

In my game Cissokho is my main LB, Aurelio is backup and Robinson is 3rd choice. Konchesky is rotting in the reserves until I can ship him out. As useless in game life as he is irl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You got that right... I made that mistake the first time around. This time, I splashed £17 million on Aly Cissokho. I also have an agreement to sign Davide Santon when his contract expires.

If you're coming towards January, or so, then Taiwo and Santon's contracts are up the following summer...if you can hold out til then that is.

In my game Cissokho is my main LB, Aurelio is backup and Robinson is 3rd choice. Konchesky is rotting in the reserves until I can ship him out. As useless in game life as he is irl

Aye! Month away from January :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Throw Johnson there and put kelly on the right ;)

Another match, another injury. Johnson out for 3 months :( Wouldnt mind but he was only back from a injury 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Groundsman no longer asks me what pitch size I want. Opened thread on SI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Yakult wrote: »
    Throw Johnson there and put kelly on the right ;)

Another match, another injury. Johnson out for 3 months :( Wouldnt mind but he was only back from a injury 3 games.

Forgot to mention that Johnson is out injured too mate! Haha

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im actually shocked by Konchesky in the update. I sold Aurelio straight away as he is too injury prone and brought in Taye Taiwo but he was suspended so i had to play Konchesky at left back, he popped up with 3 assists in his first game, i left him in for the next match and he got a goal and an assist. He is going to be hard to drop.

I jinxed myself by saying i hadnt seen any long term injuries. I just had to reload a save after my laptop died, luckily there was an auto save a week before so only had to replay 2 games. First match i lost Gerrard to a broken leg for 5-6 months, second match i lost Konchesky for 3 months and during the international break i lost Hazard for 3-4 months.

Could this possibly be there on purpose to stop people cheating by reloading games to replay matches?

Melion wrote: »
    I jinxed myself by saying i hadnt seen any long term injuries. I just had to reload a save after my laptop died, luckily there was an auto save a week before so only had to replay 2 games. First match i lost Gerrard to a broken leg for 5-6 months, second match i lost Konchesky for 3 months and during the international break i lost Hazard for 3-4 months.

Could this possibly be there on purpose to stop people cheating by reloading games to replay matches?
    I havent reloaded any games and Im still getting a injury per game. Its annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

ive honestly not lost any players am i just lucky

Havent lost any players either (only a groundsman)

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Havent lost any players either (only a groundsman)

Maybe he moved on to pastures new :pac: (couldn't resist)

Don't know what's the story with the injuries, a few people have commented on the same problem in my SI thread, with them replying saying it requires
    a large sample and time period
    before they acknowledge it as a bug.

All I know is, that over the past 30 odd games of a new season since the patch, I've had a very large increase in injuries, both long and short term.

Tempted to back to 11.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mc Love wrote: »
    Tempted to back to 11.2?

Cant on steam anyways

Im gonna just play on. If the problem keeps persisting each season Im just gonna head back to FM10 untill they sort it out.

why is steven fletcher so good in the game? so dumb

Does anyone know a player similar to Xabi Alonso? Wanted to sign him but he wasnt having any of it.

pedretti

partyndbs wrote: »
    pedretti

He's not too bad, old tho.

Pre-season after my first season and have agreed deals to sign Ashley Young and Alexis Sanchez for Liverpool, both for €18m but i only need one. Which would be the better deal?

Melion wrote: »
    Pre-season after my first season and have agreed deals to sign Ashley Young and Alexis Sanchez for Liverpool, both for €18m but i only need one. Which would be the better deal?

Sanchez... play him in the attacking forward right position as an advanced forward, free to roam and watch the goals fly in

• Advertisement

He's not too bad, old tho.
    valero then off west brom, only thing is hes on loan to villarreal in first season

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

anyone any tips on how to improve youth recruitment

Does anyone know a player similar to Xabi Alonso? Wanted to sign him but he wasnt having any of it.

Steven Defour?
    Junior D wrote: »
    anyone any tips on how to improve youth recruitment

Send your scouts to areas they know well, with a minimum age of player to be scouted around 16/17. Ask the board to improve youth recruitment (they've turned down repeated requests from me), also look to build up a good level of feeder clubs especially for looking to sign young players.

Steven Defour?

ahh cant believe I forgot him.
    Sanchez... play him in the attacking forward right position as an advanced forward, free to roam and watch the goals fly in

How about Sanchez v Hazard? Debating who I'll buy first..

ahh cant believe I forgot him.

Makes for a darn good captain and corner taker too
    How about Sanchez v Hazard? Debating who I'll buy first..

In my previous game prior to the patch, I'd both... was tear inducing brilliance :pac:

In that battle though I'd plump for which you'd rather have. Sanchez is very much a goal scorer and Hazard is a goal creator.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Send your scouts to areas they know well, with a minimum age of player to be scouted around 16/17. Ask the board to improve youth recruitment (they've turned down repeated requests from me), also look to build up a good level of feeder clubs especially for looking to sign young players.

I've tried the feeder clubs but im sligo so the only feeder clubs are 1st division irish.
    What im lookin for is to produce my own quality players. My youth facilities are state of the art but the players produced are only average premier division players at very best. Have no first team players produced through youth system

I did the double over them in my first season with Liverpool. 2-0 at Anfield and 4-0 at OT, very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

sorry if this has bn done to death, but i just got the game an was wondering does anyone know the best youth players to snap up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Liverpool Managers here, how are you finding Suarez and Carroll up front?

They done well for me, with ball played to Carroll's head and Suarez poacher or
    Advanced Forward, can't remember which. Carroll is playing well for my England squad as well.

Anyway playing as Coventry as well as England manager (Started as England manager and Coventry gaffer got sacked) but am struggling a bit. Just after bringing in an experienced player to help my cause. The main man himself, Mr. Rivaldo :D Played 1 game and didn't do too much and was too tired to play the game after :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Just wondering if anyone knows how to patch the demo or is it possible?

Advertisement