Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

sorry if this has bn done to death, but i just got the game an was wondering does anyone know the best youth players to snap up?

Check out these threads (more so the second one for young players)

Player Recommendations
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056096663

Prospects
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056149257

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

hhah ****in kun :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Injuries since 11.3 are ruining the game! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Injuries since 11.3 are ruining the game! :(

Yup, I've gone back to my old game pre patch until they sort something out. The fact that they aren't recognising it as a bug in my SI thread fills me with zero confidence that they'll fix it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Most of the injuries I've gotten in 11.3 have been from matches not training is that what others have experienced?

I do have a high level of intensity in training but I haven't noticed many more injuries from that since the new update. Would it be down to the tackling level (easy, normal, hard) that other teams play against you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So started a game with Barcelona. Won the League and Cup in my first season. Got a whopping 140m to spend for next year :pac:

The unstoppable Barca now has Jovetic, Sneijder, Robben and Evra added to their ranks :pac:

why jovetic? hardly barca standard

Ridiculous amount of injuries last season. Needed him as cover. Good signing I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Won the UEFA Cup with Valladolid - beating Juventus 4-2. Thrilling final :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yakult wrote: »
    This game is starting to bug the hell out of me. Missing stats, injuries, what next!?!
    As each year passes and another FM comes out im getting less and less into it.

They seem to spend less time doing quality testing etc and just release any piece of sh!t filled with bugs and fix it with patches later.

I havent even played FM 11 that much this year, and around the time of the CM/FM split I was easily a 10-15 hours stint type of player. Now i wouldnt play it that much in a week!

If the next FM is the same, it will be the last one im going to buy.

• Advertisement

I wasnt a fan of 08 or 09 but they seem to have gotten it right with 10 and 11 and have been playing it like I was addicted to 07.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,924 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The more I read this thread, the happier I am for sticking with FM 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

the game is starting to annoy me a bit. over the course of my current game (the year is now 2024) ive won the russian league with zenit, the ukranian double with shahktar, the portuguese double with benfica, and the dutch double with benfica. my rep is world class and im regarded as a legend. but i cant the top jobs. not only can i not get the top jobs, i cant get the lower jobs in the top leagues either. it is frustrating. i know the leagues i have won in are lower level, 3 stars etc, but it is annoying not to be able to get a mid table club in italy, span or england. the closest i came was a unsuccessful spell with werder in germany. earlier in the game i had the chance to join newcastle, blackburn and valencia but turned them down. but now, seasons on, lots more trophies i cant seem to get any decent job. i am currently with psv going into my third season with them, will give them one more year and would like to move on again then, anyone know where i am coming from and have similar frustration?

well after giving out about the above, about 2 days after i posted, real madrid and man utd offered manager jobs on the same day. i took the real job, won the spanish cup in my first season and have assembled a pretty formidable team

i also am in charge on england and am confident of a fine display in the 2026 wc

Fcuking injuries. 7 injuries, 5 over 6 weeks. It's crazy.

wud they eve r****ing fix the mls like jesus come on, the game is unplayable :mad:

whats loi like? gonna try my hand at cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Cristiano Ronaldo doing what he does best.
    Ignoring my bloody instructions about working ball into the box!
    152660.png
    Best part is
    his goal came from a penalty.
    Very next match he does his hamstring and is out for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Just looking through a few fm stories and came across the Ultimate European football manager challenge. You start unemployed with international footballer exp. select the english,french,german,spanish and italian leagues and you have to win a league in each of them and at least 2 CLs and they post your record up you get points for different competitions like doing a treble etc. Heres a link for any1 interested http://allthatisfootballmanager.com/ultimate-european-challenge-rankings/ Best of luck :)

going to start a new game with 11.3 with Limerick after I cant adjust pitch dimensions on 11.2 game

Its being worked on by Ciaran, Flash.

I dont understand how they could fcuk it up so much tho.

Maybe head over to SI forums and report? it if it hasnt been already

Anyone know if the LOI positions problem has been fixed?:mad:

Havent seeing anything yet about it.

Have you gone over to the Sports Interactive forum and reported it?
    I havent played the LoI so I cant comment on it myself, but posting it over there would be the best job so they can fix it next hotpatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

For many players I cant see the statistics on the players page

Picture down below. anyone experiencing the same?

Another bug seems to be when you send players out on loan and get the match reports.
    it doesnt show stats for the player. Just says Cur Ability and Pot Ability.

This game is starting to bug the hell out of me. Missing stats, injuries, what next!?!

Yep, ran into this one too. Very :mad:

I've ran into a load of bugs in this game

The quality of this game gets worse and worse by the iteration. The real problem is that SI, on their forums anyways, defend and defend their position. Its obvious that either they are not testing the game properly or they dont have the manpower to do so. Their reputation of waiting for the game buyers to be their beta testers is growing.

Havent seeing anything yet about it.

Have you gone over to the Sports Interactive forum and reported it?
    I havent played the LoI so I cant comment on it myself, but posting it over there would be the best job so they can fix it next hotpatch.

I dont think there will be a hot patch, but have posted it there anyway

Just going to move recent posts discussion bugs over to the bugs thread, incase you wonder where the hell you're post went! :p

Bit of a dilemma - Stay with Valladolid or take the position at Blackburn Rovers.
    My head says stay with Valladolid while my heart is understandably saying Rovers. I applied to see if I would get it which I have now and I dont know what to do.
    Rovers are playing well and currently in 4th in Premier League in October and Valladolid are on a good run too, finished 5th last season and won the Uefa Cup

I dont know what to do!

Not quite sure what happended in the process of saving the game, I was offered a contract by Valladolid but there is no mention of them asking me in the news or of me asking them for a contract. But the offer is level with Rovers offer so I took the chance of staying put with a two year extension (currently had 20 months left)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Still not had a decent player come through my youth system at any of my clubs.
    Here's the facilities I had at Frankfurt for 3 years straight without a decent talent:
    152831.png

And at Köln I have this:
    152832.png

August 2019 and not one potential starter. Is that normal?. I never usually reach 2019 without getting bored so I don't know :P.

Took me atleast 6-7 years into the game before I started getting any good youth. Maybe one of two would make it, rest again would be all meh.

Also ran into a little niggle here. In Augest players got called for International Friendlys and it was in the time where I was flooded with injuries so withdrew all first team players incase of more injuries. Next thing I know, they ALL get dropped from competitive games. Its been nearly a year since and not one call up.

It was only a friendly a removed them from as you cant withdraw players when its a competitive match.

Have cleaned up this thread a bit more guys. Moved alot of posts (more to come from many more pages :p) that qualify as snapshots of your story to the appropriate thread.

So if you are posting an update of your season, be it small or large post it over in the designated thread pwease :)

More threads going on the various topics the better.

Will I sticky the Snapshot thread or is it fine where it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

One stupid thing that is really annoying about this game. If a team plays the ball over the top and the striker chases it with the defender a few yards in front of him. The defender gets to the ball first but instead of smacking it away first time or passing it back to the keeper he takes a touch, gets challenged by the striker and falls down EVERY TIME, then the striker is 1 on 1 with the keeper. So f**king stupid because it doesn't happen. I got knocked out of the champions league because of it one time and I just lost a league game in the 84th minute because of it.

edit: Also, what is the best way to play Lukaku?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

^^^^Video set to private (fixed I see)

That's one of the things that grates me. I had a replay where the ball had bounced off the post, keeper runs to save or clear it and belts it into the net

On Lukaku, I've had a lot of success playing him as a lone striker, set to complete striker. As he's actually a decent player I've also set the ball up to him as mixed rather than to head.

Advertisement