Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I am actually ready to fvck my laptop out the window at the moment. Had a 16year old absolute wonderkid and every club bidding for him, and my chairman accepts a 17million bid from Real Madrid.

So mad - i went into FMRTE and altered his stats so he isnt as good!

FUMING!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

aaronh007 wrote: »
    ^^^^Video set to private (fixed I see)

That's one of the things that grates me. I had a replay where the ball had bounced off the post, keeper runs to save or clear it and belts it into the net

On Lukaku, I've had a lot of success playing him as a lone striker, set to complete striker. As he's actually a decent player I've also set the ball up to him as mixed rather than to head.

Cheers. I played him as a lone striker and he had 7 in 12, 4 in 3 in Europe. But then the injury bug decided to f**k me over again - Lukaku broken ankle, regen backup striker tore his hamstring and my regen midfielder tore his calf muscle. All in the space of 10 days so I quit :mad:. I'm starting a new game on 11.2 where these crazy injuries don't happen.
    Edit:
    Oh, some weird things that happened in that 11 year game I just quit:

Until I bought Lukaku in 2020, he was still playing for Anderlecht and knocking in 25+ goals a year, very suprised that he was still there and not at a bigger team.
    It took Man City 8 seasons of high spending until they finally won the Premier League.
    In 2020 Serie A was the best league in Europe, La Liga 2nd, EPL 3rd and Bundesliga 4th.
    Jurgen Klopp, one of the best managers in Germany, took over as manager of Red Bull Leipzig in the German 3.Liga in 2018 - WTF.
    FC St.Pauli fell from the Bundesliga to the Regionalliga(4th tier). They finally got to renew their rivalry with Hamburg down there. Hamburg Reserves that is :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

Yakult wrote: »
    Took me atleast 6-7 years into the game before I started getting any good youth. Maybe one of two would make it, rest again would be all meh.

Also ran into a little niggle here. In Augest players got called for International Friendlys and it was in the time where I was flooded with injuries so withdrew all first team players incase of more injuries. Next thing I know, they ALL get dropped from competitive games. Its been nearly a year since and not one call up.

It was only a friendly a removed them from as you cant withdraw players when its a competitive match.

realistic i suppose, well depends what you mean by good but it be retarded if just coz u had a top class academy ud be churning out wonderkids year in year out. for every ste gerrard theres a neil mellor, for ever y messi theres a
    gio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Cheers. I played him as a lone striker and he had 7 in 12, 4 in 3 in Europe. But then the injury bug decided to f**k me over again - Lukaku broken ankle, regen backup striker tore his hamstring and my regen midfielder tore his calf muscle. All in the space of 10 days so I quit :mad:. I'm starting a new game on 11.2 where these crazy injuries don't happen.
    Edit:
    Oh, some weird things that happened in that 11 year game I just quit:

Until I bought Lukaku in 2020, he was still playing for Anderlecht and knocking in 25+ goals a year, very suprised that he was still there and not at a bigger team.
    It took Man City 8 seasons of high spending until they finally won the Premier League.
    In 2020 Serie A was the best league in Europe, La Liga 2nd, EPL 3rd and Bundesliga 4th.
    Jurgen Klopp, one of the best managers in Germany, took over as manager of Red Bull Leipzig in the German 3.Liga in 2018 - WTF.
    FC St.Pauli fell from the Bundesliga to the Regionalliga(4th tier). They finally got to renew their rivalry with Hamburg down there. Hamburg Reserves that is :D.

how da fck were red bull still down there in 2018, no way will that happen irl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    One stupid thing that is really annoying about this game. If a team plays the ball over the top and the striker chases it with the defender a few yards in front of him. The defender gets to the ball first but instead of smacking it away first time or passing it back to the keeper he takes a touch, gets challenged by the striker and falls down EVERY TIME, then the striker is 1 on 1 with the keeper. So f**king stupid because it doesn't happen. I got knocked out of the champions league because of it one time and I just lost a league game in the 84th minute because of it.

edit: Also, what is the best way to play Lukaku?

I also hate the way an opponents keeper or yours takes a kickout, a defender/midfielder heads it back in the direction of the kickout and a striker is through on goal. It's not very common but it just kills the realism when a clearing header turns into a defense splitting header in the air.

Lukaku did well as a target man along side another striker as a poacher playing a 4-4-2. He's pretty beastly and could do complete striker role once he's fully matured. If he's got wingers, inside forwards or wing backs crossing for him I'd go as target man if you play with advanced playmakers and try control possession go with complete striker once his technique & passing improves sufficiently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone know if a theres been a fix for the LOI made available yet with the correct league structure and updated transfers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone know if a theres been a fix for the LOI made available yet with the correct league structure and updated transfers?

Nope. And as far as I'm aware it ain't gonna happen either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just played 2 games this afternoon. Beat Chelsea 5-2 at Anfield and the week after got stuffed 0-4 by Sunderland, strange game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Melion wrote: »
    Just played 2 games this afternoon. Beat Chelsea 5-2 at Anfield and the week after got stuffed 0-4 by Sunderland, strange game!

I found that winning against the "bigger" sides like Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and United was easier than against the so called "lesser" teams like Sunderland, Bolton, Stoke.

This I discovered was down to my players being overconfident against the smaller teams. When in press conferences I started choosing the options that sound like you're doubting your teams ability to beat a side like Sunderland. This can go both ways though, some players perform better than usual and some just don't perform at all.

The first time I tried this (against Blackburn I think) I used it as a sort of litmus test to see how players reacted. Most were highly motivated but 2 or 3 were underperforming. For the next game then against West Ham if I remember correctly, I said the same thing (doubting whether they could win) and dropped the players that reacted badly the last time. This time however there was just the 1 player not performing.

It takes some fine tuning but ultimately your goal should be to stop your players from becoming overconfident against teams of a lower reputation to yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

SantryRed wrote: »
    Nope. And as far as I'm aware it ain't gonna happen either.

I'm not on about an official one from SI but an unofficial data edit or something. Theres a few out with updated transfers for other leagues all right. But i haven't managed to find a LOI one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I ****ing hate byteshield.... Once again, it seems to be down so I cant play the game.

Just about to encounter my first genuine reason to be pissed off at this game. Just played a Europa League match against Spartak Moscow(away) on a Thursday night and have a FA Cup Quarter-Final away against Chelsea at 12.45 on the fúcking SATURDAY!!!!!!!

^Yeah, fixtures can get pretty tied up. Hasnt happened to me so far in 11.3, alot in 11.2.

Beat Chelsea 2-1 in the cup, had to play Spartak the Thursday after and lost on away goals AET :(. Just about to finish my second season now, hunting City down for the title and we still have to play each other.

What would you know, jinxed myself :p Europa final and Everton a day after. Ah well, I wont win the Epl this year and I won the final, s'all good. :D

My lack of favorable draws in any sort of cup competition continues

Picture1-6.png

The "prize" of winning the tie is a match against either Barça or Spartak

^And I cannot not see Barca losing to Spartak :pac:

Has anyone bought Paulo Henrique? Have the chance to buy him, be it for €38m tho. Just dont know is he worth the punt..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's only a minor thing, but what's really bugging me is that whenever a penalty is given it's 99% certain to be a goal. Very occasionally one may get skied over the bar, but the keepers rarely even make an effort to save them, and when they do they're nowhere near saving the shot. It's a bit unrealistic and annoying. And while I'm on the subject of penalties, why are none ever given for handball, only fouls? It was common enough in earlier versions where we just had the 2d dots.

^And I cannot not see Barca losing to Spartak :pac:

Has anyone bought Paulo Henrique? Have the chance to buy him, be it for €38m tho. Just dont know is he worth the punt..

Well I won... but my god did I lose to Barça in the semi :( 4-1 on aggregate. And what's worse is that I took the lead in the first game 1-0. Lost 4-0 at Camp Nou.

On Paulo Henrique... I signed him when I was Dortmund manager. Excellent player as an AM/playmaker CM. Doesn't get as many goals as I thought he might but he gets a lot of assists and draws a lot of fouls in and around the box. Works very well with quick passing players. I'd Kagawa, Gotze and Grosskreutz in and around him and they were all pretty good at playing one-two's and created plenty of chances.

If you have players in that position then I dunno would he be worth it, considering Hazard is slightly better than him... in my opinion obviously...

Zaph wrote: »
    It's only a minor thing, but what's really bugging me is that whenever a penalty is given it's 99% certain to be a goal. Very occasionally one may get skied over the bar, but the keepers rarely even make an effort to save them, and when they do they're nowhere near saving the shot. It's a bit unrealistic and annoying. And while I'm on the subject of penalties, why are none ever given for handball, only fouls? It was common enough in earlier versions where we just had the 2d dots.

Yeah, rarely do they miss but sometimes they can be saved and that's another thing I noticed, when your looking at Keeper stats theirs nothing about penalty stopping? Unless its based on Reflexes and one on ones or something?
    I think I've gotten a few handballs, not sure but its not very common that's for sure!!
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    Well I won... but my god did I lose to Barça in the semi :( 4-1 on aggregate. And what's worse is that I took the lead in the first game 1-0. Lost 4-0 at Camp Nou.

On Paulo Henrique... I signed him when I was Dortmund manager. Excellent player as an AM/playmaker CM. Doesn't get as many goals as I thought he might but he gets a lot of assists and draws a lot of fouls in and around the box. Works very well with quick passing players. I'd Kagawa, Gotze and Grosskreutz in and around him and they were all pretty good at playing one-two's and created plenty of chances.

If you have players in that position then I dunno would he be worth it, considering Hazard is slightly better than him... in my opinion obviously...
    Unlucky man! I always park the bus with Barca/Real. 4-2-3-1 defensive with two DM. Draw them on and hope I cant withstand the pressure then hit them on the counter. Barca arent easy, always get them or Real in the Semi's.

I think I'll pass on him so, have enough in the midfield to do the job. Will get him at some stage tho!! Always looked like an appealing player

• Advertisement

Unlucky man! I always park the bus with Barca/Real. 4-2-3-1 defensive with two DM. Draw them on and hope I cant withstand the pressure then hit them on the counter. Barca arent easy, always get them or Real in the Semi's.

I think I'll pass on him so, have enough in the midfield to do the job. Will get him at some stage tho!! Always looked like an appealing player

That's where I went wrong :p I went and tried to score as many as possible in the 1st leg at home and due to some terrible shooting from my entire forward line, went 3 up top, from Aguero, Sanchez and Suarez and it took a bullet header from my main man Phil Jones to win the tie.

2nd leg, I went defensive until I conceded the third. Switched a DM for Wickham (my last fit striker) and it went all to pot.

Henrique is some player though for if/when you do decide to get him. In my old 'pool game I played him as a central AM with Hazard and Sanchez wide of him... it was glorious :pac: He could play against Stoke on a cold Wednesday night :p

Anyone got an experience of Mario Balotelli?
    I only have Carroll, Lukaku and Pacheco as strikers ready for first team football, Lukaku keeps getting injured. Have just had an 18m bid accepted and contract accepted for Super Mario from City Reserves. Should i go ahead with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've found the opposite with penos. In my first season Akinfeev saved 3 and Szczesny 1. Even the ones they let in they seemed to guess the right way and any of the penos I scored the opposition keeper guessed the correct direction a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Does anyone else find the shooting to be really off?

Like I'll nearly always have at least 20 shots in a game but never seem to score any decent percentage of them, even from inside the box.

At the same time my players sometimes tend to shoot from absolutely ridiculous angles sometimes instead of squaring the ball which does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

On Mario Balotelli im in my 5th season now and i quit Barcelona to try my hand at another team so i took on Villa... i just got offered Mario for 2.2 million and my scouts said dont touch him haha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

im getting tired of shamrock rovers, think i've taken them as far as i can with the quarters of the europa league,

So gonna try and get a job with pompey, seems like a challenge, 16 squad members, no money and league 1, trying to unsettle the manager too by commenting about him in the press every week,

I feel like being a prick in this one :D just to other managers not my boys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Where do you find the list of unlocked achievements?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Go onto Steam > Library > FM11 and it should come up once you click the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Got totally fed up of the crap update that was 11.3 - uninstalled / re-installed the game, patched to 11.2.1 and off we go again.

Can't believe S.I would release a patch to be so god damn flawed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Decided to start a new game with Brighton. Doing quiet well at the moment, in the semi final of the Carling cup having knocked the likes of Watford, Forest( both on peno's out) leceister out. Ive to play Wolves in the semi final.

In the league im doing quiet well leading at the top although we are only in Decemeber.

Signed some good players such as Shane Duffy, and Danny Pacheco on loans for the season and dont have to pay their wages. Also signed Stephen Hughes, he used to play for Arsenal, although he is 33 in the game. My best free signing has been Oliver Kapo. He is a gem in the game.

Made a huge Boo Boo though. Seen the likes of cardiff and watford were interested in signing Adriano on a free so i thought he was the Brazilian one has he was Brazilian and in around the same age and the stats were nearly the same, but upon signing him he was a completely different Adriano. Blew my wage budget too on him. :(

Advertisement