Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Got totally fed up of the crap update that was 11.3 - uninstalled / re-installed the game, patched to 11.2.1 and off we go again.

Can't believe S.I would release a patch to be so god damn flawed.

Aye, its a shame alright. Im still playing on with 11.3 because Im not going start a new game for the fourth time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Is there a way you can pump your transfer budget back into the club?

The clubs finances have been going dowhill over the past two years which I don't like to see. I have a £65M transfer budget just sitting there that I've no intention of using either so I'm hoping I can put it back into the club to improve the lookf of the finances.

I'd really like to be able to negotiate your own sponsorhip deals etc when they run out as the board never seem to get a decent deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Frisbee wrote: »

The clubs finances have been going dowhill over the past two years which I don't like to see. I have a £65M transfer budget just sitting there that I've no intention of using either so I'm hoping I can put it back into the club to improve the lookf of the finances.

I'd really like to be able to negotiate your own sponsorhip deals etc when they run out as the board never seem to get a decent deal.

The transfer budget isnt money thats set aside though, its badly based on your projections for the season.

Sounds like you are in a similar situation to one that I manipulated in my current game.

I posted this thread on the SI forums last week

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/261631-Stupid-Financial-Controls

Seems like you have to do the chief executive's and the financial directors job aswell as being a football manager.

The more I play FM11, the less likely I am to buy FM12

• Registered Users Posts: 33,254 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just don't spend the money and it'll do pretty much that in a roundabout way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

To save my club money, somewhat anyway, I've started negotiating for the lowest possible wage when going for a new contract.

Recently I've been fairly successful, latter stages of the CL, the odd cup win, high in the league (winners twice in four seasons) yet my clubs finances are in free fall and I'm still being given massive transfer budgets. I've taken to using as little as possible, adding youth rather than forking out big fees for players and have a large percentage left over at the end of the season, yet I can't do anything with it.

What is annoying me though is that every year I've tried to get better youth facilities built but at the end of the time bar given for the build it says that the building has been cancelled as there's no money available. Same thing happened when I tried to get a new stadium built. I waited 4 years and at the end of the 4 years it was cancelled due to lack of money. Wanted to throw the laptop out of the window :mad:

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    To save my club money, somewhat anyway, I've started negotiating for the lowest possible wage when going for a new contract.

Same :D

I wanted to work for like 10k a week but the minimum the board will offer is 115 :pac:

Same :D

I wanted to work for like 10k a week but the minimum the board will offer is 115 :pac:

Haha... I'm not worth that much to my board :(:p Currently on 35,000 but contract renewal is due soon as I only negotiate 2 year deals. I'm rarely one for loyalty by signing long term deals :pac:

Reina injured for 6 months, sickner :( Brad Jones is the only back-up I have too and hes **** tbh

Also in real life if you have only one fit keeper you can get a emergency loan for a back-up, I take it thats not in the game?

Yakult wrote: »
    Reina injured for 6 months, sickner :( Brad Jones is the only back-up I have too and hes **** tbh

Also in real life if you have only one fit keeper you can get a emergency loan for a back-up, I take it thats not in the game?

If all you're keepers get injured you'll see some shíte keeper appear out of nowhere in your squad that you've never signed. Happened me in the last game. Only happens if all you're keepers get injured though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Brad Jones played class for me for the month Reina was out injured... Although, 6 months is a shocking injury time.

• Advertisement

Pastore, Wilshere, Hazard, Walcott, Vela and Lukaku all at the olympics.

Coupled with Sakho, Luiz, Fabregas, Nasri, Sagna, van den Borre, Clichy and Gibbs all being injured. All this combined got me off to an absolutely shocking start to the season.

Beaten by Fulham, narrow win over Bolton and hammered by Liverpool in my first three games.

Pastore, Wilshere, Hazard, Walcott, Vela and Lukaku all at the olympics.

Coupled with Sakho, Luiz, Fabregas, Nasri, Sagna, van den Borre, Clichy and Gibbs all being injured. All this combined got me off to an absolutely shocking start to the season.

Beaten by Fulham, narrow win over Bolton and hammered by Liverpool in my first three games.

How are you a Soccer Mod?! :pac:

Happened me with Paulo Henrique, signed him for €45m to Celtic, does a small bit of pre-season and then whisked off the to Olympics. I was fully expecting him to come back with either a broken leg or cruciate ligament damage. Luckily he came back in one piece.

If all you're keepers get injured you'll see some shíte keeper appear out of nowhere in your squad that you've never signed. Happened me in the last game. Only happens if all you're keepers get injured though I think.
    Think I remember reading about that actually! Suppose Jones will do a better job than some crappy keeper :p
    Brad Jones played class for me for the month Reina was out injured... Although, 6 months is a shocking injury time.

Out of all my game time this is the 2nd time Reina has been injured (fm10/11) so I've gotten pretty used to having a rock in between the goals.
    Thank god for Kelly in CB, really amazed by how good he has been, saving Jones ass and mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I think it happens if you only have 1 goalkeeper as well. I am managing Barnsley and when I took over they only had 1 goalkeeper, and I have a greyed out goalkeeper there that is useless.

While I am in here :D the game is after annoying me a bit there. I took over as Barnsley manager 4 months ago, they were 17th, when I signed, Garry O'Conner was the star player, but I never got to play him as he had signed a contract with Hibs and was going the next week when the transfer window opens.

But now the fans are giving out about letting him go. Like I had an option in the deal. Very silly thing.

Dempsey wrote: »
    How are you a Soccer Mod?! :pac:

Pot luck. :pac:
    Think I remember reading about that actually! Suppose Jones will do a better job than some crappy keeper :p

Yup my super duper 18 year old keeper from Thailand. Thank God I never had to play him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Got the game on Monday, but I've only really started playing it yesterday and today. Started with Spurs, lost all but 1 pre-season game, but I'm unbeaten in 6 since the season started.

Only change I made to the first team was signing Baines. I got Mahmadou Diarra for €2 million and Davide Simon(17 yo GK from Fiorentina) for €1 million.

Real Madrid in the CL and Arsenal in the PL are my next two games, so I fully expect my unbeaten run to end.:pac:

EDIT: Lost 2-1 to Madrid at the Bernabeu, but beat Arsenal 1-0 at the Emirates.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

2012/2013 Season

Well not going to go into as much detail as some here but just give you a run through of the important bits.

Started the season as Coventry manager in September, we were 8th or so but I left as I wasn't enjoying it and didn't see much room to advance, and the board were annoying me. So I resigned as I am England manager as well so I knew I had that to keep me occupied.

Fast forward to 1st of January and the Barnsley manager has been sacked so I applied and got the job, press were saying that it shows lack of ambition to drop down a league (Nice touch) But the team was pretty poor. Good goalkeeper in Luke Steele, a couple of good defenders but they will need to be replaced as 2 of them are 32, 1 is 29 and the other is 26, that's my back 4 so they are pushing on a bit and I have very little back up.

The Midfielders were decent if unspectacular, so brought in John Joe O'Toole, Willo Flood and Barry Robson on frees. The main part I needed players though was up front Jack Tuyp looks alright stats wise but never performed, Liam Dickinson is below average. Jamill Adam is decent though. So I brought in loans. Bought Neil Mellor from Preston for 16K the only player I have bought, brought in Borja Baston, Arsenio Valpoort and Ryan Noble. Also brought in Leonardo, a decent looking regen from Arsenal on loan as an AMC.

Took over the club when they were 17th and struggled at 1st but changed formation about tinkered with the players roles etc and went on a run. Got to 8th in the league, and was watching the play off positions then. With 8 games left wasn't hoping for much. Then with 2 games left I was 3 points off 5th and 6th. Won the last 2 and Hull lost and drew theirs so scraped into the Play Offs.

Played Plymouth in the Semi's of the play offs, won 2-0 in the 1st leg. Ross Noble and Arsenio Valpoort the scores. Funnily though Ross Noble shouldn't have been playing, only for Leonardo wasn't fully fit so I dropped Jim O'Brien to AMC and brought in Ross.
    2nd Leg I won 2-1, Valpoort again and Baston this time. They scored in the 8th minute and my nerves were shot :D.

Anyway played Preston in the final, Mellor's old club and you guessed it... He was on the bench :D. The guy I played instead of him though Borja Baston, scored the winner in a boring 1-0 which is just what I wanted.

Absoloutly delighted with the season with Barnsley. Finances are poor but with a bit of money and if I could get the same loan's in we could do well. Gonna get in some defenders though. I am hoping for a 15th or higher finish, any lower and I will be disappointed. But relegation will be heartbreaking. Fun has been restored for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Just ordered it there. Never played before. Should be good :D

As I said already, my current save, I signed Paulo Henrique for €45m on a 5 year contract. Just after January in his 3rd season, I looked to offer him a contract and his agent said that he wasnt interested so I left it and i been checking on a month to month basis coming up to the summer and I was almost resigned to the idea of flogging him to recoup as much of the transfer fee as possible as leaving his contract to the final 12 months and him not looking to renew would have severly weakened my position to sell him for a high price.

Its now May 2015, I managed to get Alex Sandro & Lukaku to sign new 5 year deals, I quickly checked Paulo Henrique again and he was willing to negotiate and quickly came to a very good deal for me, €10k extra p/w, slight increases in bonuses and min release clause of €138m :D

So delighted about keeping him, I had to post it here because loosing him would have started a exodus similar to when Moses wandered out of Egypt :pac:

paulohenrique1.png

The Leg-end himself. Those stats are abit high for what he usually chips in with but its his general play stats that are the important ones for him. Despite being out 2 months this season, he has managed 89% of 1405 passes, 53% of 193 tackles, 72% of 70 headers and ran 373km with 3 matches to play. Only 22 mistakes and none of them leading to goals.

Haris Medunjanin is another AMC I have and he always gets more goals, assists and MoM's than PH but his general play stats are half of what PH gets

He looks great, getting more and more tempted but I have too many midfielders atm. Maybe when Gerrard retires I'll sign him :D
    How much did you get him for btw? They wanted 50m when I tried buying him in 2011.
    Medunjanin is good too, cheap player who is pretty reliable.
    Keno 92 wrote: »
    Just ordered it there. Never played before. Should be good :D
    Enjoy you're life while you still can!! :pac:

• Advertisement

He looks great, getting more and more tempted but I have too many midfielders atm. Maybe when Gerrard retires I'll sign him :D
    How much did you get him for btw? They wanted 50m when I tried buying him in 2011.
    Medunjanin is good too, cheap player who is pretty reliable.

Enjoy you're life while you still can!! :pac:

Medunjanin is my favourite FM11 player. Can be gotten cheaply, can play all the AM positions well but if set up a team around him as AMC/Trequartista then you can break out the cigars and brandy! :pac:

I paid €45m over 48 months for Paulo Henrique but I was constantly getting scout reports like

paulohenrique9.png

I know its a coach report but I all I could see on the scout reports was those stars!!

from Alexandre Ceolin (A scout you never doubt) so I signed him just after his reputation became worldwide at Santos. Could have signed him 2 years earlier for €20m but where is the fun in that! :pac:

Real Madrid have just offered me €60m for him and I will be rejecting and placing a €120m asking price on him. As 'Arry Redknapp said, if you sell players like that you might aswell go home.

Every player I have thinks he's vital to the team too so selling him would be the beginning of the end.

My only gripe is that he still doesnt know English, thats it!

Took the plunge and signed him! 25m :pac: who to shift out now is the next question lol

Can anyone recommend me a decent backup striker? Have Aguero, Lukaku, Carroll and Wickham but don't trust the latter two to lead the line if/when Kun and Rom are out injured...

Carroll is in the last chance saloon with me, hasn't scored in quite a while which often leads me to having to bring on super sub Dirk Kuyt

In an unrelated note, anybody playing as Liverpool finding it hard to sell on Joe Cole? Am coming to the end of my third season and still can't get rid, even with a fee of £0... his wages are ridiculous (£90,000!!) and I could happily do without

Falcao isnt bad, can be gotten for 6m from Porto (unless he has already moved). Excels in Europe mainly but nets a few goals in the premiership.

Falcao isnt bad, can be gotten for 6m from Porto (unless he has already moved). Excels in Europe mainly but nets a few goals in the premiership.

Cheers, looks handy enough. He's playing for Shakhtar at the moment. May need a first choice striker soon... Barça are sniffing round Kun :( and his release clause, which just had to be inserted into his contract :mad:, is only £39 million. Pocket money for them. I've tried to offer him a new contract but there's no way the board will let me give him £300,000 a week.

Yup, you read that right £300,000.... I wonder if he, or his agent have been at daddy-in-law's private stash :p

haha crazy money, I tried signing Benzema (Dont ask why) but he was looking for 300k :O Offered him 230k (He was only on 120k) and he walked away. pr**k :pac:

Check out Juan Manuel Mata too, was great for me in FM10 and pretty similar to Kun.

Hey Yakult, have you played many games with Paulo Henrique yet? Whats your first impressions of him?

Havent got him yet, another 9 days til he joins :( I'll shall let you know how I get on with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I find playing an Advanced Playmaker (A) behind a deep lying forward (A) in a 4-2-3-1 is a great way for maximising your AM's potential.

I've had Nasri in an Arsenal save and Granero with Real get ridiculous ratings over the course of a season and chip in plenty of goals & assists using that formation with IF(A)/AP(A) on the wings with a DLP/BWM in the midfield.

Henrique & Pastore would be a level above them and should do amazing.

• Advertisement

I've been hugely tempted myself to buy Paulo Henrique but I only play one AMC and I already have Pastore in there who has been brilliant for me and Wilshere to cover him. On top of Hazard and Nasri who can both fill in that position I really don't need to buy him but I still want to :pac:

Advertisement