Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Started a new game as Blackpool, won 2/3 so far, this Kornilenko guy is absolute dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Frisbee wrote: »
    I've been hugely tempted myself to buy Paulo Henrique but I only play one AMC and I already have Pastore in there who has been brilliant for me and Wilshere to cover him. On top of Hazard and Nasri who can both fill in that position I really don't need to buy him but I still want to :pac:

I think Ganso and Pastore can play in the same team and actually complement each others game much like Iniesta and Xavi for Barca.

Alot of people think Ganso is best as an MC because of his work ethic so what you could do is Ganso MC/Advanced playmaker/support and Pastore as an AMC/Advanced playmaker/attack. Get yourself a brute of a DM/CM like Moussa Sissoko (I have Sandro) and you'll have a midfield that will open up teams at will.

I made the mistake in thinking that Medunjanin and Ganso couldnt play together, luckily nobody was interested when I tried to flog Medunjanin :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dempsey wrote: »
    I think Ganso and Pastore can play in the same team and actually complement each others game much like Iniesta and Xavi for Barca.

Alot of people think Ganso is best as an MC because of his work ethic so what you could do is Ganso MC/Advanced playmaker/support and Pastore as an AMC/Advanced playmaker/attack. Get yourself a brute of a DM/CM like Moussa Sissoko (I have Sandro) and you'll have a midfield that will open up teams at will.

I made the mistake in thinking that Medunjanin and Ganso couldnt play together, luckily nobody was interested when I tried to flog Medunjanin :o

That would mean selling Cesc though. :pac:

That would mean selling Cesc though. :pac:

CM/Deep Lying Playmaker/Support! Who needs a ball winning midfield when you have a midfield incapable of loosing the ball! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Why is it when an excellent player gets transfer listed I almost always have to try and sign him? Even when I've no need for him or even really want him... no wonder my club's finances are often so dire :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

This game gives me serious OCD. I like to have a really organized team balance, that has gone out the window and its frying my brain :( Considering releasing a few players but I would feel bad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Kranjcar is pissing me off to no end. He keeps saying he wants to leave for a bigger club, so I offered him out 'cause I don't need him, but then when I do that Modric gets bitchy with me and now he wants to leave.:(

Any ideas how to play Lukaku? He can't score for love nor money.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I've got a reserve called Bob Redhead

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

baz2009 wrote: »
    Kranjcar is pissing me off to no end. He keeps saying he wants to leave for a bigger club, so I offered him out 'cause I don't need him, but then when I do that Modric gets bitchy with me and now he wants to leave.:(

Any ideas how to play Lukaku? He can't score for love nor money.

Lukaku is pretty average in mine. His stats have deteriorated quite a bit, although he is still young. He has developed very well for me in other games though. My main strike partnership is Sanogo and Babacar.

5632851084_3528082589_b.jpg

Who tutored him?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Im not too sure about Lukaku. He never does well for me but does very good for the national team. I even try the same tactics and nothing. Dont mind tho, because I really only buy him as back up and eventually Chelsea come sniffing so I make nifty profit from him.

He does pretty well for me as a complete forward with two supporting wide men. I tend to get my players to play it into feet rather than lump it up to him as I play passing football.

This is the formation I play 99% of the time

Picture4a.png

EDIT - His current attributes:

Picture1-10.png

His scoring/assist history:

Picture3-5.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Just had 6 goals disallowed in a match. 6! I'm pretty sure I'll have to start a new save (10 seasons in) but I'm so attached :o

aaron, how did ya end up paying £145k p/w for Lukaku?

aaron, how did ya end up paying £145k p/w for Lukaku?

Contract clauses, added to the fact I wasn't paying attention during negotiations :( he also has a 20% increase per year that I didn't spot at the time... you should see how much Aguero is getting... £230,000 p/w :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

aaronh007 wrote: »
    there's no way the board will let me give him £300,000 a week.

Yup, you read that right £300,000.... I wonder if he, or his agent have been at daddy-in-law's private stash :p

:eek: My entire squad is on €3k p.w.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

:eek: My entire squad is on €3k p.w.

Peasants! :pac:

My lot are on a combined of around 1.8/1.9 million although with contract negotiations, I'm whittling it down player by player. Apart from the odd few who believe they should be earning more than they are.. greedy feckers :mad:

Contract clauses, added to the fact I wasn't paying attention during negotiations :( he also has a 20% increase per year that I didn't spot at the time... you should see how much Aguero is getting... £230,000 p/w :(

Learning the hard way, the best method :pac:

My Lukaku is a club Icon at 22 and despite falling down the pecking order is only on €35k p/w. I'd offload the pair, and spend the money wiser on other players

Learning the hard way, the best method :pac:

My Lukaku is a club Icon at 22 and despite falling down the pecking order is only on €35k p/w. I'd offload the pair, and spend the money wiser on other players

I know I should but I love them too much :o

Barça are currently trying to unsettle Aguero, who is refusing to back down on his demands over wanting extortionate wages, so I think his time is coming to an end... who to replace him with is another question as he got me 31 league goals in 31 games last season. I've Conor Wickham coming through but he only plays cup games at the moment and wouldn't be up to the standard yet.

The only player I can think of to replace him is Cavani, but then I've no idea of what wages he'd be looking for :/

I play one up front 99% of the time, this is the guy that has displaced my Lukaku.

benitez1.png
    Ambitious: Ambition = 16-19 & Loyalty < 10
    Volatile: Temperament 3-6
    Media-Friendly : Controversy < 15

I bought him (for €11.5m) knowing that he's a mercenary and despite him becoming a club favoured personnel and Celtic being his only favoured club, I will probably sell him. I got him on €40kp/w and his agent forced a €18m release clause in, alot of club were sniffing around after 1 season so I got him to sign a new €70k p/w contract with a €45m release clause. I'm just waiting for the day that someone activates his min release clause.

I've actually seen the AI do some stupid things with min release clauses. Juarez forced in a €5m min release clause. Everton slapped in a €9m + 20% bid one day, I was happy but disappointed at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

CM/Deep Lying Playmaker/Support! Who needs a ball winning midfield when you have a midfield incapable of loosing the ball! :pac:

You sir, should be a salesman of some sort.

You sir, should be a salesman of some sort.

:pac:

I play one up front 99% of the time, this is the guy that has displaced my Lukaku.

benitez1.png

I bought him (for €11.5m) knowing that he's a mercenary and despite him becoming a club favoured personnel and Celtic being his only favoured club, I will probably sell him. I got him on €40kp/w and his agent forced a €18m release clause in, alot of club were sniffing around after 1 season so I got him to sign a new €70k p/w contract with a €45m release clause. I'm just waiting for the day that someone activates his min release clause.

I've actually seen the AI do some stupid things with min release clauses. Juarez forced in a €5m min release clause. Everton slapped in a €9m + 20% bid one day, I was happy but disappointed at the same time.

He looks pretty good, excellent attributes. I'd a quality regen striker in my last game, young French lad, who tore up defences. When he was 21 his Acceleration and Pace were both 19 and his First Touch, Dribbling and Finishing were 20... miss that youngin' I do. Ended up replacing Torres with him entirely after 2 years and he repaid me by being the league's top scorer with 38 goals :eek:

Must dig that game out if I can find it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Peasants! :pac:

I'll make sure you'll eat your words when I win the Champions League with Solihull Moors :p

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I'll make sure you'll eat your words when I win the Champions League with Solihull Moors :p

I'd quite happily eat humble pie to see them achieve Champions League glory. Having been in a similar position in FM 2010, it's a long, hard slog to the top. I bid you good luck sir :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

This game is absolutely heartbreaking.

Managing Newcastle for 4 seasons now, just finished my 4th tonight. Never got a transfer budget of over €15m, all players I've brought in have been relatively cheap/free agents and any funds I've generated have been from sales, board won't give me any extra cash for players.

Never won any trophies in my first 3 seasons, but I finished 7th;9th;7th(europa league spot) which I thought was pretty good for a club like Newcastle. Started off the 4th season unbelievably well, was top at the start of December, knew it wouldn't last though. Got offered the Everton and Aston Villa jobs, who both had significantly bigger transfer budjets, and I was tempted after my chairman sold my right back for 11m (giving me 2m of it might I add!), but I stuck with Newcastle considering the season I was having, dropped down to 7th by around March after a bad few months, but then I picked it up again, beating teams above me such as Chelsea, City and Liverpool, last game of the season I was sitting in 4th, I had to play Arsenal away (top, all they need is a draw to be champs) and I needed a win as the other teams in contention were playing Hull, Cardiff and someone else.

Went out, performed like heroes and came back from 1-0 down to win, 1-3! Champions League here I come!! I was ecstatic literally jumping for joy in my room, also won the FA Cup the week later, what a season!

But this is where the heartbreak kicks in. Man City (finished 5th) were in the CL final v Barca, if they won they would qualify for CL (Liverpool/Everton situation 2005), but surely Barca would win I thought, clicked attend match anywho and 1-0 Barca for most of the game, until Guidetti scores last minute for City to bring it to extra time, then in extra time Barca dominate once more, but Guidetti pops up with a 118th minute winner to ruin my Champions League hopes.

Never been as tempted to f**k the laptop directly out the bedroom window.:mad:

Sorry for that, don't post here too regularly but I had to vent steam somewhere!

Fcuk you Barcelona! Fcuk you!!

The second season in a row and they're about to steal another player of mine :mad:

Picture1-11.png

This is why I hate minimum fee release clauses

Fcuk you Barcelona! Fcuk you!!

The second season in a row and they're about to steal another player of mine :mad:

Picture1-11.png

This is why I hate minimum fee release clauses

Need to get some contract negotiating skillz :D

I think you are better off without him but you could have tried to get a better release clause on a player like that. How much did you pay for him and how much did him and his agent get in fees?

Signed him for what I sold him for really, plus an extra £2 million

Fees i think were around £2.5M for him and around £1.5M for his agent, they wouldn't go lower, nor would they go higher on the £38 million release clause no matter what I offered, it was the same clause he had at Atletico too...

Barça have managed to up that to £118 million though :( What's worse is that he's only getting an extra £5k a week more than what I was paying him :mad:

So long Kun, you were awesome for those three years I had you...

Picture3-6.png

At least he still loves me though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Game came a few days ago. Started as United, 2nd in the league with 3 wins, 1 loss and a draw. Signed Moussa Sissoko and Lenny Nangis.

Tried to sign Lukaku like 100 times but to no avail :(

Advertisement