Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Beat United 4-0 in the league, fcuking delighted.:D
    Third in the league after 25 games. Level on 51 points with City and 3 ahead of Chelsea, who have a game in hand. 3 behind United in second, but 5 behind Arsenal in first and they have a game in hand.

Defoe was on savage form, 15 goals in 20 PL games and 8 in his last 5. Beating United 3-0 with a few minutes to go and Vidic hacks him down and he's out for 7 weeks.:(
    Lukaku scored when he came on, though so I have hope!

Thorgan Hazard is an annoying little shít. He's such a little bitch about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,923 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'll make sure you'll eat your words when I win the Champions League with Solihull Moors :p

Hah, I'm playing a new game in FM 10 with Solihull Moors too!

Pissed off with Spurs now. They're all a bag of whingers!
    Just became the Algerian manager, and I'm currently searching for a new club.

Resigned from Spurs and got offered the Everton job after Moyes left to take my place at Spurs.:pac:

They must have been watching my Algerian's amazing performance against Ethiopia.:cool::P

EDIT: I left Algeria and I'm now the Ireland manager too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Got lukaku finally. 10 mil and hes on like 40 feckin grand the pr1ck!

Top of the league/champo league group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Barcelona enquired about my regen as posted earlier, I said €45m up front and no negotiable, they came back the next day with the bid.

Whilst I'm disappointed to be loosing a quality striker, I'm looking forward to using Lukaku more, as he does hold alot of my goalscoring records despite being 2nd pick for 2 years+, and giving my other regen more game time

grisha.png

Still has a good bit of untapped potential

Barca are paying my regen €235k p/w with 24k per goal and/or app, wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Jesus christ, there's always teams who just run away with the league in my game. First year it was Spurs. Now it's Arsenal (played 10 won 10) and after ten games, I'm already 7pts behind them in 2nd.

Came so close to throwing my laptop out the window there as I just dropped some more points away to Fulham in the last minute. Poxy game at times!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Barcelona enquired about my regen as posted earlier, I said €45m up front and no negotiable, they came back the next day with the bid.

Whilst I'm disappointed to be loosing a quality striker, I'm looking forward to using Lukaku more, as he does hold alot of my goalscoring records despite being 2nd pick for 2 years+, and giving my other regen more game time

grisha.png

Still has a good bit of untapped potential

Barca are paying my regen €235k p/w with 24k per goal and/or app, wow!

Nice regen!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone know where I could get a j-league facepack? I found one for an old football manager but it would be a right pain going through all the pics and changing the ids to the new ones.

Edit:

Also, does anyone know how to get FMRTE working with steam? When I click load game in FMRTE it crashes, google brings up similar problems with people who installed FM with Byteshield. I need to make some edits in the j-league(Mainly Gamba Osaka having 2 Yasuhito Endos :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Fcuk you Barcelona! Fcuk you!!

The second season in a row and they're about to steal another player of mine :mad:

Picture1-11.png

This is why I hate minimum fee release clauses

Preaching to the choir - its more the stupid f***in agents that are at fault. I have left my position as Valladolid - a good successful 6 years at the club winning 2 EURO Cups and 1 Liga BBVA title on pretty much a shoestring compared with the other top 4 clubs such as Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid & Sevilla, Barca just outside top 4 in fifth and I have taken them over and they gave me a bumper 118 million transfer kitty - yahoooo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Has anyone signed Tony Kroos? No matter what cant get him, just wont ever sniff at contract talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yakult wrote: »
    Has anyone signed Tony Kroos? No matter what cant get him, just wont ever sniff at contract talks.

I managed to get as far as having an offer accepted by Bayern. The next day however, he signed a new 5 year deal with them so I didn't even get to offer him anything. That offer was pretty pointless :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Do ye prefer to pick the team yourself or let the assistant manager do it? :pac:

Well I wouldn't think much of myself as a manager if I let someone else pick the team for me... the game is called Football Manager after all. If, and big if, I chose to play like that then I think if I were to win a trophy in the game then it would be a bit hollow :/

In comparison to how I always play the game and to this one I'm playing now, then the only thing I haven't really done properly is the training schedules. Normally I've about 20/30 A4 pages scribbled out for specific schedules for each player. Don't have the time to do that at the moment :(

I can't be arsed with training schedules, tbh.

I was really into about 3/4 years ago but in recent times I just haven't been bothered, nor really had the time to get into it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Ok so I spent quite a bit of my 118 million budget and then just before the season starts it jumps another bit - all this money and nothing to spend it on. Sure I could buy someone for ludicrous money but is there a point?

And I already have gone and signed all the best 14/15/16 year olds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Alright folks,

I have a copy version of FM 11 running version 11.0

How do I update my team squad for a new season?

I went in to http://www.footballmanager.com/patches/ but I don't have a disk, will the first patch be ok?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

FM has got boring these days, far too much nonsense in it imo. Championship Manager 00/01 was about the last one I enjoyed.

I'm having a lot of fun playing in Japan. There always comes a point in the year where FM gets boring for me but I just download some of the add on leagues and play them!

Playing in the J2 and I'm top with 6 wins out of 6 so far, hope it continues!

Edit:
    Lost next game to the team in 15th - 3-1.

Jinxed that to sh*t didn't I? :D

• Advertisement

Got bored with Everton/Ireland so I installed 11.3 and started with Blyth Spartans in BSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

My Barnsley lads are dying a death :D. Bottom of the league. Played 28, won 5 and drew 6. Not having the greatest time but its a bit of fun. Luke Steele my 1 goalkeeper has been struggling, would like to replace him but I need to buy another keeper that is willing to play for 90 quid per week :D.

Also left my post at England, they were annoying me, so am currently managing Barnsley and Belarus, I am a man for pain :D.

Struggling with Blyth atm. Currently 13th after 9 games.
    Just drew FC United of Manchester in the 2nd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup, though.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Finally someone down my end. Just finished my third season in charge of Solihull Moors and finished in 18th. Team is young so I'm hoping next season could be better than last season when I finished 12th but we'll see. As the club is leaking money I don't see my wage budget going up (possibly even down :eek:), I think it'll be a while before I can dream about having a transfer budget :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Blast Japan and it's January - September transfer window. I'm being raided for my top players by J1 clubs 18 games into the season. Stupid chairman has sold my striker who had 11 goals in 14 games and sold my captain CB. Both to Urawa :mad:.

11 points clear at the top of J2 but if this gimp keeps selling my players I wont be there for long :D

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    My Barnsley lads are dying a death :D. Bottom of the league. Played 28, won 5 and drew 6. Not having the greatest time but its a bit of fun. Luke Steele my 1 goalkeeper has been struggling, would like to replace him but I need to buy another keeper that is willing to play for 90 quid per week :D.

Also left my post at England, they were annoying me, so am currently managing Barnsley and Belarus, I am a man for pain :D.

Annnnnnnnnnnd as you were all waiting for, the end of season result.

We finished 18th :D, so stayed up, was expected to finish 24th so pretty happy with that. I said I wouldn't be happy with lower than 15th but I quickly realised that that was never going to happen :D.

Next year is going to be an awesome struggle though, I can't wait :D.

On another note my Belarus team is pretty class.

Finally someone down my end. Just finished my third season in charge of Solihull Moors and finished in 18th. Team is young so I'm hoping next season could be better than last season when I finished 12th but we'll see. As the club is leaking money I don't see my wage budget going up (possibly even down :eek:), I think it'll be a while before I can dream about having a transfer budget :pac:

My current Blyth team are underperforming badly. I've a few good prospects. A left winger called Tom Walsh who was released by Liverpool in particular. He's good, but he gets tired very quickly as he's only 16.
    Still floating around mid-table after 22 games. Got into the first round proper of the FA Cup and FA Trophy. Losing to Brighton and Ebbsfleet. We're not threatening at either end of the table so it looks like another season in the BSN next season.

Why is it that everyone seems to score their first goal of the season agsainst me? It's quite annoying.

Due to the lack of money, I am losing all my good players :(. Jason Shackell is gone to the "Very reputable" as his agent calls them, Dundee United. Jack Tyup my saviour last season is off back to Holland as well :(. But getting rid of them enabled me to hold onto Flood and various other players so not all that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Got the game a few days ago and playing with Cork City. Had a poor first season but halfway through the second season with a good chance of promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just started playing CM11, started as Man Utd boss, get used to it and all that then gonna try lower league teams

I have a problem wit Rooney, he got sent off for violent conduct so i fined him a weeks wages, now he wants to leave, he won't talk to me and will not sign a new contract.

How can i persuade him to stay as currently at Nov 2011 and his contract runs out in 7 months

Advertisement