Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

came across a manager last night and his second name was f u c ks dont know how that got in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

slim1919 wrote: »
    came across a manager last night and his second name was f u c ks dont know how that got in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arg%C3%A9lico_Fu(c(k(s

Remove the brackets.

That guy is an actual manager/footballer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,235 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

i really hate players asking for silly minimum fee release clauses in their contracts. I have a CB with 4 and a half star potential that I've gotten offers of 10m for and he wants a release clause of 9m. Why would i agree to that, I'd lose him in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I hate agents so much - have a player that wants to come to my club and the agent says he doesnt want to. Guess who is on the agents disliked people list? Yep me!!

Yakult wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arg%C3%A9lico_Fu(c(k(s

Remove the brackets.

That guy is an actual manager/footballer :P

ye i was thinking that he was real its mad the names some people have ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

just got FM11 yesterday. 2nd with Southampton after 10 games, 10th after 20 games! Can't stop conceeding, 7-1,4-0 twice, 3-0's

I'm feeling the bullet is only around the corner. Any defensive advice?

darsar wrote: »
    just got FM11 yesterday. 2nd with Southampton after 10 games, 10th after 20 games! Can't stop conceeding, 7-1,4-0 twice, 3-0's

I'm feeling the bullet is only around the corner. Any defensive advice?

put your back line all the way back and put in dm should stop u conceeding it works for most teams i have had alldo if u have a **** back 4 that might be the reason for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Started a game the other day with Shamrock Rovers.. was all going well until the first round of the champions league qualifiers and the registration process.
    I only had 3 home grown players, and so couldn't register the team and continue the game..
    Any way around this?

only1stevo wrote: »
    Started a game the other day with Shamrock Rovers.. was all going well until the first round of the champions league qualifiers and the registration process.
    I only had 3 home grown players, and so couldn't register the team and continue the game..
    Any way around this?

ye if u only have that many u can leave the other 5 spaces free

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

In the January Transfer Window with Notts County at the minute. My start of season board expectation was avoid relegation, i am now 3rd/4th and have been allowed reevaluate my expectations :D... Alan Judge is a beast!! scored a few hattricks. Signed a few french and african lads on 6 month contracts to help along the way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Currently in preseason going into my second season as Dortmund boss and looking for some new recruits to help defend the title... the following sequence has occurred

Picture7-3.png
    |
    |
    |
    V
    200px-Picard-wtf.jpg
    |
    |
    |
    V
    Picture9-2.png
    |
    |
    |
    V
    hellno.jpg

Lesson - Don't mess with the boss :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

^^^

I loled

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anthony Annan is cover for my DM spot at Arsenal but usually still gets around 25/30 appearances a season. Just tried to renew his contract and he's accepted but he can't get a work permit for some reason and I can't appeal the decision.

Anyone had this happen before?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Frisbee wrote: »
    Anthony Annan is cover for my DM spot at Arsenal but usually still gets around 25/30 appearances a season. Just tried to renew his contract and he's accepted but he can't get a work permit for some reason and I can't appeal the decision.

Anyone had this happen before?

When I signed Sanchez for United I needed a work permit for him. It got stalled for like a week but then was granted. Never had one get rejected in my short but glorious :p 2 week experience at the game.

Ah yeah I'm used to having them rejected when signing players alright.

But I've never had to get a work permit for someone who has been part of my squad for the past three seasons :pac:

Thats pretty unusual alright, never happened to myself. Hope its not some bug :pac:

I must get back into the game, still havent even finished my second season :eek: Damn you musik!!

It's really annoying. No matter what I do (set his status to Key Player) he just keeps being unable to sign a contract he is more than happy with because he can't get a work permit.

I've had to arrange a replacement now as his contract is up at the end of the season. Managed to get M'Vila but had to splash ~15M on him which is money I didn't want to spend tbh. Pain in the hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,235 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

40 teams with major interest in my regen left back, definitely a record for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Frisbee wrote: »
    It's really annoying. No matter what I do (set his status to Key Player) he just keeps being unable to sign a contract he is more than happy with because he can't get a work permit.

I've had to arrange a replacement now as his contract is up at the end of the season. Managed to get M'Vila but had to splash ~15M on him which is money I didn't want to spend tbh. Pain in the hoop.

Happened me with Sergiy Kryvtsov, he has play so many games every season of his contract. Also, is he getting many international games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Dempsey wrote: »
    Happened me with Sergiy Kryvtsov, he has play so many games every season of his contract. Also, is he getting many international games?

Yep its the International games thing, that and how good the International team are. If they are in the top 50 in the co-efficient and he played 50% of their Internationals over the last 2/3 seasons then he has no problem getting a Work Permit.

I don't know though, I never noticed having to get a work permit for someone in your squad, maybe his contract ran out?

• Advertisement

Yeah he's the captain of Ghana so theres no way it's the international game thing. His contract definitely isn't up until the end of the season and he accepts my renewal proposals each time but when he tries to sign off on them it's denied because he can't get a work permit.

Turns out it's because he needs to have played in 75% of the games he was available for for me. But as he was backup behind Song and I often just don't bother with a DM he never reached that quota.

Stupid friendlies... who arranges friendly matches 4 days before the start of a season? I've three of my first 11 missing as they're still traveling and 2 have returned injured :rolleyes:

Should be a fun game against Leverkusen either way, always tough to beat

EDIT - Lost 3-0. Great start to the season :rolleyes:

Arsenal have just bid €75m (15m up front, 60 over 30 months) + 20% percent of profit from future sale for my Paulo Henrique.

I bought him for €45m 4 seasons ago and he's currently valued at €37.5m with 4 years remaining on his €75k p/w contract.

TBH, I didnt know whether to post it here or in here

I wont be accepting it, the player is worth more to me and just this summer, he's learned English (4 years it took him) and has Celtic as a favoured club after winning player of the season. By all accounts, he was his finest season.

12/13: 39 apps, 7 goals, 10 assists, 1 MoM, AvR 7.34
    13/14: 57 apps, 9 goals, 13 assists, 3 MoM, AvR 7.26
    14/15: 41(1) apps, 7 goals, 19 assists, 3 MoM, AvR 7.38
    15/16: 54(1) apps, 22 goals, 21 assists, 6 MoM, AvR 7.61

Goes without saying that his general play stats were consistently impressive over all 4 seasons but I think learning some basic English last season really helped him. Hopefully becoming fluent and having an affinity with the club will spur him on some more.

Has he become unsettled or anything?

Man City tried to steal Wilson away from me and after refusing he admitted he would have liked to move, until a new contract came on the table of course.

Just finished my second season earlier on, only won the EPL :(
    All went down hill after January, couldn't get consistency at all. Got knocked out of the two cups albeit young players so I can understand that but was sickened to make it to the semi's of the Champions league only to be destroyed by Arsenal 6-2 on agg.
    They were at their peak in terms of form and I was still crawling along, didnt stand a chance. They faced Barca next round and I definably wouldnt have won that, but still Arsenal :(

Man City tried to steal Wilson away from me and after refusing he admitted he would have liked to move, until a new contract came on the table of course.

All went down hill after January, couldn't get consistency at all. Got knocked out of the two cups albeit young players so I can understand that but was sickened to make it to the semi's of the Champions league only to be destroyed by Arsenal 6-2 on agg.
    They were at their peak in terms of form and I was still crawling along, didnt stand a chance. They faced Barca next round and I definably wouldnt have won that, but still Arsenal :(

Don't feel too downhearted. I rarely if ever beat Arsenal. Imo, they are the hardest team to beat in the EPL. I always faced them around February/March and were always in top form. In the first game I started of FM11, around March time in the season I lost to them 5-0 away. Every time I've beaten them it's always been jammy 1-0 wins or 3-2 games. I'd near rather face Barça than Arsenal.

Only? Try managing Barnsley, I am happy if I win 2 games at this stage :D. 5th season (Not all with Barnsley) its going the same as my season with them last term, struggling through every game getting beat by the odd goal, then facing a top team and losing 5-0. Its great craic.

Kids these days only winning the EPL :D

I turned down a €60m bid from Real Madrid last season and not a peep out of him or his agent since they had just recently negotiated a new 5 year deal. My only worry then was the chairman accepting upon my behalf and the agent not wanting to deal with me so soon again if I tried to offer him a bumper deal!

I havent rejected the bid yet as Juve & both Madrid clubs have major interest in him. My fear is that a bid will come in and my chairman will sell him. Anything less than €100m and I'll feel robbed!! :cool:

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Only? Try managing Barnsley, I am happy if I win 2 games at this stage :D. 5th season (Not all with Barnsley) its going the same as my season with them last term, struggling through every game getting beat by the odd goal, then facing a top team and losing 5-0. Its great craic.

Kids these days only winning the EPL :D

ha thats my aim every year to win the leauge with what ever team i am in what ever country anything else is a bonus

• Advertisement

slim1919 wrote: »
    ha thats my aim every year to win the leauge with what ever team i am in what ever country anything else is a bonus

With Barnsley its clinging onto what sanity I have. Although my Belarus squad is pretty amazing. I look forward to managing to them even though I don't know any of their names as they are all way to long and complicated.

Advertisement