Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Arsenal have just tabled a bid of €37.5m for a centre back I signed for €2.5m.

Arsenal were taken over by a consortium last season, upgraded their training and youth facilities and are now looking to sign some marquee players, they can take a long walk off a short pier! Maybe its a sign of what Stan might do IRL! :P

Bayern have put a bid of €13m for my other CB, I signed him for €3.5m.

I'm not going to find gems like those two for a good while, **** off with yer money!!

EDIT

Here are the two players in question

My captain

ombiji1.png

A perfectionist, thats volatile, media friendly & confrontational. I've had no problems with him so far and he's a beast at set pieces. I have thought him the run with ball rarely PPM aswell

His partner in crime who keeps Rafael Toloi on the bench

forbs1.png

He has a professional personality and evasive media handling type.

I didnt have to tutor either, just buy and play them and they turned out like that!! I paid those relatively high fees for them because they only moved clubs the previous season. My scouts were abit late spotting them but I had to have them and they were well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

^^^^^

Bloody impressive players you have there... although if I were in your shoes I don't know whether I'd have the same attitude to the money involved :p

I've a great attachment to a few of the young lads I've brought in but, if I could sell one or two and put it back into the club for a bigger stadium/better facilities, I probably would.

In my FM 2010 game I'd one such player I brought in from my academy at the age of 15 (20 at time of sale) and was a first teamer, keeping out a 25 y.o full international. Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool, Bayern, Inter, Milan, Barça and Real were all after the lad and I wanted to keep him. But when Barça and Inter bid for him I said see ya later...

As he was a youth player he was free but they'd bid £35 million for him (eventually went to Barça). Ridiculous money imo, so decided to sell him and was able to upgrade my training and youth facilities at the end of the year, as well as expand the stadium by 20,000 seats which was incredible for my little Villarreal. El Madrigal at the time had only 28,000 after a previous expansion (original size was 25,000 seats).

I dont need the money, I could have asked for Celtic Park to be upgraded to 75,000 but I dont want to because thing become much too easy.

A €24m bid for Lukaku has been offered aswell, getting good replacements that dont cost a mint is the main problem

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Great players, cant wait to pick up decent regens myself. :D

Can anyone explain this, I sold Aquilani to Man Citeh for 13.5m. One year on and 2 unimpressive appearances they shift him on to A.C for 30m :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Yakult wrote: »
    Great players, cant wait to pick up decent regens myself. :D

Can anyone explain this, I sold Aquilani to Man Citeh for 13.5m. One year on and 2 unimpressive appearances they shift him on to A.C for 30m :eek:

LOL, gotta love FM at times :D

I use Aquilani as cover in CM/ACM and he's actually decent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Finished season with Barca league champs

tablef.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Another fecking bug.

Wellington Silva wants to sign a new contract. when I offer it to his agent with the terms he wants he says that's all in order. But he never actually signs it. It's not like he's refusing, but rather the game seems to forget I've offered him a new contract and I get no notification saying he has signed or won't sign for whatever reason.

Must have offered him a contract about 5 or 6 times now and each time if I go back a week later there's no record of my previous offer. He's gonna be available on a free in a few months too...

This game is RIDDLED with bugs

Pedro Caixinha has managed 30 clubs in one of my saves, 29 of those clubs has been Porto....

I get that injuries are part and parcel of football but fúck me this game is ridiculous.

Currently February 21st and so far this season Nasri has been unable to put together more than three consecutive appearances due to injury including breaking his arm twice.

Hazard has broken his ankle and wrist.

Just started my second season with Man Utd, won champions league 2-1 against Barca and came second in the league to Arsenal who only lost once all season what!? They only drew 3 times too, insane season for them.

Bought Sergio Romero, Marco Veratti, Romelu Lukaku and Lucas in 10-11 season.

Bought Paulo Henrique, Thomas Mulluer and Moussa Sissoko this season, sold Anderson to FC Bayern, Valencia to Hoffenheim and Darron Gibson to Celtic.

I got Smalling to develop to be better than Ferdinand already The tip there is to have Ferdinand tutor him, then Vidic after that. He gets brilliant!

For some reason I can't get Fabio to be as good as his twin Rafael?

Lukaku is amazing, Veratti has yet to show much but Lucas is already savage too. I'm going to try and get Sissoko to become a bit better technically to fit into the playmaker role a bit better with Paulo Henrique. Muller was a straight replacement for Valencia and he's way better.

Macheda is becoming really good, and Hernandez and Rooney have formed a mean partnership so I'm spoiled for choice right now up front. Berbatov's demanding contract hijinks annoy me so he's probably 4th or 5th choice right now.

Anyone got tips for Veratti and Fabio?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

To stop the bleeding of money at Solihull, I've arranged for about 10 friendlies in a row right at the start of preseason against much bigger opposition. I'm using the fittest 11 I can out of all squads. Hopefully this will get the bank balance close to 0. If I'm shagged for morale I'll just play against my reserves a couple of weeks before the start of the season.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm finishing up in college over the next few weeks and am looking to pick up FM11. Which update is the best one to use?

I'm finishing up in college over the next few weeks and am looking to pick up FM11. Which update is the best one to use?

Use the latest one (11.3) to have all of the up-to-date transfers and bug fixes ;) but go into editor first and edit the percentage frequency of the injuries by about 5 or 10%. It'll only take about 5 minutes to do so, but will save you from many bouts of anger after your squad has been severely depleted due to the many breakages of bones and major muscle tears that should rarely occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Use the latest one (11.3) to have all of the up-to-date transfers and bug fixes ;) but go into editor first and edit the percentage frequency of the injuries by about 5 or 10%. It'll only take about 5 minutes to do so, but will save you from many bouts of anger after your squad has been severely depleted due to the many breakages of bones and major muscle tears that should rarely occur.

Aaron, is it possible to make the changes in the editor after already starting a game? I started a new game a few weeks ago - still in November - but suffering from numerous injuries etc.

To stop the bleeding of money at Solihull, I've arranged for about 10 friendlies in a row right at the start of preseason against much bigger opposition. I'm using the fittest 11 I can out of all squads. Hopefully this will get the bank balance close to 0. If I'm shagged for morale I'll just play against my reserves a couple of weeks before the start of the season.

Sounds like you're trying to kill them :p Good plan to play against the reserves to keep morale up, never thought of that when I was in the lower leagues. My fellas were demoralised when I asked them to train harder to up their fitness...I had theirs and the clubs interests at heart but they just thought I was another dictator manager :(
    Mr Velo wrote: »
    Aaron, is it possible to make the changes in the editor after already starting a game? I started a new game a few weeks ago - still in November - but suffering from numerous injuries etc.

Open to correction as I don't know the ins and outs of the game all that well (and haven't tried it myself), but as far as I know it isn't possible. I'm afraid you're going to have to do one of two things... keep soldiering on and squeezing that stress ball (:p) or edit the database and start afresh. I've done both in the last few weeks and tbh, I dunno which is the best option.

I've a 5 season Liverpool game that I just do not want to quit as I've put so much time into finding quality youths. The other game I've started as Dortmund, I'm halfway through season 2 (had to take time off for college work but shall resume soon enough) and haven't had half the injuries I suffered in my other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Moved on from Barsnley, went to West Ham, a team with more hope for the future or so I thought. Took over from Gary Neville, wow what a dreadful dreadful manager. No players loaned out, but not including players loaned in, the club has 13 players on the books. Which includes 2 Under 18's I brought up and all reserves, as well as 3 goalkeepers :D. Awful stuff.

Wish I had of took the Boro job. Even though the Hammers only have 13 players on their books (Under 18's don't count as they are on very little) the wage bill is £97K + That's basically all just in Mark Noble who is on 36K, and Gary O'Neil who is on 26K. Killing me so they are... But hey that's half the fun :D Trying to get rid of the both of them now, get in some free transfers and that.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Moved on from Barsnley, went to West Ham, a team with more hope for the future or so I thought. Took over from Gary Neville, wow what a dreadful dreadful manager. No players loaned out, but not including players loaned in, the club has 13 players on the books. Which includes 2 Under 18's I brought up and all reserves, as well as 3 goalkeepers :D. Awful stuff.

Wish I had of took the Boro job. Even though the Hammers only have 13 players on their books (Under 18's don't count as they are on very little) the wage bill is £97K + That's basically all just in Mark Noble who is on 36K, and Gary O'Neil who is on 26K. Killing me so they are... But hey that's half the fun :D Trying to get rid of the both of them now, get in some free transfers and that.

:D

All I can do is laugh... some situation the Hammers are in having only 13 players. Almost like Pompey if you start a new game. At least you can build upon the wage bill :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

y is it if u give out to a player for playing shti in the last few games they allways come back and say i dont think thats fair even if they have played crap its starten to piss me of

Fined Paulo Henrique 1 weeks wages after getting a red card in a league match.

Temperament +1
    Aggression -1

Resolute ----> Spirited

AFAIK, Spirited is a better personality type than Resolute, anyone an expert on personalities?

God damn football agents insisting on low release clauses!

Alexis Sanchez was far and away my best player the past two season and looks to be even better again this season and his agent was insisting on a 37M release clause. High enough I guess but Barca and Madrid are both very interested and have been making bids over 30M for him and City have already offered 35M previously, all of which have been turned down.

Managed to get the agent up to 44M so I hope it's going to be enough...

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    God damn football agents insisting on low release clauses!

Alexis Sanchez was far and away my best player the past two season and looks to be even better again this season and his agent was insisting on a 37M release clause. High enough I guess but Barca and Madrid are both very interested and have been making bids over 30M for him and City have already offered 35M previously, all of which have been turned down.

Managed to get the agent up to 44M so I hope it's going to be enough...

Similar scenario to that Elvio Benitez I posted about a couple of pages back. I suppose it helped that I bought him knowing that his ambitious nature meant that he's get happy feet once Europe's elite came knocking.

Give him that release clause but dont get attached to him and be scouring the earth for his replacement. What star rating does your best coach for judging attacking players give Sanchez?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Give him that release clause but dont get attached to him and be scouring the earth for his replacement. What star rating does your best coach for judging attacking players give Sanchez?

He's 3.5 star but he performs unbelievably. I have already signed his long term successor, an 18 year old Brazilian called Ricardo who has 4* PA. He's not going to be ready for at least two years though so if I lose Sanchez before then I'm stuck with Walcott as first choice.

Hopefully no-one will be willing to meet the 44M anytime soon.

He's 3.5 star but he performs unbelievably. I have already signed his long term successor, an 18 year old Brazilian called Ricardo who has 4* PA. He's not going to be ready for at least two years though so if I lose Sanchez before then I'm stuck with Walcott as first choice.

Hopefully no-one will be willing to meet the 44M anytime soon.

I know what you mean, I use star rating as a rule of thumb to whats available alternatively, financially viable or not.

James Forrest is rated 2.5 stars, the assistant tells me that its the weakest position in the team but for me but his stats and general play tell me different and he has decent cover. Clubs be offering €15m for him and I'd be insulted because I know he's better and getting a replacement that could perform to his level wouldnt be cheap and potential player would be rare/cost a nice bit.

If he's younger than 28, I'd be bracing for a bid in the next window.

If he's younger than 28, I'd be bracing for a bid in the next window.

26, and it's the middle of January :(

Just played a UCL quarter final against Barcelona, won 1-0 in the Camp Nou and a surprising 3-0 at home. The annoying thing is that I only got a crowd of 56,444 in a 60,335 stadium.

Average ticket prices are €41 and season tickets cost €703 of which we have 46209 holders. Spoilt fans or game bug?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

This game will not give Hazard a break, he's been riddles with injuries. In 2 full seasons he has played 24 games in total.
    2 x 4 month injuries (Torn Hamstring and broken foot)

Then you have the few weeks less serious injuries he get every month or two. P*****g me off big time.
    Just played a UCL quarter final against Barcelona, won 1-0 in the Camp Nou and a surprising 3-0 at home. The annoying thing is that I only got a crowd of 56,444 in a 60,335 stadium.

Average ticket prices are €41 and season tickets cost €703 of which we have 46209 holders. Spoilt fans or game bug?
    I remember (or atleast I think I do) in FM10 if you were getting a poor attendance you could organize a fan day to boost it.
    Doesnt seem to be in FM11 from what I've seen.

Yakult wrote: »
    This game will not give Hazard a break, he's been riddles with injuries. In 2 full seasons he has played 24 games in total.
    2 x 4 month injuries (Torn Hamstring and broken foot)

Then you have the few weeks less serious injuries he get every month or two. P*****g me off big time.

I remember (or atleast I think I do) in FM10 if you were getting a poor attendance you could organize a fan day to boost it.
    Doesnt seem to be in FM11 from what I've seen.

Maybe let Hazard rebuild his training levels before playing 90 minutes at this stage (wrap him in cotton wool for his first month back at full training) might help him reduce injury proneness, maybe tweak the training schedule that he is on. Also think about getting better coaches and upgrading facilities.

I have Ismail Aissati, who is definitely injury prone but I've looked after him well and his Natural Fitness has actually gone up a point. He does get regular knocks but long lay offs are few. I got him for €1.2m and I'll be looking for €5-7.5m for him this summer rather than renew his contract.

I remember those but I never remember the feature being available to Celtic. In spite of that attendance, the average was up by ~2000 to ~57,000 and the club is doing an expansion of ~8000 seats

Signed for €4.1m ~3 seasons ago.

gaxiola1.png

Poor at Rushing Out and labelled fairly inconsistent by my goalkeeping coaches but those are minor flaws!

Best thing is that he signed his latest contract without a clean sheet bonus, read the small print and weep!!! :pac:

How does this game decide who is able to tutor who?

I signed a 34 year old David Villa from Barca for 300k in order to have him tutor two young striker I have high hopes for. But the only people it's giving me an option to let him tutor are two useless strikers in my u18 squad who are never going to make it :mad:

• Advertisement

How does this game decide who is able to tutor who?

I signed a 34 year old David Villa from Barca for 300k in order to have him tutor two young striker I have high hopes for. But the only people it's giving me an option to let him tutor are two useless strikers in my u18 squad who are never going to make it :mad:

What is Villa's squad status and what is status of the players of those you want to tutor?

Advertisement