Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dempsey wrote: »
    What is Villa's squad status and what is status of the players of those you want to tutor?

Yup I made sure of that.

Villa was rotation and the two are backup.

I changed Villa to First Team and left the other two as back up and it still wont work. One is 19 and one is 21 so they meet the age criteria for tutoring too.

Just a waste of wages now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yup I made sure of that.

Villa was rotation and the two are backup.

I changed Villa to First Team and left the other two as back up and it still wont work. One is 19 and one is 21 so they meet the age criteria for tutoring too.

Just a waste of wages now :pac:

Do the young players have a higher rep/current ability than David Villa at this stage.

Sometimes this stuff does throw up some strange options aswell.

I have Lukaku (first team, 24, 3*) able to tutor my regen striker (rotation, 21 (turned 22 a month after they were put together, rotation, 3*). They play a similar amount of games, score a similar amount of goals and assists. There is virtually nothing between them, ability, style of play etc aswell.

Both even have Determination of 16 but I put them to together because Lukaku is Resilient, Evasive & Physio says he take a professional approach to training, Regen is Fairly Determined, Level-Headed, and physio doesnt say anything positive about his training style).

Hopefully he actually gear towards what Lukaku does because I think he can surpass him as a proper Didier Drogba type.

How much did these kids cost/wages and where they at the club before Villa?

Ah got it figured. One of them was already being tutored, he just finished so he's being tutored straight away by Villa now.

The other one I've just copped it's because he is at the Olympics with Argentina :pac:

Ah got it figured. One of them was already being tutored, he just finished so he's being tutored straight away by Villa now.

The other one I've just copped it's because he is at the Olympics with Argentina :pac:

Bad man management right there! :pac:

Another thing to watch for is giving someone a PPM. A tutor isnt available to tutor if he's doing a PPM but if you have a tutoring process ongoing you can still get them to do PPM's but its my guess that you'll slow the process down or even make it fail by adding this extra workload

Dempsey wrote: »
    Bad man management right there! :pac:

Half my reserve team were off at the olympics, it was easy to forget who was doing what I swear! :o

If Villa can rub off on these two I'll be delighted. The English one has been dubbed the next Gary Lineker and the Argentinian one the next Daniel Bertoni, both with high determination and both list me as favoured personnel and Arsenal as favoured club.

• Advertisement

Half my reserve team were off at the olympics, it was easy to forget who was doing what I swear! :o

If Villa can rub off on these two I'll be delighted. The English one has been dubbed the next Gary Lineker and the Argentinian one the next Daniel Bertoni, both with high determination and both list me as favoured personnel and Arsenal as favoured club.

When I bought Paulo Henrique, for a fee that nearly bankrupted the club, the following week he was off to the Olympics, I was very nervous pressing continue! Hate the thing, a pure headache of a competition!

Also, I have a another player labelled the next Jurgen Klinsmann, 4* potential, next inline for Lukaku tutoring after the current regen although I expect the effect to be minimal aswell but best to try.

He played in the u19 European Championships, u20 World Cup & u21 European Championships in the summer of 2017, wonder what Wenger would think of that!! Nobody even asked me for an opinion!! :mad::pac:

I haven't been too badly hit by the Olympics this time around. Was mainly squad players that went, I remember last time I was decimated though, half my team was gone.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Use the latest one (11.3) to have all of the up-to-date transfers and bug fixes ;) but go into editor first and edit the percentage frequency of the injuries by about 5 or 10%. It'll only take about 5 minutes to do so, but will save you from many bouts of anger after your squad has been severely depleted due to the many breakages of bones and major muscle tears that should rarely occur.

How do you do this? I'm crap when it comes to computers and things like that. How do you get into the editor?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

How do you do this? I'm crap when it comes to computers and things like that. How do you get into the editor?

Thanks

Steam (PC) --- > C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2011\tools\editor

Steam (MAC) ---> /Users/*YOURUSERNAME*/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 2010/tools/editor
    • Select 'file' at the top of the page, load the database you wish to edit, i.e. 11.3/11.2 etc
    • select 'injuries' from the sidebar, edit the filter by name or occurrence etc and edit them to your hearts content.

Steam (PC) --- > C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2011\tools\editor

Steam (MAC) ---> /Users/*YOURUSERNAME*/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 2010/tools/editor
    • Select 'file' at the top of the page, load the database you wish to edit, i.e. 11.3/11.2 etc
    • select 'injuries' from the sidebar, edit the filter by name or occurrence etc and edit them to your hearts content.

Thanks mate.

I was looking through another thread on the football manager forum and someone posted a picture from their current game and they had pictures of premiership players.

Just wondering how you go about getting pictures of players for premiership sides?

Sorry if this is an easy thing to do. As I said in my last post I'm useless with computers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Found a tycoon takeover of Leyton Orient at end of 1st season with them having been relegated, got them back up first season with Harewood, C. Adam, D.J Campbell and a few loans, 2nd season have an incredibly fast attack with Demar Phillips, DJ, Harwood and Odonkor, aiming for back to back promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

peabutler wrote: »
    Found a tycoon takeover of Leyton Orient at end of 1st season with them having been relegated, got them back up first season with Harewood, C. Adam, D.J Campbell and a few loans, 2nd season have an incredibly fast attack with Demar Phillips, DJ, Harwood and Odonkor, aiming for back to back promotion.

how did you get c adam to play in league 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

about 30,000 k a week and a 500k signing on fee for himself and his agent, parted ways in January though.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

peabutler wrote: »
    about 30,000 k a week and a 500k signing on fee for himself and his agent, parted ways in January though.

if i had of know that i would have tryd getting him for my Southampton team had a shti midfield

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Have a youngster called Andy (not Andrew) Townsend on the books.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Signed Sakho on a free in the summer, 6 months later Inter Milan are offering me 20mill for him. Tempting considering we are having some financial difficulty. Damn you FM and these tough decisions. :pac:

Thanks mate.

I was looking through another thread on the football manager forum and someone posted a picture from their current game and they had pictures of premiership players.

Just wondering how you go about getting pictures of players for premiership sides?

Sorry if this is an easy thing to do. As I said in my last post I'm useless with computers.

Have a look on fmbase or a forum like them. They usually post up face/kit packs that you download. Just find the one you want and follow their instructions on how to install them properly. Haven't done them in years as my laptop doesn't have the memory available to do it so unfortunately I cannot remember how to install them...
    Have a youngster called Andy (not Andrew) Townsend on the books.

Had a Hungarian in my U-19 team called Tomas Richards-Harrold (tom dick and harry) :pac:

Yakult wrote: »
    Signed Sakho on a free in the summer, 6 months later Inter Milan are offering me 20mill for him. Tempting considering we are having some financial difficulty. Damn you FM and these tough decisions. :pac:

Heh heh... I remember a few seasons ago that I signed a Brazilian from Shaktar called Willian on a free. Waited until the summer of 2012 before he joined. Was tracked by no fewer than 12 clubs for the season which started a bidding war in the summer (2013 at this stage).

Top offer was 26 or so million from Atletico. Decided to accept it as I'd Gotze as my main AM, swapping with Kagawa and my new Croatian wonderkid Kovacic - he rejected their offer :( Then his agent decided that he should have a new contract because of his loyalty to the great BVB. I rejected this and now he hates me :mad:

cunt :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

cunt :pac:

I just love the emotional involvement.

I just love the emotional involvement.

It's the little things like that that keep me coming back to FM :p

That and the need to take Liverpool back to their glory days :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

That and the need to take Liverpool back to their glory days :o

I know that feeling, but I can't start a game as the Pool manager as I hate it, so I have to work my way up to it :D. Currently at West Ham in the Championship :(

Stuck in a dirty title race with Man City, Im on 82 points/34 games and they are on 81 points/31 games played and don't look like losing any of their last games. Playing on hope right now. Bring on the summer :D

Having managed to bring the mighty Dortmund back to the pinnacle of european football with a Champions League win, I've now a tough decision to make...

Atletico, Juventus, Milan, United and Arsenal want me as their next manager...

As manager of Uruguay I was able to select the option to decide after the World Cup. Really don't know what to do... I like Dortmund and would like to build a dynasty but can't help but think I'd get bored after a few more seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

College exams finished last week so I think it's time to start a new season to waste away my time. Thinking of going with AFC Wimbledon and trying to win the Premiership and CL with them, will be a proper challenge!

FC United of Manchester have just popped up in the Blue Square North (15/16).

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

FC United of Manchester have just popped up in the Blue Square North (15/16).

Ya, they got there in my second season. Were rubbish though. got about 15 points all season. Havent been back since.

Having managed to bring the mighty Dortmund back to the pinnacle of european football with a Champions League win, I've now a tough decision to make...

Atletico, Juventus, Milan, United and Arsenal want me as their next manager...

As manager of Uruguay I was able to select the option to decide after the World Cup. Really don't know what to do... I like Dortmund and would like to build a dynasty but can't help but think I'd get bored after a few more seasons.

Take the jump!! Can always bring a few players over to the new team ;)
    Saying that, I couldn't leave the Pool myself. Too attached to too many players :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There's a Brazilian player for Fiorentina called Jackson Beckham Diego Socrates Da Silva Jesus :D

Yakult wrote: »
    Take the jump!! Can always bring a few players over to the new team ;)
    Saying that, I couldn't leave the Pool myself. Too attached to too many players :pac:

Same... I think I'll leave when I win another European trophy CL or EL.

I've gotten the average age well down from what it was, now just 24 and will reduce further when the old guard leave in the summer. I've managed to get what was a large stadium even bigger so revenue is almost outweighing my wage budget which is pretty sweet and I've upgraded my training and youth facilities to the max.

At least I know when I leave they'll be in excellent shape :cool:

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    There's a Brazilian player for Fiorentina called Jackson Beckham Diego Socrates Da Silva Jesus :D

That is some name!!!! All the legends in one haha :D
    Suso (liverpool u18) has a pretty long name too, Jesùs Joaquìn Fernàndez Saènz de la torre.
    Same... I think I'll leave when I win another European trophy CL or EL.

I've gotten the average age well down from what it was, now just 24 and will reduce further when the old guard leave in the summer. I've managed to get what was a large stadium even bigger so revenue is almost outweighing my wage budget which is pretty sweet and I've upgraded my training and youth facilities to the max.

At least I know when I leave they'll be in excellent shape :cool:

I said that too last night but I really cant when I go do it haha

Nice, my average age is down to 22, which is only going to go up with my starlets growing.
    Ah lucky, in my 3 years at the club we've only managed to complete youth facilities up til 60% and then we ran out of money :pac: Wages and budget reduced from 2.6m/pw and 23mil to 2.2m/pw and 1m.

Losing 7m every month (Previously 11m before xmas) so this summer I really have to sort **** out behind the scenes.

Advertisement