Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yakult wrote: »
    I said that too last night but I really cant when I go do it haha

Nice, my average age is down to 22, which is only going to go up with my starlets growing.
    Ah lucky, in my 3 years at the club we've only managed to complete youth facilities up til 60% and then we ran out of money :pac: Wages and budget reduced from 2.6m/pw and 23mil to 2.2m/pw and 1m.

Losing 7m every month (Previously 11m before xmas) so this summer I really have to sort **** out behind the scenes.

It's actually quite hard to try and leave, I'd the cursor hovering over accept the offer for about 5 minutes contemplating any consequences :o

It's tough to get costs down I've found but BVB only have a debt of around £50 million which runs out in 2022 (its currently 2014 now) so there's a few more years of monthly losses. All I can do is try and ship out the oldies (anyone over 27/28) and bring in younger lads and make a profit.

I've also found that having too many coaches and also having too many scouts on high wages was a big problem in previous games. My old team were hemorrhaging money at that time.

On a side note, I'm just about to start my first World Cup campaign in FM11 with Uruguay. Have Belarus, Cameroon and Australia in my group. Hopefully its more successful than the one I undertook with Italy where I got them to the semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I find trying to get you're finances in order really is impossible.

I shipped out a number of players on big wages, actually managed to re-negotiate a few existing players down onto smaller wages. Sold some players for big-ish money and cleared out plenty of youths/reserves and raised a decent amount. I fill my stadium regularly, for the last 3 seasons I've had an average 99% capacity attendance. I've come 1st./2nd. in the League every year and never failed to make it to at least the Semi's of the CL so I'm raking in the prize money.

Yet despite all this I make a loss of about 3-7M pretty much every month.

Also what kind of time frame are you looking at you reckon for stadium expansion at The Emirates you reckon? I regularly fill it out at 60k but United still have that extra 15k over me at Old Trafford but I've never been given the option to suggest an expansion. I'm assuming because it's still a new stadium but getting to the stage now where it makes a lot of sense to expand.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I find trying to get you're finances in order really is impossible.

I shipped out a number of players on big wages, actually managed to re-negotiate a few existing players down onto smaller wages. Sold some players for big-ish money and cleared out plenty of youths/reserves and raised a decent amount. I fill my stadium regularly, for the last 3 seasons I've had an average 99% capacity attendance. I've come 1st./2nd. in the League every year and never failed to make it to at least the Semi's of the CL so I'm raking in the prize money.

Yet despite all this I make a loss of about 3-7M pretty much every month.

Also what kind of time frame are you looking at you reckon for stadium expansion at The Emirates you reckon? I regularly fill it out at 60k but United still have that extra 15k over me at Old Trafford but I've never been given the option to suggest an expansion. I'm assuming because it's still a new stadium but getting to the stage now where it makes a lot of sense to expand.

I think the clubs debt plays a large role in the amount of money you lose over the season. I'm not sure about Arsenal's but as far as I can remember it's large enough.

Having transfers broken down by the amount over 36-48 months or whatever you choose. Which is why I'm now trying to spend a large amount as I can on the initial offer with 2-5 million over 3-4 seasons. Not entirely sure on this point but it makes sense.... to me anyway :P

I got lucky with expansion as my % filled was 99% for my first season, I'd made a healthy profit from players sold and just gave it a try. Board said yes and it got expanded by a massive 8,000 :D Only the season gone by has attendance dropped below 98% average with this season being a disappointing 96%.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

non football costs seems to be the one that goes up without any real explanation. The business side of things is in its most basic form in the game. I hope the build up the tug o war between the football side and the business side of a football club. At the moment, you can bankrupt any club pretty easily which is completely stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Well I am in May 2016 so time for an update I reckon, not currently managing a club team, not really pushed on managing one at the moment. Having wayyy to much fun managing Belarus, they are a great team. Sergey Kornilenko is dominating for me, since I have arrived according to his stats which I think only takes into account competitive matches (Open for correction though), this is over 3 seasons. He has played 13 games and scored 12 goals, which is not bad for a bloke playing for Belarus, and only played for Standered Liege all his career.

Unfortunatly, he is 33 and we struggle when he is not playing so it shall be interesting when he retires. Sergey Krivets who is playing for Metalist in Ukraine is currently doing very well as well playing AMC.

European Championships are coming up now, focusing on them for the moment, odds of 50/1 for us to win it :D with the bookies saying that I should focus more on keeping the results down rather than winning. France and Spain are favorites to win it. But the groups couldn't have been much worse, Denmark, who it will be a struggle to beat, England who are 3rd favorites and will be lucky to get anything out of, and then Spain, who are favorites.... Dreadful stuff. Be happy with 1 or 2 points out of it in all honesty. Gutted as I reckon this is my only chance to win anything with them, but sure the lads will give it a go :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

I find in the pre-season organise a friendly each week against a foreign team away from home and ya may get a few quid each week (every little helps).

Doing well with Notts County but trying to get to pastures new!

Also a Barca manager, getting the youths in and selling the older lads

Well as predicted I was knocked out in the group stages, but finished 3rd which was the best I could hope for. Spain won 2-0, England won 2-1 and drew with Denmark 1-1. Germany won it, Spain 2nd and England 3rd, so not too upset about it.

Left Belarus though after 3 seasons :( took over Denmark now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Finding it hard to motivate myself to continue. I've already had my yearly ''epic save'' and every save since that has been boring :(.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Finding it hard to motivate myself to continue. I've already had my yearly ''epic save'' and every save since that has been boring :(.

Same, started a new game with Depor but struggling to become interested it and not just go back to my Arsenal save.

My AML position is liike a graveyard for anyone who wants to have a healthy and injury free career. Anyone I've played there over the years always seems to miss at least half the season.

Nasri, Hazard, Vela, Wilshere and two regens. And currently all three of my AML's (Hazard, regen, Vela) are injured...

• Advertisement

A fair few managers have swapped around the place since the World Cup, of which I won with Uruguay

th_bowing.gif

I thanka you :D

Just a coupla changes below

Spain: Rafa Benitez
    Portugal: Andre Villas Boas
    England: Carlo Ancelotti
    Italy: Roberto Mancini
    Ireland: Roy Keane
    Arsenal: Avram Grant
    Chelsea: Marco van Basten
    Man City: Louis Van Gaal
    Man Utd: Martin O' Neill :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Frisbee wrote: »
    My AML position is liike a graveyard for anyone who wants to have a healthy and injury free career. Anyone I've played there over the years always seems to miss at least half the season.

Nasri, Hazard, Vela, Wilshere and two regens. And currently all three of my AML's (Hazard, regen, Vela) are injured...

Are you still using 11.3 yeah? I notice when you get one injury about 3-4 more follow it. Hazard is my crock, tho I may have rushed him too fast as mentioned previously.

Final game of the EPL and I'm tied with City on 88 points (They are ahead on GD +1). Thank god its only Westham I'm up against, should net a few :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Starting up contract talks with a 29 y/o Paulo Henrique. He is still the main man at my club (i.e.the majority of the squad think he's vital) despite not being anywhere near his best this season.

paulohenrique2.png

I'd have had a chat about his recent form and he's responded positively to the criticism. I'll post back whether he improves is form after the private chat.

He wants ~€91k - 95k p/w which is not a problem. The headache I'm having is what length of time I should give him. His agent is pressing for 2021 or 2022 and reluctant to go to 2023.

Now the reason I'm willing to give him that sort of money until 2023 is that his professionalism and natural fitness are exceptional so he'll be still very sharp at 33 i reckon. Even when he does start to loose his physical stats, i'll just switch him to advanced playmaker/attack or trequartista and let him rely completely on his intelligence & skill. The other factor is that its going to cost me another €2m in signing on + agent fees to get his signature and I would like one last long term contract before I start dealling with him on a bi-annual or annual basis as I expect to be fleeced in fees trying to keep him tied down.

Feedback would be appreciated.

^^^

I think it's probably best to take the sign on fee hit now and tie him down to a lengthly contract rather than take the hit when you want to renegotiate. Also try and insert the "play x amount of games in final year and get and extension" clause into your offer. Has worked a treat for me in the past when I didn't want to negotiate with a particular player's difficult agent. A money grabbing fecker he was :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Started a new save with At. Madrid to try and break the Real/Barca hold on La Liga.:D

Won the European Super Cup against Inter by beating them 2-1.
    They had 29 shots compared to my 9 and my 'keeper, De Gea, got MotM.:pac:

But Forlan got injured and is now out for 4 months.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.:mad:

Yakult wrote: »
    Are you still using 11.3 yeah? I notice when you get one injury about 3-4 more follow it.

Yup. And as predicted I loltastically lost 4 of my 5 CB's in the space of a week in January. Fastest one back would be a month. So went out and bought a new CB for cover which caused two of the injured players to become unhappy as there's too much competition for space. Will be shipping Vermaelen on this summer though so should be grand then.

I only have Aguero as a natural striker now. He can't run 10 yards without being out of breath and Reyes is my only winger, so I'm forced to play narrow.
    Definately a 'rebuilding' season.:pac:

EDIT: And now Aguero is out for 3 weeks. So that's Forlan, Diego Costa, Aguero and my best young striker, Borja Baston, all out.

baz2009 wrote: »
    I only have Aguero as a natural striker now. He can't run 10 yards without being out of breath and Reyes is my only winger, so I'm forced to play narrow.
    Definately a 'rebuilding' season.:pac:

EDIT: And now Aguero is out for 3 weeks. So that's Forlan, Diego Costa, Aguero and my best young striker, Borja Baston, all out.

I don't know if it's in the contract but if you can recall Eduardo Salvio from loan. He's one of those gems of a player that playes well above his stats.

I know I've probably said this before and ye're all sick of me harping on about it, but it really is worth your while editing the injury frequencies... Granted you still get bad injuries from time to time but none so much that they erase half of you team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I know I've probably said this before and ye're all sick of me harping on about it, but it really is worth your while editing the injury frequencies... Granted you still get bad injuries from time to time but none so much that they erase half of you team.

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that we're too far into our careers to want to start again but if I do get sacked by Solihull it'll be the first thing I do.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that we're too far into our careers to want to start again but if I do get sacked by Solihull it'll be the first thing I do.

I know what you mean. There's one Liverpool save I keep going back to despite my lack of forwards, left sided midfielders and right backs. They're all out injured. I was playing that save one night a few months back before I started my Dortmund game when I'd lost 6 players due to injury in one match and said "enough was enough" and started a new game.

Damn this broken game to hell :pac:

He was a great player for my Championship Coventry team playing as Target Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm actually playing in my second season as atletico madrid too. Signed hamsik and he has been pretty terrible :pac: Signed Hulk from Porto and he's a beast :D Have Javi Martinez and Dario Srna arriving in January. Borja Baston isn't great in my game, only has 2 and a half star potential. I do have two 16 year old regens in the Spain under 21 squad though :D

He has 3 and a half star potential in mine. His physicals have taken a turn for the worst since he damaged crucial ligaments though.:/

The lack of money is annoying me and the wages that Aguero and Forlan are on are ridonkydonk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I've just upgraded to 11 from 09 in the last week. I'm managing liverpool at the moment(am only 10 games into season). Have ye any tips for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My CB just scored 4 goals in a game :eek:. 2 from corners and 2 from open play.

I've never seen that before!

Real are too good. 18 games in they've won 16, drawn 2. Scored 53 goals and only let in 3.

Barca are almost the same except Real beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah the real and barca players both seem to have ridiculously good average ratings compared to other teams.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just had one of those games, dominated with 62% of possession, 20 shots compared to 3, they take the lead after 62 minutes, I equalise after 81' and get a winner after that. The team I was playing are a very poor side also and I was expecting to hammer them before the game.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Real are too good. 18 games in they've won 16, drawn 2. Scored 53 goals and only let in 3.

Barca are almost the same except Real beat them.

How are you doing so far in that league?
    Just had one of those games, dominated with 62% of possession, 20 shots compared to 3, they take the lead after 62 minutes, I equalise after 81' and get a winner after that. The team I was playing are a very poor side also and I was expecting to hammer them before the game.

Complacency at its best :p Against weaker teams I will nearly always change most of the first choice team around. Will throw on younger players or less played players. Hopefully their will and determination to break first team will push them to perform well.

Advertisement