Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yakult wrote: »
    How are you doing so far in that league?

Currently 5th, 5 points behind Villareal in 4th. Dropped way too many points against the lower teams. Still have 19 games to go, though so I have plenty of time to get a CL spot. Forlan and Aguero are only back playing together recently, and considering that Forland missed the first half of the season I'm hoping that we can have a strong second half to it.

Beat Real to put us in 4th place with 9 games to go.:D
    We're level on 50 points with Athetic Bilbao and Villareal. Valencia are in 3rd with 58.

Good news is I've no top half team left to play. Bad news is my team are very complacent.:pac:

Got absolutely bitchslapped in the 2nd KO Round of the Euro Cup by CSKA, who are on a 12 game unbeaten run in the competition. I'm raging about losing to them after beating Liverpool in the 1st KO Round.:/

Lost to Real in the semi-final of the Spanish Cup, which I was disappointed about!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Was gonna dip into the San Marino challenge but doesn't seem it's there this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone got any advice to make Hamsik play better? 6.88 average after 15 games, hasn't even scored. Playing him as the attacking midfielder in a 4-4-2 formation, barely gets any shots on goal in a match and it's not as if the team is playing badly, we're 2nd in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Started my game just a few minutes ago, playing Mainz in the league and, well I put the curse on myself with regards to long term injuries and saying I fixed them properly... Lost Douglas Costa for 5/6 months with a broken leg in the 5th minute and lost Raphael Varane for 3/4 months with a torn hamstring in the 92nd minute :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone got any advice to make Hamsik play better? 6.88 average after 15 games, hasn't even scored. Playing him as the attacking midfielder in a 4-4-2 formation, barely gets any shots on goal in a match and it's not as if the team is playing badly, we're 2nd in the league.

I always used to play him in CM as a playmaker (41212 formation) and free roam with high creativity. He never did excel tbh, even after 3 seasons he was averaging only 5 goals - 5 assists and a rating of 7.30.

A shít end to the season and I finish 5th. I drew with Mallorca in the last game, and had I have won I'd have come 4th. Absolutely raging!:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anyone got any tips on how to get the best from Steven Defour, ive had him for 2 years now. He has 1 goal and 4 assists :( i think he's class IRL so dont want to sell him on the game(embarrassing i know :) )

Melion wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips on how to get the best from Steven Defour, ive had him for 2 years now. He has 1 goal and 4 assists :( i think he's class IRL so dont want to sell him on the game(embarrassing i know :) )

Play him in the anchor man position but set him to deep lying playmaker. He rarely misplaces a pass in my side and is excellent against the lower teams like Frankfurt and Hertha as a proper anchor man would be next to useless in the type of games you're expected to win.

If I'm playing someone like HSV or Bayern then I play an out and out anchor man as I need someone to shield the back four in my swash buckling, cavalier, attacking formation :p

Fúck off City! Offered 45million for Aguero and triggered his release clause.:(

Any recommendations for a RB? I need one that's good enough to be in the first team, rather than a young'n with potential!

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »

Any recommendations for a RB? I need one that's good enough to be in the first team, rather than a young'n with potential!

Same happened with me, City and Lucas Barrios. I cursed the day when his agent wouldn't let me go higher than £28 million on his release clause.

For a RB, try Sebastian Corchia of Le Mans. Failing that, try Peter Pekarik of Wolfsburg. Liverpool signed him a year ago and he got 19 league assists from RB.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    For a RB, try Sebastian Corchia of Le Mans. Failing that, try Peter Pekarik of Wolfsburg. Liverpool signed him a year ago and he got 19 league assists from RB.

I will second that. Bought him first season as a back-up for Glen Johnson. Has done excellent when called upon. I'd say it wont be long till he replaces Johnson either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

baz2009 wrote: »

I gave him a new contract and upped it to 120 million to stop that happening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Melion wrote: »

Defour is a continuity player, he'll help your team retain possession better. AFAIK he has a simple passing game PPM despite his creativity and passing stats. I'd be looking at his general play stats more so that his goals or assists. He's not usually a headline catcher but his contribution is usually significant.

Defour needs to be set as a playmaker with a ball winning midfielder beside him because he's pretty useless as getting the ball back.

Signed Corchia for €8million. Badly needed someone to replace Ujfalusi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Nw3Mh.png

Seriously? This was in the league btw.

Took over Palencia, a Spanish Second Division side. Top of the league at Christmas and into the 5th round of the cup with a shock win over Villareal. Alejandro is worth checking out. He's 32 but would suit a lower end Championship side very well on the cheap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Has anyone signed Kyriakos Papadopolous?
    I got him for €9m at the end of first season, im now in 2014 and turning down €30m bids from Real and Barca. He is a monster at DC.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Ha ha, just came from behind to beat Argentina 2-1 in me first game in charge as Ireland manager

Managed to overturn Almeria as well and I'm into the Copa Del Rey Quarter Final and Hercules! If I somehow overcome this then I get a goldmine tie against either Real or Barca :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Just got offered €66m (15 up front & 51 over 24 months) by Barcelona for a 29 y/o Paulo Henrique, very tempted to sell but he's still described as a world class midfielder and considered vital to the team by most of the squad.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Beat Andorra 10-0. Doyle bagged 4, Keane with 2, McCarthy, Dunne, Reid and an own goal from them. Not a bad performance. 14 goals in two games. I think I'm the best manager we've ever had :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Superbus wrote: »
    Nw3Mh.png

Seriously? This was in the league btw.

OK, I'm pretty sure BBC have it in for me.

3F5Ii.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Superbus wrote: »
    OK, I'm pretty sure BBC have it in for me.

3F5Ii.png

Boycott them ;)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Signed Neymar for €32million, Corchia for €8million, Hargreaves on a free and Kelvin Leerdam on a free. Also got Miranda for free, but I can't remember if I signed him or if the deal was in place when I joined. :S

Sold Aguero, Ibra and Raul Garcia for €57million altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Raging I havn't gotten to play alot of this game recently :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Raging I havn't gotten to play alot of this game recently :mad:

I actually see that as a good thing :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Everton, Blackburn, Lyon and a few others are trying to buy this young defender from me with bids around €1.2m. What do ye think lads, should I sell?
    http://omg.wthax.org/jiri_neckar.png
    I remember in a game a while back I had this Croatian CB who I sold to Chelsea when he was 19 for something like €8m. I had only bought him 12 months previous for 500k so it was a good deal. But he was valued at €18m a year later and his stats went up quite a bit!

I can't decide whether this guy is worth keeping or not :(. He doesn't seem to be in a hurry to leave and I didn't get messages from his agent about a new contract when I rejected bids for him. He's also labelled ''The next Tomas Repka''.

I'd keep him, he looks decent enough for a 19yo. All going well, in a year or two you'll fetch alot more than 1.2m for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'd definitely keep him.

Advertisement