Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I actually see that as a good thing :)

Worst than crack they said, oh why didnt I listen :( :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Quite proud of myself. Haven't opened FM up all day.:D

Struggling to play this right now. Played two matches against Bristol and won both but for some reason I quit without saving and have to play them again. I HATE replaying matches so much and of course second time around Gerrard gets injured. Typicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Started a new game with Shamrock Rovers, pre season went well with a 4-4 draw against Everton, 0-2 loss against Liverpool & a 3-0 win against Arsenal. Then I realised that my past experience was set to automatic which has put a dampener on things. I usually start my saves with sunday league football as past experience (stupid game keeps changing the profile to automatic) so I get the roughest start possible but really dont feel like starting again.

Currently trying to improve my staff especially my assistant manager. Finding someone decent who will accept the wages on offer is proving tricky! I'm currently only allowed 4 coaches. I decided to focus on fitness so I signed two 4* fitness coaches & a 4* tactics coach and used the maximum pitch size available in Tallaght.

I started with no budgets but only signing is John Paul Kelly (free) who I'll be using as my Trequartista until my scouts can return me some results.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I've had a good start to a new game. Have just gotten Palencia promoted into Liga Adelante and also had a great time managing Ireland U-21s. Trying to get a move to a new club before the season starts though. Not loving Spain.

• Advertisement

The no reserve team thing in Spain is starting to piss me off a bit. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

baz2009 wrote: »
    The no reserve team thing in Spain is starting to piss me off a bit. :/
    Players registered for your b team can still play in the league if you move them to the main squad afterwards.

I have no idea why the Atletico C team exists though, their league isn't in the game, and the only time I'm reminded of their existence is when one of its terrible players say they deserve a new contract for some reason, you're not even playing! how about I transfer list you instead, moanbags.

Can't put any non-EU players in, which is annoying. Not the worst thing in the world though!

Yeah the C team is pretty pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Tough decision to make...

Picture8-1.png

Look at all them monies... I've had to stop playing and actually properly mull this over. I'm a sad bastard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Put this file in the editor data folder(you might have to make it) and you will have the Spanish 4th division lads. It wont work until you start a new game but always good to have. Atletico C, Real C and I'm sure a lot others play down there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Finally got to play this game.

first look- great game, very fast, lots to do loving the dynamic league feature although abit unrealistic at times(rovers spending a million on a player after 2 seasons)

started with Bohs, europa league group stages in the first season but have only won the All-ireland cup so far in three seasons.

btw how effective is the 4132 tactic in europe...defo the underdogs tactic...knocked out teams like wisla,sparta prague and drew with spartak moscow,sporting lisbon,tranzponsor with this tactic.

Decided to take the Holland job (Still managing Liverpool) after they failed to qualify for the World Cup 2014. Should be fun even more time consuming :D

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Tough decision to make...

Picture8-1.png

Look at all them monies... I've had to stop playing and actually properly mull this over. I'm a sad bastard :pac:

After much deliberation and cups of tea, I turned down the offer... they're Real... the job will come up again in within 2 years. Now to finally win the CL with my BVB after being so close the last 3 seasons. Tough ask but I've dismantled Chelsea 7-3 on agg. in the first knockout and have a EPL 1st place and high flying Man City in the quarters so anything is possible at this stage :)

Am now just 3 league games away from the end of the season, need 1 point to win the title from Leverkusen who are on fire at the moment and have a miles better run in, whereas I play Bayern, Schalke and Hamburg. Also have Barcelona away in the 2nd leg of the Semi finals (beat them 1-0 in the first leg) in the CL after I got past Man City 3-2 on aggregate.

Also, am delighted with my run of fixtures in the month of April as my wage bill came in at around £3.72 million while my gate receipts were at £8.03 million :eek: Pretty impressive... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Been playing a bit since I posted the last time. Beat Man City in the League Cup Final and the top of the table looks rather interesting for the last few games!

It's:

Man Utd P32 - 72pts
    Arsenal P31 - 72pts
    Liverpool P32 - 72pts

Also, managed to knock out Real Madrid over two legs in the CL, 0-0 in Anfield and 1-1 in Madrid!

Think I'm addicted again, I'll keep yiz updated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Looking to start a new game guys, preferably with a team already in the top division of a relatively big league. Something really annoying though is the fact that most teams I seem to look at outside of the PL don't have a B/reserve league :/ maybe I'm being pedantic but this would really annoy me down the line as I tend to avail of the reserve team as a step between youth to first team football for young talent coming through. Anyone know any leagues which have a proper reserve structure in place?

Looking to start a new game guys, preferably with a team already in the top division of a relatively big league. Something really annoying though is the fact that most teams I seem to look at outside of the PL don't have a B/reserve league :/ maybe I'm being pedantic but this would really annoy me down the line as I tend to avail of the reserve team as a step between youth to first team football for young talent coming through. Anyone know any leagues which have a proper reserve structure in place?

I've found the Bundesliga to be pretty good with youth and reserve teams, the reserve teams play in the lower leagues. But a word of warning... my (Dortmund) reserve side were playing in the 3rd tier of German football and were shocking in my first season and managed to get relegated to the 4th tier. Because I hadn't downloaded the additional leagues, I didn't have a reserve team until this season gone by... 3 years after they'd been relegated.

Won the league with Liverpool there on the last two days. Man I love this game!

Also, Luis Suarez is one of the best players I've ever seen in this game.

^He's good alright, I've only had one good season from him tho and since then he only gets in 15-20 games due to being a crock the last 3 seasons..

Decided to leave Liverpool for Real. So much rubbish in the squad no wonder they were 8th in the league by December. Gonna go for top 2 finish hopefully.

Yakult wrote: »
    ^He's good alright, I've only had one good season from him tho and since then he only gets in 15-20 games due to being a crock the last 3 seasons..

Decided to leave Liverpool for Real. So much rubbish in the squad no wonder they were 8th in the league by December. Gonna go for top 2 finish hopefully.

Madrid were 8th? Jesus.

I dunno what it is with Suarez, like I didn't even cop he was doing that well but 30 league goals is a different story altogether :D

Shawcross is class too. 10 league goals from a centre half is something else.

• Advertisement

I don't know what's up with the game in that regard. A lot of the top clubs hoover up a lot of crap players. They sign some quality players too of course, particularly youth players, but the amount of dross I've found in the top teams is bizarre.

Madrid were 8th? Jesus.

I dunno what it is with Suarez, like I didn't even cop he was doing that well but 30 league goals is a different story altogether :D

Yeah they were doing terrible! Brought all my coaches from Liverpool so time to reshape Real. Won the first game 6-1 so it was a good start.

Thats unreal, I could only get 20 from him. Do you play him alone up front? I always thought he did better when he was up on he's own.
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    I don't know what's up with the game in that regard. A lot of the top clubs hoover up a lot of crap players. They sign some quality players too of course, particularly youth players, but the amount of dross I've found in the top teams is bizarre.

Its crazy, the team lacks so much dept in defense and midfield yet theirs 8 strikers :pac: 6 arent worth playing and the other two are Benzema and Higuain

Whats the story with Reserve teams do you know? I dont see any and theirs only U19 and Castilla?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Second season in Spain, in Liga Adelante with Palencia. Looks like we'll keep our head above water but I'm itching for a move to England.

Its crazy, the team lacks so much dept in defense and midfield yet theirs 8 strikers :pac: 6 arent worth playing and the other two are Benzema and Higuain

Whats the story with Reserve teams do you know? I dont see any and theirs only U19 and Castilla?

Heh heh, 2 worthy strikers? Thats pretty bad. Man City in my game are vacuums for a lot of players. Their balance (if any at all) is all wrong. They've got 5 keepers 6 defenders, 7 midfielders and 10 strikers. How can you play them all?! :confused: :pac:

On the reserve teams, I think its because their reserve team play in a much lower division. One that's not in the game unless you download the file for the spanish lower leagues.

Similar to Alvaro Dominguez for my Atletico team. He had 9 goals and 4 assists or something like that in the first season. He was my 3rd top scorer.:pac:

Neymar is an animal! I think I'm 8 games in and he's had something to do with like 9 or 10 goals, be that assists or scoring them. Not sure exactly 'cause I don't have the game atm. He's a class dribbler too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Managed to get Ireland automatic qualification in the euros. Finished second behind Russia. Playing similar tactics to Trapittoni except only one defensive mid and a lot of player changes. Then got thrown into the group of death- Spain, France and Russia. This does not bode well.

I have Lukaku and Neymar. But I only play one up front so it's always a tough call who to play. Lukaku is an absolute beast so he often gets the nod.

Love my team at the moment. Have a solid keeper in Delac, two flying wing backs in Corchia and Roussilion. Centre backs are Hummels and Varane, a quick anchor man in Sandro, distributor extraordinare Sahin, flying wide men in Marin and Mata and Mario Gotze my playmaker/assist maker.

Also have great backup for all of them except Sandro, he's currently tutoring someone who I want to use as his backup

My team and their replacements at the moment:

Gk: Delac / Diaz r*

RB: Corchia / Da Costa

LB: Roussilion / Schmelzer o

RCB: Varane / Jensen / Filipovic r

LCB: Hummels o / Bell / Filipovic r

DM: Sandro / Sahin o / Everton r

CM: Sahin o / Javi Martinez / Kagawa o / Kovacic / Casares r

AMR: Marin / Costa / Souza r

AML: Mata / Costa / Gotze o / Großkreutz o

AMC: Gotze o / Wilshere / Kagawa o/ Kovacic / Leitner o

ST: Lukaku / Neymar / Sanogo / Piccoli r/ Polverini r

*o = Originally at the club
    *r = Regen

As you can see, I've maintained a few core players from the original squad while overhauling the squad at the same time. It's taken a good 5 seasons to get this squad to this level.

Thats unreal, I could only get 20 from him. Do you play him alone up front? I always thought he did better when he was up on he's own.

I played an attacking 442 and played Suarez as an Advanced Striker. The problem was getting someone to play well beside him. I have Carroll, Lukaku and Kadlec but still not too sure which way works best. I used 343 formation for awhile which worked very well too, and Andy Carroll seemed to be much more effective for me then.

Just to give Suarez even more compliments, he scored the 45th goal of the year there to win us the FA Cup against Everton! Whopper :D

Just loaded up the game there.

Suarez 45gls - 16assists
    Kadlec 12gls - 5assists
    Lukaku 9gls - 1 assist
    Carroll 4gls - 3 assists

Lukaku and Carroll were both injured on 3 or more occasions over the season too...

Goals and Assists flew in from midfield too.

Gerrard 10gls - 7 assists
    Hazard 8gls - 29 assists
    Menez 7gls - 18assists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Just got the Champions League Champions playoff against Standard Liege. Lost 2-0 away then won 1-0 at home despite a 1st half having a sending off. Managed to beat APOEL (6-2) & Sturm Graz (4-0) in previous rounds with impressive aggregate wins

Currently 8 points behind Derry with a game in hand. Its going to be very hard to retain the title since I'll have Europa League matches littered in the final stages of the league campaign.

Got €2.1m for that little run in the UCL, €200k for loosing to Standard & €1m for making the Europa League stage. Big bucks for a LOI club!

Trying to get the board to invest that money properly is the next step. As it currently is, everything worth asking for is greyed out!

Advertisement