Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I don't think thats an option but it would be a great idea.

Also, where did you get your database for the lower leagues for Germany? Downloaded one myself from sortitoutsi.com but there's an error with the file that the relegated team play in the division they are relegated from as well as the division they're relegated to at the same time.

Also tried a file from fm-base.com but there's an error in the file that there's a team missing in the 4/5th tier of the division or something so it doesn't work either :(

File name: german league.dbc File size: 1.00 KB

I forget where I got it from so I uploaded the file I am using. I think I might have downloaded one from sortitoutsi and edited it to make it work. I remember getting that error myself once.

I just got offered the Chelsea job. Sligo Rovers to Chelsea? :D

jobchelski.png

Pity I hate managing in the PL :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    File name: german league.dbc File size: 1.00 KB

I forget where I got it from so I uploaded the file I am using. I think I might have downloaded one from sortitoutsi and edited it to make it work. I remember getting that error myself once.

I just got offered the Chelsea job. Sligo Rovers to Chelsea? :D

jobchelski.png

Pity I hate managing in the PL:o

Cheers, works perfectly. Now to wait for my new game database to load, all 58,000 players in it :eek: and start somewhere new. Thinking Ligue 2 in France with Le Harve or maybe 2.Bundesliga with Hertha or Frankfurt... decisions decisions.

Or I may even let it to fate... i.e. pick a club for me.

Also have grown to hate managing in the EPL. Too many games played in it I think. My current game is quite good. Have ended up at Juventus by way of Dortmund and PSV, two leagues I don't normally play. Must see if I can get a job in Spain next.

Got Belenenses of Portugal second division... should be fun until I come up against the likes of Porto, Benfica and Sporting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Finally, after years of waiting i think i am about to win the league with Liverpool. Its April 2016, im 7 points ahead of City with 5 games left after going 20 games unbeaten and winning the last 13. Also in the Semi-Final of the FA cup and the QF of the CL.

Only problem is the usual thing with this update of FM. Im about to play Lyon in the 2nd leg of my QF after winning the first leg 3-2 at Anfield, my injuries are racking up though. Im currently missing Phil Jones and Mats Hummels(my first choice centre halves), Davide Santon and Jose Enrique (First choice fullbacks). Gareth Bale is just back from 6 months out. My 2 back-up fullbacks are also out injured(both regens)

My back 4 for this match is going to be:

Bale(still not fit) - Papadopolous(legend) - Tocalli (19yr old regen) - Micah Richards (Not fit and barely playing for me)

I absolutely hate this game sometimes :(

I need to get this guy a permit, is there any way it can be done? :(

machaka.png

He's had a good season and he has 10-15 teams interested in him.
    I got a message saying Bursaspor were preparing a €2.2m bid so I offered him a contract but a permit was denied. This wouldn't happen in real life!!

(Sligo Rovers wouldn't sign an 18 yo South African for 30k in real life either but anyway!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If you want to exploit a bug to keep him, let me know

Dempsey wrote: »
    If you want to exploit a bug to keep him, let me know

If I exploited a bug I know I would regret it after :D. I would be interested in hearing about this bug though, why has it not been fixed yet? I can't find anything on google about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    If I exploited a bug I know I would regret it after :D. I would be interested in hearing about this bug though, why has it not been fixed yet? I can't find anything on google about it.

I found the bug myself, have posted about it here and on SI.

Send player to your work permit feeder club, after 6 months recall the player and offer him a new contract. BOOM!

I found the bug myself, have posted about it here and on SI.

Send player to your work permit feeder club, after 6 months recall the player and offer him a new contract. BOOM!

Interesting. I don't think I could get a work permit feeder club at Sligo Rovers though :D.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Good ole Fm11 :pac:

Going to leave Real Madrid after my first full season with them is complete. Already won the Champions League, Super Cup, Spanish Cup and Spanish Super Cup in the first 6 months in charge. They are a machine and its too easy to win with them so I'm thinking a second division is my next choice.

Anyone have recommendations for fun league?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Yakult wrote: »

Going to leave Real Madrid after my first full season with them is complete. Already won the Champions League, Super Cup, Spanish Cup and Spanish Super Cup in the first 6 months in charge. They are a machine and its too easy to win with them so I'm thinking a second division is my next choice.

Try taking over at a club other than Barca and Madrid and try win La Liga, I think im into my 5th season with Athletico Madrid and I have finished 3rd every season, unless you can get over 95 points you wont win the league. I even managed to win the champions league in my second season and i have 3 spanish cups but cant get near the title, havent even contested one realistically

Yakult wrote: »

I've two games running at the moment. One with Juventus in Serie A and the other with Belenenses in the Portuguese second division and I'm enjoying both leagues. They're challenging and tough, Portugal in particular, but thats part of the game.

Although, I'd also recommend Germany. That's where I'm going to start from now on as I've grown tired of the EPL and managing Liverpool when I start from the beginning. (also don't want to make KK unemployed :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I love the portuguese league. I don't honestly know why.

dsmythy wrote: »
    I love the portuguese league. I don't honestly know why.

I think its a great challenge and other than the big three, all other teams are incredibly well matched. I'm still only in the second division, and due to the sponsor has given me a terrible urge to go out and source some Orangina :p but its a good league. There are as tough games against the bottom of the league sides as there are mid-table and top of the table sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Beaten by Sligo 6-1 on aggregate :o

Have the Irish leagues loaded as well so they had strengthened considerably. About to take on a Turkish side in the Europa League Playoff Round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I'm trying to use my Aston Villa save from FM 2010, but it's on steam and since I wiped my PC, Steam recognizes it as a new device. They keep sending me a Code that is just a security measure, but every time I enter it, they tell me the code is too old! :mad:

I entered the shagging thing 1 minute after they sent it but apparantly that's too long!! I'm only a few weeks into my AV save but really want to play it

/Rant over.

Trailing 2-1 going into the second leg against a team who's name I can't even begin to pronounce, we produced a dramatic victory to send us into the group stages again. More money in the kitty and a favour from Joseph Yobo. Lovely stuff!!

34rvtj7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

when your assistant says "we should encourage more long balls forward" how do I do that? passing is already set to direct

ShaneU wrote: »
    when your assistant says "we should encourage more long balls forward" how do I do that? passing is already set to direct

Set one of the in-match instructions to players to 'get ball forward'.

Won the league and cup double for the 5th time in a row in San Marino with Cosmos. The league reputation's improvement seemed to have an impact on the prize money for winning it as we got over a million for winning the league this season.

Starting to think I'm nearing a glass ceiling though. I can't persuade the board to build a new ground despite not owning this one, and there's only 80 seats in it. This hampers our ability to rake in profits on gates at European matches. Furthermore, 75% of the way through completion, plans to upgrade youth and training facilities were scrapped due to a lack of funds. This is despite the crazy money we've taken in from European games this year :(

I'm thinking one or two more seasons is all I'll be able to hack in San Marino. I've been linked with both the Shelbourne and Preston North End job so I'm sure pastures new will be an option. It'd be tough to walk away from what I've built here but the board don't seem likely to match my ambition.

The San Marino national league is now the 397th rated league in the world, up another 140 places on last year. We've moved up 177 places to 379th in the co-efficients which isn't going to do much for us in terms of seeding.

• Advertisement

Europa Group Stages are so last year :D:D

Cosmos of San Marino have qualified for the group stages of the Champions League after a dramatic qualifying campaign. The second qualifying round was standard enough,we got past Dinamo Tirana 5-3 on aggregate. Next up was a tough tie against Red Star Belgrade. The away leg saw us grab an encouraging goal late on to keep to the tie alive. It finished 2-1 to them and we knew what was needed back in Serravalle. 80 people packed in to see what is by far and away my best result to date with Cosmos.

A 4-1 victory was far beyond my expectations and everyone elses.

Belgrade were simply taken apart by us and we progressed to face a less trickier tie in the playoff round due to taking their seeded place. Omonoia Nicosia were our opponents. The home leg was looking good. We were 2-0 up right up until 90 minutes when the visitors pulled one back. This was followed by 8 minutes of injury time to really give me a scare. Bring on the second leg. We were 2-0 down within half an hour and it was looking dire until my record signing, Nicolo Barile popped up from a corner to send me into rapture. Before the hour mark though, the Cypriots were ahead again. We needed a goal. I was tempted to go all out attack but stuck to my rigid shape, giving the wingers some more freedom. On 84 minutes, Massimo Mauri struck a shot from all of 30 yards to send the club into the group stages of the Champions League. Hello €6,000,000 :D

Arsenal, Palermo and M. Haifa await in the group stages. If we can even scrape a draw at home to the Israelis I'll be delighted. Co-efficients should look better next year too.

On the stadium issue, still no progress :(

rsz_sligovlevski.png

I can't believe it. I was a huge underdog at 13/2 for the win and Levski strong favourites at 1/2. I was hoping for a draw and that happened!

Nick Blackman = Hero. Perfect 10.0 rating..I can't remember the last time I had someone score a perfect match rating!

9 goals away from home in Europe against a stronger team. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

5th Season with Charlton, last game of the Premier Division season I needed to beat Man Utd to win the League, winning till the 81st min and the c*nts score. Still 2nd place wasn't too bad. Pre-season went great for my 6th season, finishing off with a 15-0 win over the Under 18's.:D Beat Man Utd on penos in the Community Shield, and my first two League games I've won 4-0 and 3-0. This is the season!

On another note, Charlton must have the worse finances in England, they were woeful when I started off in League 1, won League 1 in the first season without a transfer budget and tiny wage. And then win the Championship the following season with no transfer budget and a tiny rise in wage. Got a tiny transfer budget when I got promoted to the Premier Division, but my 2nd season there they finally gave me some decent cash.

Managed 1 win from 6 games in the group stages, a 3-2 win away to Maccabi Haifa. We were beaten by them 2-0 at home though which denied us access to the Europa League. En Route to winning all things domestic, we racked up 17 wins and 3 draws from 20 league games. The increased league reputation has seen all of the clubs benefit and they're all worth in the region of 2-5 million now, my club, Cosmos are worth 12.5 million at present due to another big increase in prize money. We are now the most decorated team in San Marino and my own reputation has increased. I was linked with the West Ham job recently.

The league itself has moved up to 270th placed and this gives it a rating of one star for the first time ever. We're getting another facilities upgrade which is positive but without a new stadium I feel we'll still be pushing a glass ceiling. I may have been able to do all I can for San Marinese football. Co-efficients have increased and we're now 26th out of 52. I'll still have to start in the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Champions League but hopefully the path will be relatively easy compared to what I've faced in the last few years.

More on our European adventures to follow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Started off with Celta Vigo in Liga Adelante.

No money and 120k wage bill meant some miserly negotiating.Priority was signing a forward so spent the lot on David Rodriguez from Almeria [350k]

Shockingly bad start, was lumbering around 12th up until Christmas.Was spot on with earlier suspicions, 13 scored, 18 conceded.

I decided to completely change the formation to something which played more to the current strengths of the team and went on an amazing run after Christmas. Ended up finishing 5th and winning the playoffs to obtain promotion.

Season finished really late, like mid June which was surprising. Good thing I wasn't relying on any loan players to help me achieve promotion

Wage budget bumped to 140k for first season in La Liga, Very disappointed with that, absolutely no source of income for the club, dunno how they survive at all.

Going to be rough staying up since I cant get any decent loans due to the low wages im allowed, managed to sell off 3m worth of players and bring in Boyata on loan, Jose Mari from Xerez for 600k and my star signing ,Belluschi from Porto for 2m.

Crying out for a decent striker but cant afford the wages of anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Really loving this game, going to play a quick season, learn from it and then start again!
    So much to do still
    Take a team from the lower division and try and go all the way
    Ditto with a european team
    etc etc

Only thing that bugs me is the injuries!
    I am only in December and already struggling to put a team out, I have to play the kids.
    Am I doing something wrong? I start off playing them in their proper positions

Really loving this game, going to play a quick season, learn from it and then start again!
    So much to do still
    Take a team from the lower division and try and go all the way
    Ditto with a european team
    etc etc

Only thing that bugs me is the injuries!
    I am only in December and already struggling to put a team out, I have to play the kids.
    Am I doing something wrong? I start off playing them in their proper positions

When you start a new game I highly suggest you go into the Editor and change the injury frequencies. Currently in the latest update they're incredibly and ludicrously high, but you can change them to a more reasonable percentage of risk.

It takes about 10 or so minutes but at least then its realistic, rather than a player receiving several broken bones and a few torn muscles over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Jaysus, Pro Vercelli's finances have taken a turn for the worse :eek:

Better try sort it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I lost Joseph Chibuike to Juventus for 12.75 million :mad: He wouldnt sign a contract without his release clause being 12.75m, hes a goal machine too :mad:

• Advertisement

Hey guys, and gal... made this sig/banner for the forum earlier

FM22.jpg

It's only basic, anyone want to take it on and make it snazzy?

Advertisement