Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E63 email Q.

Options
  • 30-06-2010 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Just started a new job and as I already have an E63 on Vodafone pay monthly, I put on a work email address on it.
    I created a gmail address for my job which is temporary but the emails are taking up to 20 minutes to come to the handset, is this not too long? Is there anything that I can do about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Are you using the imap idle application? they should come instantly that way if you are connected all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matamoros1965

thanks for your suggestion and i have googled imap idle but don't know if my phone supports it or how i can access it, when i look at my settings for my work account it says that the incoming mailbox type is imap 4 but it may not use that idle function as i have sent a test email to that account and it hasn't arrived 14 minutes later.

Sorry, my bad, says it supports it on the nokia europe site

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Have you downloaded the Gmail app from nokia store (free), I know with the nokia email account there was a free push service, maybe 02 has a push sevice. I never bothered as I only log on now and again.

Advertisement