Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reptile lights?

Options
  • 30-06-2010 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone I have a bearded dragon for nearly 3 years now and all the heat bulbs (that I buy in the petshops) I use for his basking spot always end up breakeing only a short time after me installing them ( I use an exo-terra housing unit) anyone got any ideas in regards to other bulbs I can buy or cheap ones? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

hi
    glad you posted this , not many people no that you can use a normal tight beam light bulb
    there realy cheap

your local shop or tesco's will sell them , there also no as bulbs , they look the same as the ones you'd be using

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Thibor

I use normal household floodlights.
    I've a large tank, so using a 100w flood.. It hits the perfect temp for my Beardie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

thanks! I bought 2 100 watt bulbs today for €1.90, one bulb in a petshop would have cost me €11 and it would break after a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

just remeber to change the uv bulb every year

Advertisement