Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

tiger woods 11 out friday any takers?

• 30-06-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

from what i can hear from americans, that have the game and played it for a few weeks ,is thats its terrible ,they have ruined it from last year ,ill get it myself ,i was just wondering was anyone else getting it, ive only ever seen 7 or 8 irish players on tiger 10 ,pity as its a really good game with the wildfire controller.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

wildfire controller eh, thats how everyone cheats I take it? i played tiger woods 09 but the people online were unnaturally good at the game shooting rounds of 49/50s, completely bonkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    wildfire controller eh, thats how everyone cheats I take it? i played tiger woods 09 but the people online were unnaturally good at the game shooting rounds of 49/50s, completely bonkers

yeah ill be honest with you , theres no point taking the game serious unless you either get a gamestop controller or a wildfire, theres nothing worse than winning a game by a stroke only to shank it on the last hole.id be suprised if any player over a level 5 is using a microsoft jpad.plus you can have 0% sweetspot which really helps.

the reason im posting is to try and get a few irish players for the Ryder Cup. 12 v 12 .you dont have to be good ,just show up and dont quit lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

so basically online multiplayer is fecked before it even starts! what a shame, tiger woods can be great craic but auto-firing rounds in the 40s isnt.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've played a lot of Tiger Woods over the years - it's a huge amount of fun playing with your mates in local multiplayer - especially when you introduce house rules like the once per match "AVE IT!" which means the player has to take out their driver and wallop it full whack (in a direction of their choice). Never played it online, seems pointless if you're going up against auto-fire n00bs, but that said, I usually hit 117%-120% on my boosted shots anyway cause I'm awesome :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

I'll be picking this up next Friday.

• Advertisement

if your just playing for fun fine, but if your taking it serious and worried about points ,get a gamestop controller there only 15 quid .oh an for the poster who was saying the game is ruined with turbo jpads, you still have to tap out 122, it dosnt appear by magic theres just a less chance of shanking it, top 100 here i come. add fat potaoes ill help any of you out as much as i can.i got as far a 36th in the world last year ,i think im 200th now or somtin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

almanu wrote: »
    yeah ill be honest with you , theres no point taking the game serious unless you either get a gamestop controller or a wildfire, theres nothing worse than winning a game by a stroke only to shank it on the last hole.id be suprised if any player over a level 5 is using a microsoft jpad.plus you can have 0% sweetspot which really helps.

the reason im posting is to try and get a few irish players for the Ryder Cup. 12 v 12 .you dont have to be good ,just show up and dont quit lol.

Justify it however you want, it's still cheating...

I have the game, i like it, not much different to previous versions really apart from the Ryder Cup/online team play and a couple of new courses. Typical EA upgrade really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 AdamPower

Any more opinions?
    Not sure if I should buy it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Is it true that there's a secret achievement of 1000g if you loose $750m in one season?

Is it true that there's a secret achievement of 1000g if you loose $750m in one season?

lmao sad sad sad a bit like the up up right right left double tap X so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hmmm, was gonna pick this us because of the Ryder Cup inclusion but I'm on the fence now. Being hammered in online play is never fun and it doesn't seem to be getting the best reception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Sorry to thread jack but is FIFA out the same day?

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Sorry to thread jack but is FIFA out the same day?

Ha, the new FIFA isn't out till October (ish) :)
    Hmmm, was gonna pick this us because of the Ryder Cup inclusion but I'm on the fence now. Being hammered in online play is never fun and it doesn't seem to be getting the best reception.

There are plenty of people that don't cheat... I'll have you a few games if you get it

There are plenty of people that don't cheat... I'll have you a few games if you get it

dont set blue tee,s what ever you do ,thats considered cheating aswell haaa.

ill be honest with you guys, if your playing online for fun fine. but if you want to win games or even stand a chance get a wildfire, otherwise its goodnight game over, regular players who play it alot WILL have a hori , gamestop or wildfire controller and you will lose , just a heads up .

almanu wrote: »
    dont set blue tee,s what ever you do ,thats considered cheating aswell haaa.

ill be honest with you guys, if your playing online for fun fine. but if you want to win games or even stand a chance get a wildfire, otherwise its goodnight game over, regular players who play it alot WILL have a hori , gamestop or wildfire controller and you will lose , just a heads up .

I hear you, but i've played a few online games on this and the last few incarnations and have never been thrashed using a normal controller. Maybe those cheatpads aren't as widespread as you think. I don't know anyone that uses one. I don't see the point still and i'm sure many others feel the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Great stuff thanks.

Advertisement